Cop shoots dead Licensed Conceal Carry holder (MN)

She also can be heard saying he was reaching for his license

You do not tell a cop you have a gun on you and then reach behind you for ANYTHING
Agreed. Are you suggesting an IQ test before owning a gun, much less having a CCW?

While I agree it isn't smart, shooting someone for reaching for something isn't sufficient reason to shoot them.

I've been stopped about half a dozen times over the past 10 years. I habitually do my best to put the police officer at ease. Not to avoid getting shot, but to get out of a ticket. Ignition off, keys on dash, window down, have ID and insurance in one hand, both hands on wheel and insight at all times, sunglasses off, be honest and say sir/m'am. It worked 5 out of 6 times. :)

So now I am trying to think of a single reason I should not flag all the morons with the ignore list.

This cleans up all the moronic posts in the thread immediately and avoids wasting any time reading their posts and threads in the future.

For the record CC it looks like murder to me. This shooting could actually bolster the black Lives matter movement if they use it appropriately.

OK here we go again

The video starts AFTER the shooting not before so we do not know what happened.
The woman says in the tape the guy was reaching for his license
He supposedly told the cop he was armed

So did the cop ask for his license before or after the driver said he was armed?

That is the only thing that matters at this point.

If the cop asked before the driver told him he was armed and then the driver reached around his back I would have to say the cop was justified.

If the cop asked for the driver's license after the driver told him he was armed I would say the cop is in the wrong

She also can be heard saying he was reaching for his license

You do not tell a cop you have a gun on you and then reach behind you for ANYTHING
Agreed. Are you suggesting an IQ test before owning a gun, much less having a CCW?

While I agree it isn't smart, shooting someone for reaching for something isn't sufficient reason to shoot them.

I've been stopped about half a dozen times over the past 10 years. I habitually do my best to put the police officer at ease. Not to avoid getting shot, but to get out of a ticket. Ignition off, keys on dash, window down, have ID and insurance in one hand, both hands on wheel and insight at all times, sunglasses off, be honest and say sir/m'am. It worked 5 out of 6 times. :)
It is if that person told the cop he had a gun

Liberty requires responsibility.....

That said, it's sad to see another conservative black man killed.....
How was the victim irresponsible?
Do you have a CCW?
How bout you answer my question& stop with the games.
How about you stop with the games and answer my question so I have the information I need to answer yours.....
Dismissed

Liberty requires responsibility.....

That said, it's sad to see another conservative black man killed.....
Do you have a CCW?
How about you stop with the games and answer my question so I have the information I need to answer yours.....
Dismissed
Indeed....

Do you have a CCW?
Dismissed
Indeed....
It was a simple question and you completely failed to clarify your position. Hard to believe you're a reasonable conservative at this point. Hence the dismissal.

Do you have a CCW?
Dismissed
Indeed....
It was a simple question and you completely failed to clarify your position. Hard to believe you're a reasonable conservative at this point. Hence the dismissal.
Indeed....

a routine traffic stop for a broken taillight

turns to police shooting licensed CC holder

in Minnesota very disturbing

WARNING VERY GRAPHIC

Where is the NRA to defend his second amendment rights?

Number 1: State laws saying that the video must be maintained for extensive time periods make them too expensive for some police departments.

Number 2: The subject officer was working a predominantly white area when the incident occurred. There aren't enough black police officers simply because of criminal histories and drug use.
1) Both a technological and legal issue. A better policy would be officers turn in their cams or memory cards at end of shift. If nothing happened that day, the watch commander authorizes erasing the card.

Besides, we're talking about a 32GB card which are $10.

Amazon.com: SanDisk 32GB Class 4 SDHC Memory Card, Frustration-Free Packaging- SDSDB-032G-AFFP (Label May Change): Electronics

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0155NUJQ6/?tag=ff0d01-20

Another sad result of Militarizing our Police Force. Cops are now itching for confrontations with Citizens. It's the exact opposite of 'Protecting & Serving.'

Forum List

Back