Could someone explain the point of issuing guidelines for re-opening the economy................

................when Trump has been encouraging states to ignore them almost from the start?

I believe it was around 24 hours after the release of the guidelines, which most states that are re-opening have not met Guidelines call for 14-day drop in cases to reopen. No state has met them.
when the Tweeter-in-Chief began to call for a certain number of states to "liberate" themselves.
Trump’s ‘LIBERATE MICHIGAN!’ tweets incite insurrection. That’s illegal.

Presumably, he meant liberate themselves from the guidelines his admin had issued.

He released a plan for re-opening the economy and immediately suggested nobody follow it. What's up with that?

My sense is it's an attempt to sow confusion about who is ultimately responsible for the increase in deaths the admin says is going to happen after re-opening occurs. Trump has thrown out the earlier estimate of 60-100K deaths and admitted it will be higher.

Trying to assign responsibility will be like a game of pin the tail on the donkey (pun intended). Or really pin the tail on anyone but Trump, who famously said he accepts no responsibility for anything to do with the outbreak of COVID.

Cuz Don just wants to run a re-election campaign without being mired down by a discussion about the deaths of 70K Americans. Or the thousands to follow. He'd much prefer to talk about Old Joe, or the useless wall Mexico was going to pay for that he is taking money from other projects to build. Or how mean the press is to him. Or the fictitious deep state.

Anything but COVID. Basically his has been an exercise of escaping accountability for the disastrous, somewhat preventable outbreak in the US from the beginning. We certainly understand why. The government's response has been an ongoing abomination of mistakes both of omission and commission. Don, he wants to claim total authority over things...........just not when things go badly. For him, the buck stops anywhere but in the Oval Office.
Open it up, the data is saying those that remain inside are the ones who are getting sick.
Time to get the economy rebounding and people back to work. I know the communists think that sucks,
because the longer we are shut down the longer it will take to rebound.
The data is not showing that. you can make a case for isolation having negative health effects, but the virus itself can only be transmitted when people are not isolating themselves and families.
Incorrect. You can get it from your mail carrier,UPS, anything delivered to your door such as medical supplies,groceries,take out etc. try again.
In theory you can disinfect any packages. But the point it you're more likely to catch the virus when in public. Please don't try to support innane positions like the social distancing is more dangerous to health than not social distancing.
You are trying to claim staying home keeps you safe. It’s doesn’t. It was just reported that 66% of New Yorkers that contracted COVID did so while staying home.

Social distancing isn’t a cure.

................when Trump has been encouraging states to ignore them almost from the start?

I believe it was around 24 hours after the release of the guidelines, which most states that are re-opening have not met Guidelines call for 14-day drop in cases to reopen. No state has met them.
when the Tweeter-in-Chief began to call for a certain number of states to "liberate" themselves.
Trump’s ‘LIBERATE MICHIGAN!’ tweets incite insurrection. That’s illegal.

Presumably, he meant liberate themselves from the guidelines his admin had issued.

He released a plan for re-opening the economy and immediately suggested nobody follow it. What's up with that?

My sense is it's an attempt to sow confusion about who is ultimately responsible for the increase in deaths the admin says is going to happen after re-opening occurs. Trump has thrown out the earlier estimate of 60-100K deaths and admitted it will be higher.

Trying to assign responsibility will be like a game of pin the tail on the donkey (pun intended). Or really pin the tail on anyone but Trump, who famously said he accepts no responsibility for anything to do with the outbreak of COVID.

Cuz Don just wants to run a re-election campaign without being mired down by a discussion about the deaths of 70K Americans. Or the thousands to follow. He'd much prefer to talk about Old Joe, or the useless wall Mexico was going to pay for that he is taking money from other projects to build. Or how mean the press is to him. Or the fictitious deep state.

Anything but COVID. Basically his has been an exercise of escaping accountability for the disastrous, somewhat preventable outbreak in the US from the beginning. We certainly understand why. The government's response has been an ongoing abomination of mistakes both of omission and commission. Don, he wants to claim total authority over things...........just not when things go badly. For him, the buck stops anywhere but in the Oval Office.
Open it up, the data is saying those that remain inside are the ones who are getting sick.
Time to get the economy rebounding and people back to work. I know the communists think that sucks,
because the longer we are shut down the longer it will take to rebound.
The data is not showing that. you can make a case for isolation having negative health effects, but the virus itself can only be transmitted when people are not isolating themselves and families.
Incorrect. You can get it from your mail carrier,UPS, anything delivered to your door such as medical supplies,groceries,take out etc. try again.
In theory you can disinfect any packages. But the point it you're more likely to catch the virus when in public. Please don't try to support innane positions like the social distancing is more dangerous to health than not social distancing.

