Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests

The police have used this excuse to murder people for years. Again they are just killing with no threat that is obvious. These acts are caught on tale and the cops have generally not been held responsible. We need to quit making this excuse.

Then show me one case where that happened.....with the video you speak of; a case where an officer shot a suspect for no reason whatsoever, and was not held accountable.

No. I'm tired of you bitches wanting someone to show you shit that everyone knows has happened just because your bitch asses want to support wrong. And there are videos. Go look at the Walter Scott murder. The Garner murder. The Philando Castile murder. The Samuel Dubose murder. The John Crawford murder..The Alton Sterling murder. And the Tamir Rice murder just to name a few. Holding accountable means a real jury trial. Not paid leave for a bogus investigation.

Well let's take them one at a time. Pick your poison.

I don't know about all those cases, but being from Cleveland, I am familiar with the Rice shooting. The kid was pulling out a realistic looking gun and the officer fired. He was held for a grand jury and found not-guilty of any crime. Here are the two guns side by side: a real one, and the one Rice had:

View attachment 157180

As for Garner, once again, a black guy that feels he doesn't need to respect the law. His death was caused by his poor physical condition and deadly force was not used. The officer was simply trying to arrest him.
The police arrived, jumped out, & killed a kid with a toy gun. What the fuck is wrong with you that you think that is right. How about assessing the situation?

A guy is standing outside a store, doing nothing, the cops kill him. Hey that's OK.
/—-/ what guy standing outside the store?

MY God you are as fucking stupid as Trump.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
no business should get tax dollars or a tax exemption. we are $22 Trillion in the whole...

...Certainly not for doing that which the business exists to do. Profit is a more than adequate motivator for doing that which one entered the marketplace to do. Quite frankly, if a business cannot be profitable without a codified subsidy or tax break, it probably shouldn't exist.

It has nothing to do with the Constitution. The Constitution doesn't apply to private industry when it comes to freedom of speech.
/—-/ When I went to work at Verizon Wireless, I was handed a list of banned topics for discussion on or off the job (meaning if you met friends after work a time a party or bar) included on the list was any discussion of politics, religion, current events except the weather and most of all American sports that would alienate recent immigrants who don’t understand football.

Your job cannot stop you from doing anything while off work. So if you followed those rules you are a fool. I would have quit if I got a list of things telling me what I can't talk about when I'm not working. So understand this, just because a private business does something doesn't mean it s legal. And again there is a collective bargaining agreement between owners and players in the NFL which means both sides accepted and agreed to the terms. Unlike Verizon, where you were not members of a union that bargained for rights that management contractually agreed to uphold. So think we need to hang up these comparisons because they do not match.
/—-/ It was in the middle of the Obama depression and there were no jobs. People stayed for the paycheck and health insurance. As soon as we could find another job, we jumped shipped. It was a toxic environment to work in at the time.

There was no Obama depression.
/—-/ People lost their homes, their careers and health insurance thanks to Obozo. Maybe to were stoned at the time,

No they didn't. They lost homes and jobs thanks to Bush. They did not lose healthcare because of Obama.

It was bound to happen. NFL owners should have fired these overpaid loudmouths before they wound up costing the owners millions$$$. Now the owners will lose millions$$$ in subsidies, that are offered when NFL teams build or refurbish their stadiums.

Republican Congressman Steve Russell of Oklahoma is a highly decorated 21-year combat veteran who lost comrades in deployments overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait. He knows firsthand the sacrifices veterans have made for his country.

He, like many other Republican Congressmen, believe the current NFL protests, begun last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, have crossed the line in terms of lack of patriotism among spoiled football players. To that end, Russell has introduced legislation that would end federal subsidies for the NFL.

Also, legislation, to do the same, is being introduced by Florida Republican Congressman Matt Gaetz, who is now lead sponsor of the Pro Sports Act, which was introduced by former Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz,.

So NFL owners will lose Billions$$ because they couldn't (or wouldn't) control their bigmouth players .Should have gotten rid of these dopes before they caused all he trouble.

Trump calls for end to NFL tax breaks -- bill already in place!

Conservatives in Congress Introduce Legislation to End NFL Subsidies Following Protests
/—-/ The Left has hated NFL for decades. The death of pro football is a dream come true for them. They want us watching soccer anyway.

