Conservatives who warn of tyranny and a police state want armed guards everywhere?

This notion that we'll be safer if even more people are packing heat is ridiculous. The entire point of consenting to government is to maintain an environment where we aren't fearing for our lives at every turn, and don't need to arm ourselves as a matter of course.

This notion that we'll be safer if even more people are packing heat is ridiculous. The entire point of consenting to government is to maintain an environment where we aren't fearing for our lives at every turn, and don't need to arm ourselves as a matter of course.

Be careful, Black. using logic on this site can cause heads to explode. For some people, it simply does not compute.

You're attempting to attribute rational thought to people who may very well be wholly irrational by the time they commit these acts. Furthermore, many of the men who commit these acts aren't planning a getaway. They fully expect (and even plan) to die in the process. Whether someone is there with a gun or not is not going to keep them from showing up. They would likely just target that person first.

Bullshit. The record shows that mass killers target "gun free zones," or as I like to call them "target rich environments." They know that if someone with a gun is present, their chances of achieving their aims goes way down.

The claim that these shooters aren't rational doesn't pass the laugh test. The way they plan and execute their scheme demonstrates a high degree of rationality.

When it comes to conservative partisans, their hypocrisy angers me. It's constant. So, it's not as if you have to try to find it like you're on a scavenger hunt.

But the blatant contradictions of conflicting fears is actually kind of comical.

Everyone, I'm sure has heard the NRA's proposed solution to school shootings of placing armed guards in all schools. Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that kind of a solutions lends itself to armed guards being stationed in increasing numbers of public places in order to assure that they're safe (if you believe the NRA contention that more guns make people safer).

Well, I knew it was just a matter of time until some public figure publicly embraced armed guards being placed everywhere. I heard it today in my car on a short drive when Mike Gallagher advocated it.

Now, for ALL those conservatives who worry about a police state, and tyranny, and an erosion of freedoms, how is it that this kind of solution that advocates placing armed guards (probably licensed by the state, and maybe even working for the state) in increasing numbers of public places (along with the idea that surveillance cameras should be placed in more public places) doesn't bother you MORE than a few sensible gun restrictions?

You want to talk about a loss of freedom and the potential for gov't having TOO MUCH power over the people, placing armed guards in more public places should worry you more than increased background checks and limiting the availability of high capacity magazines and/or assault-style semiautomatic rifles.

The only question at this point is how long it will be before someone on the right postulates that this was the "liberal plan" to take away the rights of citizens all along.
They don't know what they believe. Last I heard they had the "hate tsa" meme going. Now they embrace armed janitors. :eusa_eh:

It's a bogus idea, and I never consented to government. Anyone who expects the police to save them is a damn fool.

We don't need more people packing heat. We just need the right people packing heat.

Its hilarious.

They claim that the only way to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun. They say that a bad man with a BIG gun can only be stopped by a good man with a BIG or bigger gun.

BUT....they bitch about tyranny and a police state when the police try to match firepower with the bad guys running around our country with AK47's.

It would be comical if not so sad.

They don't mind jackbooted thugs with guns...they just want them to be THEIR jackbooted thugs with guns.

When I was 5 or 6, I wanted to be Roy Rogers or Hopalong Cassidy, so my parents would give me 6 shooter cap pistols in fancy holsters for Christmas. I grew up. Then came the era of Rambo movies, and kids all wanted to be commandos with automatic rifles. The industry responded by producing the AR-15, which is now selling for about $2,500, if you can get on the waiting list and put down a deposit. Now, this weapon has no practical use whatsoever, when it comes to hunting, and any bolt action 30-06 will out shoot it on the range, but a bolt action 30-06 does NOT make the owner look and feel like a genuine bad-ass army commando. I see these guys on the range, and they almost invariably wear their camouflage clothes to complete the image. I'll tell you the truth, Mustang. I think that half of these guys are just kids that never outgrew their toys. The other half are cranks who actually expect to duke it out with the government in their bunker, or, at the very least, become a hero by taking out a deranged 17 year old kid shooting in a shopping mall. I suspect that they are disappointed every time they are packing heat, and don't get a chance to take down a bad guy.

Thanks for posting all the usual humbug about gun owners, whom you obviously hate. It's convenient to keep all the bullshit in one location.

You're attempting to attribute rational thought to people who may very well be wholly irrational by the time they commit these acts. Furthermore, many of the men who commit these acts aren't planning a getaway. They fully expect (and even plan) to die in the process. Whether someone is there with a gun or not is not going to keep them from showing up. They would likely just target that person first.

Bullshit. The record shows that mass killers target "gun free zones," or as I like to call them "target rich environments." They know that if someone with a gun is present, their chances of achieving their aims goes way down.

