Conservatives: What is it you expect Biden to do about baby formula?

What, you whiny dumbfuck? It's all factual.

The FDA is the one rejecting a lot of foreign formula for labeling issues and content. So they did check. But they aren't constantly repeating this process 10 times a day. The FDA reviews what is brought before them. And that takes time. So this is what they are doing with some foreign-made formula right now.

yes, believe it or not, the people who dedicate their lives to this thought of anything you could ever possibly pull out of your ass, and probably did so before breakfast.
Not sure what "it" is factual. It is factual that there is a baby formula shortage in the US, and there didn't have to be one if the Xiden admin idiots actually did something about the shortage before it became a crisis.

This is your quote that I take issue with. The EU is roughly the size of the US, and they can make very safe baby formula. Your post implies that the EU formula is subpar.
"So an EO lifting those restrictions could be possible. But that is fraught, as we would risk putting subpar formula into babies."

"As the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is quick to point out, they do not “approve” infant formula, but they do require manufacturers to meet certain requirements to be considered “FDA-registered.” The nutrition and quality control requirements for formulas are implemented by statute, the Infant Formula Act of 1980, and it’s the FDA’s job to enforce those federal law requirements, including the verification of imported European formulas that don’t meet their often-debated standards."

So the standards to import baby formula already exist. Why didn't Xiden import good formula sooner???????
Because the Xiden admin is incompetent, that's why there is a baby formula shortage.

Everyone knows that the Dems would be blaming Trump if he was the president.
Biden knew about this problem two months ago, and he hasn't done anything.
It's up to Biden to come up with the fix.

Xiden can solve the baby formula crisis with the stroke of a fucking pen. All he needs to do is allow more imported baby formula until US production is back up and running. The stupid senile moron and democrat handlers just doesn't care about keeping babies alive and healthy.

There's an 18% tariff.

Serious question. This appears to be the latest outrage seized on by the right. Fair issue to get upset about as it affects a lot of people, but what is it you really expect the federal government to do about it? Just about every industry has experienced supply chain shortages. It took me four months to get my new car I ordered last summer. I'm a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and it took longer than normal to get the current homes built in the area because of lumber and other shortages. We have new laptops and other IT products we need for people at work on back order with no ETA. Baby formula is just another facet of this, but for some reason the right is focusing on this specific product, so what solution are you expecting and why are you demanding the Feds get involved?

the admin has been behind on virtually everything awful that has been happening . we have supply chain issues and his sec of Transportation is nowhere to be seen .... he's doing nothing to incentivise energy producers to invest in more production out of fear of an increase in regs he may implement ... the debacle in Afghanistan has led foes like China and Russia to become more bold and dangerous sensing weakness .... and it goes on and on and on ! he's not leading he's reacting and shifting blame ...

Serious question. This appears to be the latest outrage seized on by the right. Fair issue to get upset about as it affects a lot of people, but what is it you really expect the federal government to do about it? Just about every industry has experienced supply chain shortages. It took me four months to get my new car I ordered last summer. I'm a volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and it took longer than normal to get the current homes built in the area because of lumber and other shortages. We have new laptops and other IT products we need for people at work on back order with no ETA. Baby formula is just another facet of this, but for some reason the right is focusing on this specific product, so what solution are you expecting and why are you demanding the Feds get involved?
1. Tell his FDA to get their boot off the neck of the Abbott baby food factory and let it open back up.

2. Stop stockpiling baby formula for illegals at the expense of Americans.

3. Allow more imports held up for labeling issues.

The same thing everybody expected Trump to do about the pandemic. Sucks when you get tied to an issue unjustly eh? But it is very politically damaging even though it probably shouldn't be....doesn't matter. That's the lousy state of our political discourse in this nation. Yes it's going to cost him big time.

JO
Trumps operation warp speed cut red tape and regs to get a vaccine out in less than a year ! he also used the defense production act to quickly mass produce ventilators by the 10s of thousands wich were used to save lives not only in the US but around the world ! there is absolutely no comparison on how the last admins lightening fast answers to the problems that came at us ! Bidens admin is slow and reactionary . they give the impression that no one is captaining the ship ..

probably check with his Chinese communist buddies.

1. Tell his FDA to get their boot off the neck of the Abbott baby food factory and let it open back up.

What boot? I don’t know about you but If I were a parent with a baby I would damn well want to be sure it was safe.

THE ABBOTT NUTRITION facility in Sturgis, Michigan, which produces much of the U.S. supply of baby formula, shut down in February, bringing production lines to a grinding halt. Following a voluntary recall and investigation by the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the stoppage stemmed from a bacterial outbreak whose effects would be felt months later. Starting last September, five babies who had consumed the plant’s formula contracted bacterial infections. Two of them died.

….Questions are now swirling about alleged problems at the Abbott-owned factory, which produces popular brands such as Similac, Alimentum, and EleCare. A recently disclosed whistleblower document claims that managers at the Sturgis plant falsified reports, released untested infant formula, and concealed crucial safety information from federal inspectors.

2. Stop stockpiling baby formula for illegals at the expense of Americans.
There is no stockpiling. Stop lying.

3. Allow more imports held up for labeling issues.

???

Not sure what "it" is factual. It is factual that there is a baby formula shortage in the US, and there didn't have to be one if the Xiden admin idiots actually did something about the shortage before it became a crisis.

This is your quote that I take issue with. The EU is roughly the size of the US, and they can make very safe baby formula. Your post implies that the EU formula is subpar.
"So an EO lifting those restrictions could be possible. But that is fraught, as we would risk putting subpar formula into babies."

"As the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is quick to point out, they do not “approve” infant formula, but they do require manufacturers to meet certain requirements to be considered “FDA-registered.” The nutrition and quality control requirements for formulas are implemented by statute, the Infant Formula Act of 1980, and it’s the FDA’s job to enforce those federal law requirements, including the verification of imported European formulas that don’t meet their often-debated standards."

So the standards to import baby formula already exist. Why didn't Xiden import good formula sooner???????
Because the Xiden admin is incompetent, that's why there is a baby formula shortage.
Biden has prohibited the importation of formula from the EU. The entire shortage was engineered by the democrats. The formula being sent to the border and sent to Ukraine was removed from domestic commerce awhile ago. They knew the shortage was coming. Democrats planned this all along.

What boot? I don’t know about you but If I were a parent with a baby I would damn well want to be sure it was safe.

THE ABBOTT NUTRITION facility in Sturgis, Michigan, which produces much of the U.S. supply of baby formula, shut down in February, bringing production lines to a grinding halt. Following a voluntary recall and investigation by the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the stoppage stemmed from a bacterial outbreak whose effects would be felt months later. Starting last September, five babies who had consumed the plant’s formula contracted bacterial infections. Two of them died.

….Questions are now swirling about alleged problems at the Abbott-owned factory, which produces popular brands such as Similac, Alimentum, and EleCare. A recently disclosed whistleblower document claims that managers at the Sturgis plant falsified reports, released untested infant formula, and concealed crucial safety information from federal inspectors.

???
This was February. The factory has been cleaned BY NOW.

???
Investigations found ZERO links to the Abbott facility, and yet it is still shut down by the Biden regime.

Forum List

Back