contrast the two marches

I understand that those of us that have more pay for it. You left out forced to do so because people like you that want the responsibility of doing for someone what they won't do for themselves think compassion comes from forcing others to do what you won't fund personally with your own money.

I do fund it personally with my own money. I've explained that several times.

I have human responsibility to other humans. They're called MY family. When I expect others to do the same for theirs, I'm not asking them to do anything I don't already do myself.

So, you provide EVERYTHING for your own family? Everything?

In a bleeding heart Liberal's mind personal responsibility is unacceptable. They want choice just not the responsibility that comes with that choice.

Actually, I just want the cost-savings that come with preventing the birth of unwanted/neglected children.

Prove it by funding it with your money?
All these bleeding heart leftists are being "charitable" and "supportive" on somebody else's money. It goes with the whole welfare system. Yeah, let's help the "poor" but somebody else will pay for it, coercing people to foot the bill for every fucking program they devised to get votes.

The pro-abortionists love to trot that one out all of the time. How any of those occur in the US in a year? My money says very, very few, Also, nobody said anything about this until you dredged it up.

You're right, the percentage of abortions involving rape/incest are a small percentage. Which means that all of this outrage about paying for abortions is mostly a smokescreen, because you don't pay for the overwhelming majority of them. Private donations and a sliding fee scale do.

Look at the liberal women's march motivated by fear, anger, and even hatred toward Donald trump and the right.

Then look at the march for life which was motivated solely to protect the life and rights of someone else.

Which do you think persuaded more people? Which do you think did more to heal and unite people?

The two marches couldn't have been more different.

Day and night.

Liberal freaks on one side......

Decency and sanity on the other side.

I understand that those of us that have more pay for it. You left out forced to do so because people like you that want the responsibility of doing for someone what they won't do for themselves think compassion comes from forcing others to do what you won't fund personally with your own money.

I do fund it personally with my own money. I've explained that several times.

I have human responsibility to other humans. They're called MY family. When I expect others to do the same for theirs, I'm not asking them to do anything I don't already do myself.

So, you provide EVERYTHING for your own family? Everything?

Funding it personally with your own money would mean you do it without the government taking it from you even if you support the government doing it. If it's such a great cause, why do you have to be told to do it?

Are you telling me you provide something to my family?

The pro-abortionists love to trot that one out all of the time. How any of those occur in the US in a year? My money says very, very few, Also, nobody said anything about this until you dredged it up.

You're right, the percentage of abortions involving rape/incest are a small percentage. Which means that all of this outrage about paying for abortions is mostly a smokescreen, because you don't pay for the overwhelming majority of them. Private donations and a sliding fee scale do.

Another one that thinks the amount makes a difference?

In a bleeding heart Liberal's mind personal responsibility is unacceptable. They want choice just not the responsibility that comes with that choice.

Actually, I just want the cost-savings that come with preventing the birth of unwanted/neglected children.

All these bleeding heart leftists are being "charitable" and "supportive" on somebody else's money. It goes with the whole welfare system. Yeah, let's help the "poor" but somebody else will pay for it, coercing people to foot the bill for every fucking program they devised to get votes.

It's the my compassion comes from supporting someone else being forced to do it mindset.

The good news for you is that the people in my county who pay for these things have consistently voted overwhelmingly in favor of paying for these things. So, in other words, I'm talking about something that in my community, PEOPLE WANT TO PAY FOR. No one is being forced to live in a county where the tax rates are 40% higher than in the surrounding counties.

People can and do vote with their feet, especially because it is an easy commute to cheaper houses with cheaper taxes outside of the county. In spite of this, there has been a large net influx of high earners into our county, because it is a good place to make money.

Win/win.

You always seem to portray this as something people are being forced to do, but you should be intellectually honest and acknowledge that most of the time, these things are being done in places where the majority of voters support them being done, and people who don't support this can easily live elsewhere.

Actually Admiral Rockwell Tory was the one who brought up this tangent, so you should probably address your concerns to him.

Though I suspect he isn't really an admiral.

It's the my compassion comes from supporting someone else being forced to do it mindset.

Already addressed, so this is just intellectual dishonesty. I live in an area where the overwhelming majority of voters support doing these things. I believe in democracy.

Don't you?

Actually Admiral Rockwell Tory was the one who brought up this tangent, so you should probably address your concerns to him.

Though I suspect he isn't really an admiral.

You're the one that thought the amount made a difference.

