Corporation vs Government: Who Do You Trust?

Fitnah brings up an interesting point actually. If the government has the power to provide for the so called "rights" of americans (health care, social safety net, etc) as starkey, shintao, bfgrn, micky, and the rest of the vomit claim...doesn't the government then have the responsibility to provide everyone with a firearm since that is also a right as defined by the constitution?

The answer is of course, hell no. But, if you follow the left wing morons' logic to it's eventual conclusion that's what you get. I just destroyed your entire argument. Suck on it long and hard.

Who came flying to help first when the bag gas (privately owned) gasline blew up?

^FIXED

superman_pic.jpeg

Last edited:
Corporations are your government.
The assholes you think you vote for are the whores. The corporations are the pimps.

Bush-Carslile
Cheney-Halliburton
Condi Rice-Chevron
Summers-Goldman Sachs.
Timmy-ditto.
Biden-Rapid-American Corporation, McCrory Stores, Faberge/Elizabeth Arden, Samsonite luggage, Collagen, Schenley Industries Inc., and E-II Holdings Inc

Barry Osama bin Bama ???:confused: Kentucky Fried Chicken :confused::confused:

Corporations are your government.
The assholes you think you vote for are the whores. The corporations are the pimps.

Bush-Carslile
Cheney-Halliburton
Condi Rice-Chevron
Summers-Goldman Sachs.
Timmy-ditto.
Biden-Rapid-American Corporation, McCrory Stores, Faberge/Elizabeth Arden, Samsonite luggage, Collagen, Schenley Industries Inc., and E-II Holdings Inc

Barry Osama bin Bama ???:confused: Kentucky Fried Chicken :confused::confused:

You're an empty headed mullet. But occasionally entertaining.

And do you think if it wasn't for unions and the govt anti-trust laws, all the things you state would have happened? I mean John Rockefeller just rolled over when it came to Standard Oil, right? He said "sure, regulate me and break up my company," right?

Yes. Government regulations are basically a minimum standard by which companies must treat their employees. The vast majority of companies go well above and beyond that. Do you have a job that pays more than minimum wage? If so, that dicounts your notion about corporations right there. Your argument was that corporations would essentially enslave employees if allowed. So it would stand to reason that companies would be doing only the bare minimum by their employees according to you. So every business should be colluding with each other an agreeing that their only going to pay people what government says they have to and no more........except that isn't reality is it. Companies are VOLUNTARILY compensating employees above and beyond government minimums.

History is littered with companies - that before there was true oversight - didn't give a shit about "what was in the best interest of business and worker" and they made plenty of money....especially if they were a monopoly...

It is also littered with innumberable businesses that were successfull and treated employees well. No one is going to argue that there aren't any bad apples. But a few bad apples is not indicative of the system as a whole My advice would be to let those businesses fail.

Yes, in the past corporations turned employees into economic slaves whenever possible. Remove regulations and they will do so today. History contravenes your silly notion that "corporations are our friends" nonsense.

Yes, in the past corporations turned employees into economic slaves whenever possible. Remove regulations and they will do so today. History contravenes your silly notion that "corporations are our friends" nonsense.

Your simplistic notions prove you cannot think beyond Stage One.
Go think about something you can handle, like how they get the tail of the L through the loop of the O in the Coca Cola logo.

damn man, you really are in the same league as micky; completely ignorant to the simple fact that jobs come from companies and businesses.

damn man, you really are in the same league as micky; completely ignorant to the simple fact that jobs come from companies and businesses.

Jakey can't think beyond Stage One. So in his mind, corporations would be free to implement any policy they liked in the absence of Big Daddy Gov't preventing them. And workers would be powerless to do anything. Corporations are the Svengali of Jake's twisted one dimensional world.
The idea that consumers would stop buying inferior over priced products, and workers would seek better paying jobs with better conditions would constitute Stage Two thinking. But alas, this is beyond Jake's ken.

And do you think if it wasn't for unions and the govt anti-trust laws, all the things you state would have happened? I mean John Rockefeller just rolled over when it came to Standard Oil, right? He said "sure, regulate me and break up my company," right?