The claim that these shooters aren't rational doesn't pass the laugh test. The way they plan and execute their scheme demonstrates a high degree of rationality.

Then by all means, every church service on Sunday should have at least 2 armed guards walking the parameters.

but...but.......if we can save just ONE child........

When I was 5 or 6, I wanted to be Roy Rogers or Hopalong Cassidy, so my parents would give me 6 shooter cap pistols in fancy holsters for Christmas. I grew up. Then came the era of Rambo movies, and kids all wanted to be commandos with automatic rifles. The industry responded by producing the AR-15, which is now selling for about $2,500, if you can get on the waiting list and put down a deposit. Now, this weapon has no practical use whatsoever, when it comes to hunting, and any bolt action 30-06 will out shoot it on the range, but a bolt action 30-06 does NOT make the owner look and feel like a genuine bad-ass army commando. I see these guys on the range, and they almost invariably wear their camouflage clothes to complete the image. I'll tell you the truth, Mustang. I think that half of these guys are just kids that never outgrew their toys. The other half are cranks who actually expect to duke it out with the government in their bunker, or, at the very least, become a hero by taking out a deranged 17 year old kid shooting in a shopping mall. I suspect that they are disappointed every time they are packing heat, and don't get a chance to take down a bad guy.

Thanks for posting all the usual humbug about gun owners, whom you obviously hate. It's convenient to keep all the bullshit in one location.

Right! I hate myself, since I own a 38 revolver, an 8MM semi-automatic, a 22 semiautomatic, and a Russian Mosen-Nagant infantry rifle.

Your absolutely right. Almost all student attacks come from past and current students.

Last year there were 37 deaths due to gun shots in public and private k-12 and post secondary schools in 2012, 7 in 2011, and 8 in 2010 If you exclude suicides and accidents, you're much more likely to die from lightening strikes than a mad gunman. We might just save more lives by putting more lightening arrestors in our schools. Of all the ways we could spend millions to protect our children, putting security guards in all schools would be one of the least effective.

Your Chances of Being Killed in a Lightning Strike - Life Insurance Today | Life Insurance Today
List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All you proved is that all the current mania over gun control is absolutely pointless.

the purpose of government is to protect us from invasion and hostile forces.

It isn't to control the citizenry.

But progressives don't understand that.

Right! I hate myself, since I own a 38 revolver, an 8MM semi-automatic, a 22 semiautomatic, and a Russian Mosen-Nagant infantry rifle.

Apparently you do because you just lumped yourself in with a group of people you have labeled as infantile, insecure and delusional.

Then by all means, every church service on Sunday should have at least 2 armed guards walking the parameters.

I have no problem with that. However, having a few members with concealed weapons would be much cheaper and much more effective.

Apparently you do because you just lumped yourself in with a group of people you have labeled as infantile, insecure and delusional.

If you are afraid that the government is going to turn into a military dictatorship if they make it illegal for you to buy a 30 round clip for your Glock pistol, or if they require background checks on gun buyers, or ban armor piercing ammo, then, yes, you are infantile, insecure and delusional. Oh, and by the way, I am a trained uniformed Sheriff Auxiliary Volunteer who patrols the streets in a sheriff's assist vehicle, armed with nothing but a radio. Would you like to make any more totally incorrect assumptions about me?

It's a bogus idea, and I never consented to government. Anyone who expects the police to save them is a damn fool.

We don't need more people packing heat. We just need the right people packing heat.

LOL... and how do we work that out?

The Mosen-Nagant is one helluva rifle for being as old as it is...

Mine was manufactured in 1926, and if I had a scope on it, I could take the top off of a Tabasco bottle at 300 yards!

Mine was manufactured in 1926, and if I had a scope on it, I could take the top off of a Tabasco bottle at 300 yards!

Sniper rifle of choice for 40 years, recoil is a bitch, though. Put 50 rounds through one a while back, it took my shoulder 2 days for the ache to go away...

If you are afraid that the government is going to turn into a military dictatorship if they make it illegal for you to buy a 30 round clip for your Glock pistol, or if they require background checks on gun buyers, or ban armor piercing ammo, then, yes, you are infantile, insecure and delusional.

Nope. History shows such concerns are perfectly rational and adult.

Oh, and by the way, I am a trained uniformed Sheriff Auxiliary Volunteer who patrols the streets in a sheriff's assist vehicle, armed with nothing but a radio. Would you like to make any more totally incorrect assumptions about me?

I haven't made any assumptions. You made it clear you hate a certain kind of people who go to gun ranges and then indicated you are a member of the group you hate.

Forum List

Back