I am a liberal and played football. Shut the fuck up with that dumb shit and argue something else. If you oppose the protest fine but this stupid shit is unnecessary.
/—-/ So Liberal politics has nothing to do with pressure on the Red Skins to change their mascot? Liberal politics make NFL games unwatchable | Reagan

No. Liberal politics did not. Conservative racist politics that say i's fine to allow a team t continue using racially derogatory nicknames/mascots as long as the names/mascots are not derogatory to whites for teams is.
/—-/ What’s racist about Redskin or St John’s old mascot Redmen? Meskwaki chief Black Thunder delivered a speech at a treaty conference after the War of 1812. Black Thunder, whose words were translated by an interpreter, said that he would speak calmly and without fear, adding, "I turn to all, red skins and white skins, and challenge an accusation against me."
The Real History of the Word Redskin. It's Not What You Think.

You go ask the majority of Native Americans that question. This is not 1812.

/—-/ The Left has hated NFL for decades. The death of pro football is a dream come true for them. They want us watching soccer anyway.

I am a liberal and played football. Shut the fuck up with that dumb shit and argue something else. If you oppose the protest fine but this stupid shit is unnecessary.
/—-/ So Liberal politics has nothing to do with pressure on the Red Skins to change their mascot? Liberal politics make NFL games unwatchable | Reagan

No. Liberal politics did not. Conservative racist politics that say i's fine to allow a team t continue using racially derogatory nicknames/mascots as long as the names/mascots are not derogatory to whites for teams is.

Nothing racist or derogatory about the Red Skins.

You are a race baiting asshole.
/—-/. It’s well documented that tribes wore body paint to intimidate their enemies during battle. Sports teams adopted the tradition as s sign of respect not as an insult.

The Native Americans are opposed to this and since the redskin is supposed to represent a native american, your white a-- doesn't get to tell them what is not racist or derogatory to them. It's funny how we don't see racially derogatory nicknames for whites in these leagues. Look chump, just because I dont agree with your racism doesn't mean you get to call me a race baiter. I did not bring up the issue of the redskin name.

The only federal tax breaks go to the cities who built the stadiums with bonds. I'm not sure they can retroactively take those away. The teams all pay Federal taxes, always have. The league office gave up their tax free status in 2015.
If that were true, none of this would be going on. I sense you don't know what you're talking about.

Is the NFL getting 'massive tax breaks', as Trump said?

“federal government lost a potential tax revenue of $1.11 billion on bonds issued by local governments to finance NFL stadiums.”

Nauseating. Kick these whiny millionaires to the curb.

They did not lose any tax revenues. The bonds are used by local governments. NFL teams pay taxes the same as any regular business does. You are the whiny one.

The NFL gets lots of local, state and federal corporate welfare, it all needs to stop, this is a good first step. Corporate welfare needs to end, all of it.

Funny we have left wing nuts now in favor of corporate welfare.

The only federal tax breaks go to the cities who built the stadiums with bonds. I'm not sure they can retroactively take those away. The teams all pay Federal taxes, always have. The league office gave up their tax free status in 2015.
If that were true, none of this would be going on. I sense you don't know what you're talking about.

Is the NFL getting 'massive tax breaks', as Trump said?

“federal government lost a potential tax revenue of $1.11 billion on bonds issued by local governments to finance NFL stadiums.”

Nauseating. Kick these whiny millionaires to the curb.

They did not lose any tax revenues. The bonds are used by local governments. NFL teams pay taxes the same as any regular business does. You are the whiny one.

The NFL gets lots of local, state and federal corporate welfare, it all needs to stop, this is a good first step. Corporate welfare needs to end, all of it.

Funny we have left wing nuts now in favor of corporate welfare.

Whose in favor of corporate welfare?

If Trump says it is good, then I know it is bad.If Trump says Fire is hot, I would have to light a match and touch the flame myself, because all he does is lie.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2
If Trump says it is good, then I know it is bad.If Trump me Fire is hot, I would have to light a match and touch the flame myself, because all he does is lie.
/—-/ Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

If Trump says it is good, then I know it is bad.If Trump me Fire is hot, I would have to light a match and touch the flame myself, because all he does is lie.
/—-/ Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

That's what you are, loon.
/----/ Nah - just someone who dares to disagree with you.
dawson-crying-you-hurt-my-feelings-ouch.jpg

Another looney liberal all up in arms over the use of a name like Redskins, and ferociously defending the Indians. ....while 90% of the Indians couldn't care less. :laugh:

The police arrived, jumped out, & killed a kid with a toy gun. What the fuck is wrong with you that you think that is right. How about assessing the situation?

