🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Conservatives push for end of "no fault" divorce

I remember the 60s before nofault divorce

Abusive marriages, constant fighting, domestic abuse, loveless marriages

Some people are just not made to be married

There was a rush to divorce in the 70s

People will still be able to get divorces, RW. They will just have to show cause like they do in civilized countries.

Actually, I don't have a huge problem with this. If you are going to get a divorce, especially if kids are involved, there better be a good reason.

Domestic abuse is solid grounds for divorce.

"I'm not feeling it" isn't. You should have thought of that before your parents paid thousands of dollars for a wedding.

Im with you on this one joe.

There should definitely be no-fault Gay Divorce.

Judges really don't need to hear a couple of guys in drag whining in their courtrooms about the homo lifestyle.

And if a homo wants to leave the lifestyle and maybe get married to an actual woman instead of a man dressed like one, there shouldn't be any impediment.

• Brilliant
Reactions: JBG
But why ?
Because there are very solid reasons for making it a little more difficult, (but not impossible) to divorce, especially when children are involved. Maybe we should make the marriage contract stronger, spelling out details of how to dissolve it should that become necessary. Every contract spells out how it can be dissolved and who walks away with what should it happen. Marriage is a contract, so if we're not going to assume it's for life anymore, pre-nups need to be a lot more common.

Because there are very solid reasons for making it a little more difficult, (but not impossible) to divorce, especially when children are involved. Maybe we should make the marriage contract stronger, spelling out details of how to dissolve it should that become necessary. Every contract spells out how it can be dissolved and who walks away with what should it happen. Marriage is a contract, so if we're not going to assume it's for life anymore, pre-nups need to be a lot more common.
A judge with an agenda can slice through a pre-nup like a hot knife through butter. One bitch got her pre-nup tossed because she said she signed it under duress. What duress you might ask..? That he wouldn't marry her unless she signed it...

Because marriage is important to maintaining families.

Now, I am not so picky if we are talking about no kids involved, but ending marriages when there are kids involved, you'd better have a damned good reason.
I don’t want to remain married to this person for the rest of my life is a good enough reason

Marriage is a contract that is voluntarily entered into. Either party should have an option to end that contract.

It is none of the States business

Actually, I don't have a huge problem with this. If you are going to get a divorce, especially if kids are involved, there better be a good reason.

Domestic abuse is solid grounds for divorce.

"I'm not feeling it" isn't. You should have thought of that before your parents paid thousands of dollars for a wedding.
I agree. If you are in an abusive relationship, that is a “fault”…the idea that one can say “meh..I’m just tired of being married” probably deserves a little more scrutiny.

Because marriage is important to maintaining families.

Now, I am not so picky if we are talking about no kids involved, but ending marriages when there are kids involved, you'd better have a damned good reason.
Most people do not go to court. Theyfind it intimidating, My son works on the domestic violwnce unit for the police. He tells me that many women are scared to even make a statement let alone go to court.
No fault divorce is the way to go.

This seems a gift to domestic abusers. I can only see it as a desire to take society back to a pre civilised age.
Message to failed husbands and wives. Once its over its over. You waste your time trying to turn the tide.
Clogging up the courts with pretending you are stopping crap that is gonna happen anyway sounds like a GOP plan alright. Just to be safe, they probably should also require that a woman's hymen be intact before they are allowed to marry to begin with.

A judge with an agenda can slice through a pre-nup like a hot knife through butter. One bitch got her pre-nup tossed because she said she signed it under duress. What duress you might ask..? That he wouldn't marry her unless she signed it...
Oh, it's not a perfect solution at all, but it is superior to somebody getting blindsided by the other one taking everything he/she can get their hands on and losing access to their kids at the same time. At least it gives both parties a starting point from which to argue.

I don’t want to remain married to this person for the rest of my life is a good enough reason

Marriage is a contract that is voluntarily entered into. Either party should have an option to end that contract.

Contractually, and before god the declaration is made "till death do you part". For the Godless this is meaningless. To that end why marry to begin with? As for it being none of the States business. Guess again. Its a contract between the two parties, AND the State. That's what happened when folks replaced God, with government.

Last edited:
Clogging up the courts with pretending you are stopping crap that is gonna happen anyway sounds like a GOP plan alright. Just to be safe, they probably should also require that a woman's hymen be intact before they are allowed to marry to begin with.
Well, if that's important to you...

Ok, then in those cases, get rid of alimony laws. If someone is married and the other person, for whatever reason, decides they just don’t want it anymore..then no alimony…

Cotractually, and before god the declaration is made "till death do you part". For the Godless this is meaningless. To that end why marry to begin with? As for it being none of the States business. Guess again. Its a contract between the two parties, AND the State. That's what happened when folks replaced God, with government.
While God hates divorce, He tolerates it. Personally, knowing God hates something is good reason for me to avoid it.

Who is going to enforce the terms of the contract? Without contract law, it becomes meaningless.

Forum List

Back