Conservatives waking up to climate change

Mud-

The topic of this thread is how conservative governments are preparing for climate change.

The topic of this thread is not the endless theatre of faux-denial.

We can also prepare for an alien invasion.......but that would be a waste of time, energy and money as well.

We've always done well with evidence based decision making. Ever since republicans abandoned that, their fortunes have sunk like rocks. And America's too when they've been in charge.

Mud-

The topic of this thread is how conservative governments are preparing for climate change.

We can also prepare for an alien invasion.......but that would be a waste of time, energy and money as well.

We've always done well with evidence based decision making. Ever since republicans abandoned that, their fortunes have sunk like rocks. And America's too when they've been in charge.

Liberals are impervious to reality.

You're preaching to the choir on that one.. It's shameful..

I have seen many of them posted here, and all of them have been an embarassment..

An engineer I have worked with for prbably 10 years off and on, told me once, that if they could prove the effect works as claimed by AGW theory proponnents in an experiment, they would spare no expense to do so.. Hell every big name physicist would be paid and signed up, and just like the A bomb, they would get er done...

Yet no big funding for such a task exists, no university studies, no think-tanks on it, nothing... All that is funded or done is to assume the theory is sound and base everything on that assumption.. Want to get funding to show climate change can cause acne? Sure here's a check.. Want funding to prove the theory works? They say why bother? We know it's true already..

That's what originally turned me from a true beleiver in it, to a complete polar opposite... When you ask the most important question about the 5,000 lb elephant that isn't in the room, they say sure it is, just look at it...
The debate is over. Just accept what we tell you, and don't ask questions. Just do as you're told - hand over your wallet.

The debate on AGW is over and settled. The fact that there are those inadequately equipped to understand the science has no impact on the science at all. It's all up to those who know the applicable science.

You are correct, the debate is indeed over. The facts completely rule out man as a cause of the last little global temp uptick. The next decade of descending temperatures will reinforce that conclusion.

Mud-

Except you are buying a load of goods based on a political agenda. Scientists disagree on the results.

To make that judgement you'd have to know reality. Perhaps there is some reality that you know. There is much evidence that that would not be in the field of science.

To make that judgement you'd have to know reality. Perhaps there is some reality that you know. There is much evidence that that would not be in the field of science.

Mann's Nature Trick

Hide the decline

Redistribute wealth via climate policy

The debate is over. Just accept what we tell you, and don't ask questions. Just do as you're told - hand over your wallet.

The debate on AGW is over and settled. The fact that there are those inadequately equipped to understand the science has no impact on the science at all. It's all up to those who know the applicable science.

You are correct, the debate is indeed over. The facts completely rule out man as a cause of the last little global temp uptick. The next decade of descending temperatures will reinforce that conclusion.

Which process in the creation of AGW do you have evidence, data, or theory that denies?

S.J -

You capitulated at the moment you decided to rely on shockjocks and politicans for your scientific information, rather than relying on scientists.

Don't think for a moment that your clinging to supersition does not cost you and your country an astronomical amount of money in lost jobs, lost export earnings and the eventual cost of having to pay for infrastructure other countries have already dealt with.

I rely on common sense and independent thinking, something you're not familiar with.

The nice thing about knowing science is that it allows independent thinking based on facts. Common sense is what people who don't have knowledge claim in order to excuse their lack of investment in education.

LOL,you don'tknow science socko.. You know BS... You're just not very good at it...

Except you are buying a load of goods based on a political agenda. Scientists disagree on the results.

Scientists understand the science and support it.

Politicians don't understand the science and wish that it was not true. That's your side. What politicians do understand is how to recruit people who are ill equipped to defend themselves to support what they don't understand. You are merely proof of that.

Ah, the ol' "You're just not smart enough to understand" argument. Reminds me of the evolution debate when you ask them a question they can't answer.

People, in the absence of knowledge, can only guess at answers.
Your knowledge consists of repeating left wing conspiracy theories and buying into hoaxes. The thing about people on message boards who claim to be experts on things is that no one can verify it. Therefore, your claims of scientific knowledge and understanding don't really mean shit. And your parroting of the liberal "Big Oil", "Koch Bros" evil capitalist crap reveals the true level of your intelligence.

And if you had any science education you would know when you're being played for profit.
Profits, you mean as in Al Gore?