A guy is standing outside a store, doing nothing, the cops kill him. Hey that's OK.
When someone shows anything that looks like a real gun, there is no assess, you shoot or you die. The gun toter can pull out his gun and fire his gun in a half second.

Garner killed himself by resisting arrest, same as other dumbbells killed by cops.

/—-/ When I went to work at Verizon Wireless, I was handed a list of banned topics for discussion on or off the job (meaning if you met friends after work a time a party or bar) included on the list was any discussion of politics, religion, current events except the weather and most of all American sports that would alienate recent immigrants who don’t understand football.

Your job cannot stop you from doing anything while off work. So if you followed those rules you are a fool. I would have quit if I got a list of things telling me what I can't talk about when I'm not working. So understand this, just because a private business does something doesn't mean it s legal. And again there is a collective bargaining agreement between owners and players in the NFL which means both sides accepted and agreed to the terms. Unlike Verizon, where you were not members of a union that bargained for rights that management contractually agreed to uphold. So think we need to hang up these comparisons because they do not match.
/—-/ It was in the middle of the Obama depression and there were no jobs. People stayed for the paycheck and health insurance. As soon as we could find another job, we jumped shipped. It was a toxic environment to work in at the time.

There was no Obama depression.
/—-/ People lost their homes, their careers and health insurance thanks to Obozo. Maybe to were stoned at the time,

No they didn't. They lost homes and jobs thanks to Bush. They did not lose healthcare because of Obama.

Like hell we didn't.

You mean he also has Billions of $$ of real estate wealth, a large private jet, nice family, starred in a TV show, and got himself elected POTUS. ? Pretty stupid, huh ?

upload_2017-10-29_18-34-50.png
upload_2017-10-29_18-35-9.png
upload_2017-10-29_18-36-4.png
th
th
th
th

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-29_18-36-32.png
    upload_2017-10-29_18-36-32.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
If the suspect is believed to be a threat to the public, a police officer does have the legal right to stop him using deadly force.

Yeah but police are killing people who are not threats to the public.

A police officer can use deadly force to protect himself or the public. If any case exists where an officer used deadly force otherwise, he will be held responsible for his actions.

The police have used this excuse to murder people for years. Again they are just killing with no threat that is obvious. These acts are caught on tale and the cops have generally not been held responsible. We need to quit making this excuse.

Then show me one case where that happened.....with the video you speak of; a case where an officer shot a suspect for no reason whatsoever, and was not held accountable.

A tail light out - is that an excuse?

I don't know. Post the story you're talking about and we'll go from there.

No. I'm tired of you bitches wanting someone to show you shit that everyone knows has happened just because your bitch asses want to support wrong. And there are videos. Go look at the Walter Scott murder. The Garner murder. The Philando Castile murder. The Samuel Dubose murder. The John Crawford murder..The Alton Sterling murder. And the Tamir Rice murder just to name a few. Holding accountable means a real jury trial. Not paid leave for a bogus investigation.

I don't know about all those cases, but being from Cleveland, I am familiar with the Rice shooting. The kid was pulling out a realistic looking gun and the officer fired. He was held for a grand jury and found not-guilty of any crime. Here are the two guns side by side: a real one, and the one Rice had:

View attachment 157180

As for Garner, once again, a black guy that feels he doesn't need to respect the law. His death was caused by his poor physical condition and deadly force was not used. The officer was simply trying to arrest him.

/—-/ what guy standing outside the store?

You mean he also has Billions of $$ of real estate wealth, a large private jet, nice family, starred I a TV show, and got himself elected POTUS. ?
View attachment 157253 View attachment 157254 View attachment 157255
th

He probably means Trump was handed daddys 500 million dollar business and went bankrupt a record number of times.

A police officer can use deadly force to protect himself or the public. If any case exists where an officer used deadly force otherwise, he will be held responsible for his actions.

View attachment 157180

Doing nothing, huh? The officer asked him to place his hands behind his back and the suspect refused. It's police procedure to take an unruly suspect to the ground in order to cuff them.

When somebody is pulling a gun on you, you don't have time to "assess" the situation. Your only assessment is you may only have one second to live if you don't do something. Now look at that picture of two guns and you tell me which one is the real gun. Well.......if you can't tell staring at it, how is a cop supposed to tell when somebody has it half way out of their pants?

Right, because most teams choose names and mascots as a mockery.

Forum List

Back