Could someone explain the point of issuing guidelines for re-opening the economy................

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
................when Trump has been encouraging states to ignore them almost from the start?

I believe it was around 24 hours after the release of the guidelines, which most states that are re-opening have not met Guidelines call for 14-day drop in cases to reopen. No state has met them.
when the Tweeter-in-Chief began to call for a certain number of states to "liberate" themselves.
Trump’s ‘LIBERATE MICHIGAN!’ tweets incite insurrection. That’s illegal.

Presumably, he meant liberate themselves from the guidelines his admin had issued.

He released a plan for re-opening the economy and immediately suggested nobody follow it. What's up with that?

My sense is it's an attempt to sow confusion about who is ultimately responsible for the increase in deaths the admin says is going to happen after re-opening occurs. Trump has thrown out the earlier estimate of 60-100K deaths and admitted it will be higher.

Trying to assign responsibility will be like a game of pin the tail on the donkey (pun intended). Or really pin the tail on anyone but Trump, who famously said he accepts no responsibility for anything to do with the outbreak of COVID.

Cuz Don just wants to run a re-election campaign without being mired down by a discussion about the deaths of 70K Americans. Or the thousands to follow. He'd much prefer to talk about Old Joe, or the useless wall Mexico was going to pay for that he is taking money from other projects to build. Or how mean the press is to him. Or the fictitious deep state.

Anything but COVID. Basically his has been an exercise of escaping accountability for the disastrous, somewhat preventable outbreak in the US from the beginning. We certainly understand why. The government's response has been an ongoing abomination of mistakes both of omission and commission. Don, he wants to claim total authority over things...........just not when things go badly. For him, the buck stops anywhere but in the Oval Office.

Last edited:
To keep you liberals from whining. We should have known that wasn't going to work.
I have yet to stop touching my face, wash my hands or wear a mask in public, unless committing a crime.While working I shake hands and scratch nuts. I have yet to meet many people who have covered themselves under Trump's guidance...

................when Trump has been encouraging states to ignore them almost from the start?

I believe it was around 24 hours after the release of the guidelines, which most states that are re-opening have not met Guidelines call for 14-day drop in cases to reopen. No state has met them.
when the Tweeter-in-Chief began to call for a certain number of states to "liberate" themselves.

Presumably, he meant liberate themselves from the guidelines his admin had issued.

He released a plan for re-opening the economy and immediately suggested nobody follow it. What's up with that?

My sense is it's an attempt to sow confusion about who is ultimately responsible for the increase in deaths the admin says is going to happen after re-opening occurs. Trump has thrown out the earlier estimate of 60-100K deaths and admitted it will be higher.

Trying to assign responsibility will be like a game of pin the tail on the donkey (pun intended). Or really pin the tail on anyone but Trump, who famously said he accepts no responsibility for anything to do with the outbreak of COVID.

Cuz Don just wants to run a re-election campaign without being mired down by a discussion about the deaths of 70K Americans. Or the thousands to follow. He'd much prefer to talk about Old Joe, or the useless wall Mexico was going to pay for that he is taking money from other projects to build. Or how mean the press is to him. Or the fictitious deep state.

Anything but COVID. Basically his has been an exercise of escaping accountability for the disastrous, somewhat preventable outbreak in the US from the beginning. We certainly understand why. The government's response has been an ongoing abomination of mistakes both of omission and commission. Don, he wants to claim total authority over things...........just not when things go badly. For him, the buck stops anywhere but in the Oval Office.

Because this lard ass likes to have his cake and eat it too.

1588729897535.png

I have yet to stop touching my face, wash my hands or wear a mask in public, unless committing a crime.While working I shake hands and scratch nuts. I have yet to meet many people who have covered themselves under Trump's guidance...
I can't wait to go to the next protest to reopen the economy while ignoring social distancing guidelines just to piss off liberal Democrats.

Are you retired?

I can't wait to go to the next protest to reopen the economy while ignoring social distancing guidelines just to piss off liberal Democrats.
You know who else you'll be pissing off? Health care workers risking their lives to treat irresponsible assholes like you.

You know who else you'll be pissing off? Health care workers risking their lives to treat irresponsible assholes like you.
Those Health Care workers are already being exposed and many are getting C19 fevers.

Which healthcare workers would those be? The ones getting furloughed because of empty hospitals, perhaps? Or the ones who are still working but making dance videos?

We are facing the worst crisis this country has faced in a 100 years and all you do is whine and bitch.

I go to let farts off in a crowd and laugh knowing they can't get away fast.

Correct – it’s about partisan politics and Trump’s fear he won’t be reelected.

Cuz Don just wants to run a re-election campaign without being mired down by a discussion about the deaths of 68K Americans. Or the 68K likely to follow. He'd much prefer to talk about Old Joe, or the useless wall Mexico was going to pay for that he is taking money from other projects to build. Or how mean the press is to him. Or the fictitious deep state.

Maine is very cautiously reopening--very strict protocols still in place. This is what the Bangor Daily News said about the Virus as of a week ago (4/29), when the Governor announced the reopening plan:
On Tuesday, there were 1,040 confirmed cases of the virus in Maine. Only 404 were active, the lowest figure since April 12. Hospitalizations have been declining. The 33 hospitalized patients on Tuesday were the lowest total since Maine began releasing daily figures on April 10. However, 51 people have died from the virus in Maine, with half of deaths associated with outbreaks in long-term care facilities, which remain a concern for the state.

This is what we want to see, Berg: Rising recovery rates and levelled off new cases. Yes, the deaths are going to spike --over a hundred of our active cases are in nursing homes/rehab centers.

1588730587953.png

I haven't seen the President's reopening plan in detail, but I believe ours is stricter.

It's kind of unfair, I think, to say no one is following guidelines, as if states were being incautious. I don't know about any other state, but ours is being VERY cautious.

Last edited:
I go to let farts off in a crowd and laugh knowing they can't get away fast.
You must be disappointed they can't smell 'em through their face masks.

TDS thread 1,501

Headed for 1,600

Which healthcare workers would those be? The ones getting furloughed because of empty hospitals, perhaps? Or the ones who are still working but making dance videos?
It must be exhausting trying to remain so stupid.

True Toll Of COVID-19 On U.S. Health Care Workers Unknown

The number of health care workers who have tested positive for the coronavirus is likely far higher than the reported tally of 9,200, and U.S. officials say they have no comprehensive way to count those who lose their lives trying to save others.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released the infection tally Tuesday and said 27 health worker deaths have been recorded, based on a small number of test-result reports.

Officials stressed that the count was drawn from just 16% of the nation’s COVID-19 cases, so the true numbers of health care infections and deaths are certainly far higher.
........................................................................................................................................
Models Project Sharp Rise in Deaths as States Reopen

An internal Trump administration report expects about 200,000 daily cases by June. The White House bars coronavirus task force officials from testifying to Congress without approval.

"The plan is to have no plan, to let daily deaths between one and three thousand become a normal thing, and then to create massive confusion about who is responsible— by telling the governors they’re in charge without doing what only the federal government can do, by fighting with the press when it shows up to be briefed, by fixing blame for the virus on China or some other foreign element, and by “flooding the zone with shit,” Steve Bannon’s phrase for overwhelming the system with disinformation, distraction, and denial, which boosts what economists call “search costs” for reliable intelligence."

Forum List

Back