Already addressed, so this is just intellectual dishonesty. I live in an area where the overwhelming majority of voters support doing these things. I believe in democracy.

Don't you?

I believe those like you that claim to support something should pay for it with your money or be proven a liar about really supporting it.

I live in a State where the overwhelming majority of voters opposed same sex marriage. Do you believe that democracy should determine that?

For the record, I've never mentioned "charitable" or "supportive." I do it out of enlightened self-interest. It is simply not in my best interest for poor women to have children that they don't want, or can't take care of. I want to live in a safe place, and I want my kids to attend safe schools, and forcing women to have children they don't want and can't take care of is unlikely to end well.

See, I work with criminals for a living. I think we have enough criminals already. We really don't need more. Our jails and prisons are already full. So, if we could stop manufacturing criminals in this country, that would be awesome.

I believe those like you that claim to support something should pay for it with your money or be proven a liar about really supporting it.

And I have explained that I already do. The taxpayers/voters in my community have chosen to pay for these things collectively.

I live in a State where the overwhelming majority of voters opposed same sex marriage. Do you believe that democracy should determine that?

No. Because rights aren't imbued by democratic process.

I'm opposed to hateful people like you breeding, but unfortunately, our constitution says you have a right to.

Look at the liberal women's march motivated by fear, anger, and even hatred toward Donald trump and the right.
Then look at the march for life which was motivated solely to protect the life and rights of someone else.
Which do you think persuaded more people? Which do you think did more to heal and unite people?
Without doubt, the liberal march persuaded a LOT more people. In part because it got far more press coverage than the Right to Life march.

The liberal march persuaded a LOT of people that the liberals are whiners and crybabies, who throw major mass temper tantrums over things they cannot do anything about, without even a clear goal of what they want to accomplish. Cursing, swearing, putting on obscene chants, calling names, and telling ludicrous lies about Republicans continuously, but basically accomplishing nothing.

Keep up the good work, libbies!

Totally agree with that! :thup:

In other words, you consider compassion as seeing how much someone else has to pay for what you support. If you cared, you'd provide it with your money and not have to be told.

I haven't contributed anything to ensure it. It's not my responsibility and that outlook comes from women telling me that what they do with their bodies is their choice. Why do you think it's the responsibility of someone told to butt out of the choice to do anything related to that choice? If women want it, they can have it. If that choice produces a result they can't afford, do without as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, I live in a county where we have elected government officials to enact the will of the people, which is overwhelmingly in support of paying for poor people to have access to healthcare.

My county voted 90% democratic. People who don't share those values typically opt to live in a different county where the tax rates are cheaper.

So, it's not me imposing my will on other people, but it's me actively choosing to live in a county where the majority of citizens have prioritized taking care of the needs of poor people, often out of enlightened self-interest. There are easily 6 nearby counties with a 20-30 minute commute to our downtown in which people who have different values can choose to locate themselves where they won't be forced to pay for these things.

You seem to be under the misguided perception that 1) the poor choices of other people don't affect you and 2) you will never need anyone's help.

Neither of those things are likely to be true.
Actually we elected the officials who should uphold and protect the Constitution what they rarely do thus abusing our trust. Here is something what you may find valuable. An excerpt from Congressman Davy Crockett's speech in the House of Representatives:
"One day in the House of Representatives, a bill was taken up appropriating money for the benefit of a widow of a distinguished naval officer. [...] I will not go into an argument to prove that Congress has no power to appropriate this money as an act of charity. Every member upon this floor knows it. We have the right, as individuals, to give away as much of our own money as we please in charity; but as members of Congress we have no right so to appropriate a dollar of the public money."
Not Yours to Give |

You can read the whole article published in Harper's Magazine in1867. It is just a 3/4 page article.

For the record, I've never mentioned "charitable" or "supportive." I do it out of enlightened self-interest. It is simply not in my best interest for poor women to have children that they don't want, or can't take care of. I want to live in a safe place, and I want my kids to attend safe schools, and forcing women to have children they don't want and can't take care of is unlikely to end well.

See, I work with criminals for a living. I think we have enough criminals already. We really don't need more. Our jails and prisons are already full.

For the record, you don't have to. By claiming that you care, it goes with the territory. Compassion doesn't come with a mandate but a charitable act by the giver.

I've asked and you never answered. If contraceptives are provided in the manner you suggest but women still get pregnant and have kids they can't support, does that exempt the rest of us from being required to do so?

Forum List

Back