Yes. Government regulations are basically a minimum standard by which companies must treat their employees. The vast majority of companies go well above and beyond that. Do you have a job that pays more than minimum wage? If so, that dicounts your notion about corporations right there. Your argument was that corporations would essentially enslave employees if allowed. So it would stand to reason that companies would be doing only the bare minimum by their employees according to you. So every business should be colluding with each other an agreeing that their only going to pay people what government says they have to and no more........except that isn't reality is it. Companies are VOLUNTARILY compensating employees above and beyond government minimums.

History is littered with companies - that before there was true oversight - didn't give a shit about "what was in the best interest of business and worker" and they made plenty of money....especially if they were a monopoly...

It is also littered with innumberable businesses that were successfull and treated employees well. No one is going to argue that there aren't any bad apples. But a few bad apples is not indicative of the system as a whole My advice would be to let those businesses fail.

Rockefeller et al would have hired you for their propaganda machines. You tool. You are lying and you (and all of us) know it. With that attitude, any company or business you own is regulated, I dearly hope. The whole damn barrel is rotten. A few bad apples, my butt.

The people who should be controlling the corporations and government are the electorate, and they are generally morons voting for perversion of conservatism practiced by the faux Reaganites.

That is simply a lie. I would imagine a few were corrupt then just as a few are now. But the fact that most corporations compensate their employees above and beyond what is legally required refutes YOUR 'silly notion'.

IF YOU WORK FOR A COMPANY YOU DON'T LIKE YOU CAN QUIT!!!

What part of this don't you understand? It is not slavery if you can QUIT.

Slavery would be forcing you to pay into a system in which if you had the choice, would opt out of like social security. OH WAIT. ...fucking idiots...everywhere.

Rockefeller et al would have hired you for their propaganda machines. You tool. You are lying and you (and all of us) know it. With that attitude, any company or business you own is regulated, I dearly hope. The whole damn barrel is rotten. A few bad apples, my butt.

What am I lieing about? A business I own doesn't need to be regulated. I don't have any problem with fairly compensating people. Most businesses don't have a problem with that either. The proof is right in front of your face. If you are right and corporations will get away with as little compensation as legally possible every business in the country would only be paying min wage. Your theory is debunked.

Last edited:
In onw word, who do I trust between those two.....Neither.

To answer the question I would also say neither. Not completely anyway. The issue really is your options once you are betrayed by either of those groups.

With corporations I have options. I can not purchase their product or I can not work for them. Corporations know this and know it is not in their best interest to make enemies of their employees or their customers.

If government betrays my trust I still don't have a choice but to keep giving them money. I am still required by law to follow their rules.

Last edited:
The people who should be controlling the corporations and government are the electorate, and they are generally morons voting for perversion of conservatism practiced by the faux Reaganites.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_HPs34usU&feature=related]YouTube - Congressman John Dingell: "It takes a long time to ... control the people"[/ame]

You simply have no integrity, Bern80. Waitresses who get $2.13 per hour? Corporatons that (Dollar General) now require their employees, at minimum wage, to upsell products to a requirement for five weeks in a row or get fired? The employees are the local Dollar Generals are jumping jump and DG can't new hires ~ REAL SMART, NOT. Enron destroyed the financial security of tens of thousands. These are not isolated examples. Every one ofyou in your small or medium or large communities can reinforce my examples dozens of times over. Bern, you are a tool, and a very poor one. Your lies make the argument for further regulation.

You simply have no integrity, Bern80. Waitresses who get $2.13 per hour? Corporatons that (Dollar General) now require their employees, at minimum wage, to upsell products to a requirement for five weeks in a row or get fired? The employees are the local Dollar Generals are jumping jump and DG can't new hires ~ REAL SMART, NOT. Enron destroyed the financial security of tens of thousands. These are not isolated examples. Every one ofyou in your small or medium or large communities can reinforce my examples dozens of times over. Bern, you are a tool, and a very poor one. Your lies make the argument for further regulation.

1. FOR THE FUCKING 29847927497TH TIME, EMPLOYEES ARE FREE TO QUIT TO PURSUE HIGHER OPPORTUNITIES!!!!!!!! God damn fucking idiot.

2. Enron is OUT OF BUSINESS. THEY DON'T EXIST ANYMORE. THEY FUCKED UP AND GOT THE CONSEQUENCE.

3. you are the real tool...seriously man...you are so fucking brainwashed its really fucking depressing.

Forum List

Back