Conservatives mock ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ hashtag

What exactly was this suppose to accomplish?

AHA!

Finally, an intelligent question. And to think it only took about 880 posts. The consensus is that the hashtag campaign was to focus attention on the plight of the 300 kidnapped girls in Nigeria. An 'aware' campaign if you will.

Worldwide response was rapid and now we await and pray that the girls will be rescued safely. Thank you for asking.

So we're all aware. Now rescued by who? The world wide hashtag response isn't going to accomplish the rescue so who will?

Who is going to go in there and kill these islamist terrorists to rescue the girls? Are you going to fucking hashtag an imaginary Seal Team?

Do you care about the girls? Do you really care?

Hell no!

All you actually care about is putting on a show of concern while trying to sound intelligent and of course, looking good for your fellow dittoheads in the process. It's what you do... it's what all you wing-nuts do well.

Next?

Mud brought up a good point. How do we spread the word about events (boys being burned to death, girls being kidnapped) to get attention on it which will spark action?

Cons reject social media *wink wink* so how do we spread the word. Paul Revere road a horse thru town....maybe...

Mud brought up a good point. How do we spread the word about events (boys being burned to death, girls being kidnapped) to get attention on it which will spark action?

Cons reject social media *wink wink* so how do we spread the word. Paul Revere road a horse thru town....maybe...

Smoke signals.

AHA!

Finally, an intelligent question. And to think it only took about 880 posts. The consensus is that the hashtag campaign was to focus attention on the plight of the 300 kidnapped girls in Nigeria. An 'aware' campaign if you will.

Worldwide response was rapid and now we await and pray that the girls will be rescued safely. Thank you for asking.

So we're all aware. Now rescued by who? The world wide hashtag response isn't going to accomplish the rescue so who will?

Who is going to go in there and kill these islamist terrorists to rescue the girls? Are you going to fucking hashtag an imaginary Seal Team?

Hell no!

All you actually care about is putting on a show of concern while trying to sound intelligent and of course, looking good for your fellow dittoheads in the process. It's what you do... it's what all you wing-nuts do well.

Next?

It occurs to me that the only thing more impotently ineffectual than a horde of people engaging in pseudo-activism by sending amorphous tweets 140 characters at a time is...

-- a second horde of people splashed over nine hundred internet posts whining about the first horde of people engaging in pseudo-activism by sending amorphous tweets 140 characters at a time.

Last edited:

Hell no!

Next?

It occurs to me that the only thing more impotently ineffectual than a horde of people engaging in pseudo-activism by sending amorphous tweets 140 characters at a time is...

-- a second horde of people splashed over nine hundred internet posts whining about the first horde of people engaging in pseudo-activism by sending amorphous tweets 140 characters at a time.

You are confusing whining with laughter,

Sent from my HP 7 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

We can use this new thing to spread the word called a "printing press"...just thinking out loud here

We can use this new thing to spread the word called a "printing press"...just thinking out loud here

Information about the terrorist shit behavior has already gottne quite fully disseminated. It's called radio, tv and computer. Maybe you've heard about it.

In any event, the dissemination of "news" is not the problem, genius.

What to DO about the terrorist behavior IS the actual issue.

#UseofHashtagsToRaiseAwarenessIsPointlessWhenTheProblemIsAlreadyVeryWellKnown

#ObumblerAndTheFirstLadyGoingAllTwitterOnTheTerroristsAccomplishesExactlyAndPreciselyFuckingNothing

Information about the terrorist shit behavior has already gottne quite fully disseminated. It's called radio, tv and computer. Maybe you've heard about it.

#ObumblerAndTheFirstLadyGoingAllTwitterOnTheTerroristsAccomplishesExactlyAndPreciselyFuckingNothing

Spreading the word is good now? Good, I just trained these pigeons too. They'll be able to reach tens of people. Take that twitter!

Spreading the word is good now? Good, I just trained these pigeons too. They'll be able to reach tens of people. Take that twitter!

No. All HASHTAG Obumbler Bleating Meaningless Catch Phrases accomplishes is to spread the word about a problem that is already known. In short, it doesn't accomplish diddly fucking dog, you dope.

You really aren't very bright, ClosedMinded.

No. All HASHTAG Obumbler Bleating Meaningless Catch Phrases accomplishes is to spread the word about a problem that is already known. In short, it doesn't accomplish diddly fucking dog, you dope.