Look at that giant hunk of Detroit iron that you use for an avatar. Do you realize the profit that big oil has made, and taxpayers have paid, once they convinced you that that's what makes you a man?
Not nearly as much profit as they've made from Al Gore's private jet and Michelle Obama's fuel bill from all her vacations.

Ah, the ol' "You're just not smart enough to understand" argument. Reminds me of the evolution debate when you ask them a question they can't answer.

Your knowledge consists of repeating left wing conspiracy theories and buying into hoaxes. The thing about people on message boards who claim to be experts on things is that no one can verify it. Therefore, your claims of scientific knowledge and understanding don't really mean shit. And your parroting of the liberal "Big Oil", "Koch Bros" evil capitalist crap reveals the true level of your intelligence.

I see that you've summarized all the facts about AGW that Rush taught you. Keep it up and you'll be promoted to double ditto head.

I see that you've summarized all the facts about AGW that Rush taught you. Keep it up and you'll be promoted to double ditto head.
That's it? I was expecting more from an intellectual. :lol:

Profits, you mean as in Al Gore?

Look at that giant hunk of Detroit iron that you use for an avatar. Do you realize the profit that big oil has made, and taxpayers have paid, once they convinced you that that's what makes you a man?
Not nearly as much profit as they've made from Al Gore's private jet and Michelle Obama's fuel bill from all her vacations.

I think that the Obamas are trying hard not to embarrass the Bushes who hold the record for fewest days worked. Apparently George preferred ranching to Presidenting. He was better at it too.

As I understand it, every time he left DC there was a measurable decline in governmental screw ups so his staff encouraged the ranching and discouraged the Presidenting.

If I remember (i have the troll on ignore after several attempts to cross his bridge) -- this guy has quotes from a former clown --- now Senator Al Franken in his footer.. His choice of intellectual icons is a lot worse than being entertained by Limbaugh..

What was that character Franken used to do?

"I'm smart enough and I'm good enough and doggone it --- people like me" I think that inspires PMZ to be so prolific. "Good enough" is good enough for the people of Minnesota right? Just as an aside, old Al used to be a member of one of the 1st message boards I joined. Not to hard to debate a future Senator.. I'll tell ya that...

Last edited:

I think that the Obamas are trying hard not to embarrass the Bushes who hold the record for fewest days worked. Apparently George preferred ranching to Presidenting. He was better at it too.

As I understand it, every time he left DC there was a measurable decline in governmental screw ups so his staff encouraged the ranching and discouraged the Presidenting.
Your arguments are getting progressively weaker with each post, and further from the subject. Keep talking, I'm enjoying watching you self-destruct.

If I remember (i have the troll on ignore after several attempts to cross his bridge) -- this guy has quotes from a former clown --- now Senator Al Franken in his footer.. His choice of intellectual icons is a lot worse than being entertained by Limbaugh..

"I'm smart enough and I'm good enough and doggone it --- people like me" I think that inspires PMZ to be so prolific. "Good enough" is good enough for the people of Minnesota right? Just as an aside, old Al used to be a member of one of the 1st message boards I joined. Not to hard to debate a future Senator.. I'll tell ya that...

You apparently have declined substantially since then.

Your arguments are getting progressively weaker with each post, and further from the subject. Keep talking, I'm enjoying watching you self-destruct.

We'll, it turns out that very little is required to counter your arguments. Honestly? Nothing. You simply have nothing to counter. Your point is that you are entitled to be right because Rush told you so. Hmmmm. Entitled. That word never did much for me. I like earned so much better. But, that's old school. It's so much easier to follow the cult leaders who tell you that what you want to be true, is. Education is tough and takes time. Entitlement takes only one word from Rush. Clearly the easiest path to irrelevant.

You apparently have declined substantially since then.

Yeah imagine how AWESOME i used to be... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll, it turns out that very little is required to counter your arguments. Honestly? Nothing. You simply have nothing to counter. Your point is that you are entitled to be right because Rush told you so. Hmmmm. Entitled. That word never did much for me. I like earned so much better. But, that's old school. It's so much easier to follow the cult leaders who tell you that what you want to be true, is. Education is tough and takes time. Entitlement takes only one word from Rush. Clearly the easiest path to irrelevant.
You seem preoccupied with Rush. Is that the only argument you have?

Forum List

Back