To be fair social distancing does not mean staying home. Those are two different things. I can social distance while outside as well. In some instance (such as going out for a run every day) social distancing is far more effective if you actually do leave your house. Staying healthy is also an important counter to illness of any kind. Now if I can only practice such :D

and even Trump's idiot son in law can't solve the cluster fuck Trump's created with FIVE FDA directors in three years, FOUR CDC directors in three years, Seema Verma at Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services and FIVE Secretaries of Health and Human Resources.
Holy shit.

Oppps

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo shared initial survey results of hospitalized coronavirus patients during a Wednesday press conference, which said 66% of respondents were at home before being admitted, showing that the virus has continued to spread during lockdown, even as New York prepares for an eventual reopening.

About 1,200 patients were surveyed from 113 hospitals over a three-day period, Cuomo said; his office did not respond to a request for comment by Forbes.

In addition to mostly coming from their homes, surveyed patients were more likely to be over 51 years old, and either nonessential workers, retired or unemployed.

96% of the surveyed patients had co-morbidities, which means nearly all had another chronic medical condition prior to catching coronavirus.

The survey also found that COVID-19 disproportionately affects African Americans and Hispanics living in the New York City area.

The New York survey appears to be unique in that it released results on where patients came from before being hospitalized.

Some of the survey’s results on ethnicity and age appeared to match a Centers for Disease Control study of hospitalized patients released April 8, 2020, which showed that older people and African Americans were more likely to have COVID-19.

Who cares where they were before they arrived at the hospital? If they were sick, where else would they be?
It doesn't seem to ask if they had been to the grocery store or taken public transportation or gone to pick up a pizza in the past ten days, though, and that is what counts. Unless I'm missing something.

Social distancing isn’t a cure.
Correct. It's a proven method of suppressing the spread of the virus. Anything else I can clear up for you?
Who said it wasn’t? You can practice social distancing just as easy in a salon as you can in a grocery store. Masks,gloves ,limited capacity.

this idea that you can’t is just democrats throwing their weight around for political reasons. It will come back and bite them in the ass though.

I have yet to stop touching my face, wash my hands or wear a mask in public, unless committing a crime.While working I shake hands and scratch nuts. I have yet to meet many people who have covered themselves under Trump's guidance...
I can't wait to go to the next protest to reopen the economy while ignoring social distancing guidelines just to piss off liberal Democrats.
Go for it.

Oppps

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo shared initial survey results of hospitalized coronavirus patients during a Wednesday press conference, which said 66% of respondents were at home before being admitted, showing that the virus has continued to spread during lockdown, even as New York prepares for an eventual reopening.

About 1,200 patients were surveyed from 113 hospitals over a three-day period, Cuomo said; his office did not respond to a request for comment by Forbes.

In addition to mostly coming from their homes, surveyed patients were more likely to be over 51 years old, and either nonessential workers, retired or unemployed.

96% of the surveyed patients had co-morbidities, which means nearly all had another chronic medical condition prior to catching coronavirus.

The survey also found that COVID-19 disproportionately affects African Americans and Hispanics living in the New York City area.

The New York survey appears to be unique in that it released results on where patients came from before being hospitalized.

Some of the survey’s results on ethnicity and age appeared to match a Centers for Disease Control study of hospitalized patients released April 8, 2020, which showed that older people and African Americans were more likely to have COVID-19.

Who cares where they were before they arrived at the hospital? If they were sick, where else would they be?
It doesn't seem to ask if they had been to the grocery store or taken public transportation or gone to pick up a pizza in the past ten days, though, and that is what counts. Unless I'm missing something.
People need to go back to work, OldLady. They can do it if they do it with common sense.
Staying at home was no help.

Quite right. What Cuomo was actually saying is that 66% of those hospitalized were not essential workers and were supposed, under stay-at-home orders, to stay at home as much as possible. That's quite obviously not the same as the asinine insinuation that staying at home makes you fall sick from Covid-19.

But, if the pre-determined conclusion is, the economy has to be opened up, that ... say, interpretation is quasi mandatory.

Forum List

Back