It wasnt already known idiot...thats where you just shit the bed. :lol: Spreading the word is bad if Ilar already heard about it? I'll tell everyone....by pigeon

It wasnt already known idiot...thats where you just shit the bed. :lol: Spreading the word is bad if Ilar already heard about it? I'll tell everyone....by pigeon

It WAS known. Widely known. Well known. Your denial of that fact is just where more shit tumbled out of your mouth -- again.

Spreading the word about something that is already well known isn't 'bad" you pathetic hapless drip. It's just kind of pointless. Like your existence.

And one more point which, sadly, your feeble little mind will not be able to comprehend. But, "spreading the word" further is STILL not actually DOING something ABOUT the problem itself.

Now hurry back with more of your incoherent baseless musings.

Hurry. There are electrons that need to be wasted.

It WAS known. Widely known. Well known. Your denial of that fact is just where more shit tumbled out of your mouth -- again.

Because you stomp your feet and cry about it doesnt change anything

Spreading the word about something that is already well known isn't 'bad" you pathetic hapless drip. It's just kind of pointless. Like your existence.

Crying doesnt make it true either.

And one more point which, sadly, your feeble little mind will not be able to comprehend. But, "spreading the word" further is STILL not actually DOING something ABOUT the problem itself.

Exactly information is unpower :D

Now hurry back with more of your incoherent baseless musings.

Hurry. There are electrons that need to be wasted.

#BringBackOurGirls illustrates the power of a hashtag - CNET

About 250 schoolgirls were kidnapped in Nigeria three and a half weeks ago. Yet, much of the world didn't hear about it until this week. While there's ample speculation as to why it took so long for the news to get out, it is clear that one hashtag helped bring the world's attention to the incident: #BringBackOurGirls.

Snip

So, how did it all start?

It began with one Nigerian man named Ibrahim M. Abdullahi. On April 23, as he watched the former Nigerian Minister of Education Obiageli Ezekwesili give a speech calling on the government to "bring back our daughters," he tweeted out, "Yes #BringBackOurDaughters #BringBackOurGirls," according to ITV News.

Ezekwesili retweeted Abdullahi's tweet to her tens of thousands of followers and the rest is history. Abdullahi told ITV News that before the #BringBackOurGirls hashtag went viral, the government was slow to take action. He credits the international community for helping pressure the government to begin work on a rescue.

"It is the world's outcry that forced the Nigerian government to stand up to its obligations and start working towards finding the girls," Abdullahi told ITV News.

Like I said your wet face doesnt change what happened.

I've been talking about this sort of thing for years off and on. It's going on in Egypt, Iraq, Libya, the Sudan, various other places. Nobody really cared because it was just hated Christians being waxed. That video that Obama called "Disgusting" was produced about this kind of crap. Coptic Christians being harassed and murdered by Muslims. How dare they focus on the slaughter.

Now Obama needs a distraction and something to get the headlines off of the IRS, Benghazi, the VA. That's why they decided to focus on this now. 6 weeks ago 50 schoolboys were burnt to death in their school house in the same village. Nobody gave a shit then.

The only "WORD" you libs spread is what the media decides needs to be spread.

Last edited:

I've been talking about this sort of thing for years off and on. It's going on in Egypt, Iraq, Libya, the Sudan, various other places. Nobody really cared because it was just hated Christians being waxed. That video that Obama called "Disgusting" was produced about this kind of crap. Coptic Christians being harassed and murdered by Muslims. How dare they focus on the slaughter.

Now Obama needs a distraction and something to get the headlines off of the IRS, Benghazi, the VA. That's why they decided to focus on this now. 6 weeks ago 50 schoolboys were burnt to death in their school house in the same village. Nobody gave a shit then.

If only it was some way to spread the word about such events in a quick way. I just trained some pigeons that can fly really fast. And we can yell to the next town about it too.

If only it was some way to spread the word about such events in a quick way. I just trained some pigeons that can fly really fast. And we can yell to the next town about it too.
Dude, that's just so lame.......:lame2:

Hell no!

Next?

You are confusing whining with laughter,

No -- there's a difference -- laughter dies away.
Check the thread count.

Hell no!

Next?

So it's only a horde engaged in tweeting that gets to you?

How about your whining in this THREAD (not limited to 140 characters) ABOUT whining at Twitter?

Look. It's simple: The pseudo-activism of tweeting such malarkey is mock worthy.

Hell no!

Next?

So it's only a horde engaged in tweeting that gets to you?

How about your whining in this THREAD (not limited to 140 characters) ABOUT whining at Twitter?

Look. It's simple: The pseudo-activism of tweeting such malarkey is mock worthy.

You claiming it was well known when it wasnt is mock worthy.

Someone shoulda tweeted you the story and you wouldve known about it.

Forum List

Back