🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

COVID-19 Math Problem - please solve

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks
No. We all do not agree it is a war just because we are making an effort to fight the disease, so your false premise shot to hell, right off the bat. I understand war. I'm trained to shoot back. You can't shoot back at this. Hell, we can't even mount an offense. Some people want to fight by full free access to the total freedom. Reminds me of using insect powder designed to be found by the insects and carried back to their nest. The insects are just too stupid not to get in line to pick up the poison thinking all food is good and must bring it in to feed the family. This isn't war. Don't be one of the ants.

Actually, more people may die prematurely because of postponed medical care due to the panic over Covid-19. Also, lots of hospitals/medical facilities are going broke from not being able to see their regular patients.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?

Where is the logic?

Thanks

The answer to your simplistic cherrypicking is right where it's always been. The charts.

The US infection rate, right now, is 3253 cases per 1M population (which is not "less than 2" so you're fabricating already).
Less than a month ago (April 5) it was less that one-third of that.
Less that two weeks before that it was just over a hundred.

Here's what that looks like on a graph (now a coupla weeks old)

US Active 0419.jpg

Notice that HILL???

Guess what --- THAT AIN'T NEW.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocated correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Where is the logic?

Thanks
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, ZOG.
It's bad out there. Real BAD.
You've obviously been programmed by Rush so are not responsible for your bad opinions.
DON'T QUESTION AUTHORITY. Go along.
Except it unless it comes from Trump.
Then you are a puppet of Fox News.
63,000 dead. Has anyone seen the bodies? Where are all these people?
The hospitals are OVERWHELMED.
1200 dead per state over a 2 month period has overwhelmed all the hospitals?
How many dead people do you know? Heard of from anyone you know?
Any people crying in your street?
Funeral processions?
Check the funeral homes lately? Standing room only?
Then why doesn't the CDC death count in PA tally with the coroner's office WHOM THE DEATHS MUST GO THROUGH?
Why are hospital workers right at the front line getting first hand reports being told much lower numbers than reported on TV?
Why are the hospitals empty?
How has Japan with NO lockdown only had 19 deaths in all of Tokyo?
Stay tuned for this and more answers on: AS THE STOMACH CHURNS.

More conspiracy theory BS ^ :icon_rolleyes:

covid bodies being loaded into refrigeration trucks
covid bodies being temporarily buried in mass graves in US

Where is the logic?

Thanks
No. We all do not agree it is a war just because we are making an effort to fight the disease, so your false premise shot to hell, right off the bat. I understand war. I'm trained to shoot back. You can't shoot back at this. Hell, we can't even mount an offense. Some people want to fight by full free access to the total freedom. Reminds me of using insect powder designed to be found by the insects and carried back to their nest. The insects are just too stupid not to get in line to pick up the poison thinking all food is good and must bring it in to feed the family. This isn't war. Don't be one of the ants.

I put out one of those liquid ant traps when I saw a few in my kitchen recently. Had the exact same thought as I watched them line up and march to their death.

Where is the logic?

Thanks
It is a math problem? So you're OK 900+ suffering to save less than 2 people? Illogical.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Where is the logic?

Thanks

The answer to your simplistic cherrypicking is right where it's always been. The charts.

The US infection rate, right now, is 3253 cases per 1M population (which is not "less than 2" so you're fabricating already).
Less than a month ago (April 5) it was less that one-third of that.
Less that two weeks before that it was just over a hundred.

Here's what that looks like on a graph (now a coupla weeks old)

Notice that HILL???

Guess what --- THAT AIN'T NEW.
Who cares about cases. Millions get colds every year. DEATHS to POPULATION matters and you cannot dispute my math so you're trying to take the discussion sideways. Weak.

This "JUST LET THE OLD PEOPLE DIE!" attitude is why we now see eroding support for Republicans from the elderly, which will be the last nail in Trump's coffin. So thanks for that, Trump cultists.

The fundamental problem with the math here is that's the death rate WITH THE RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE. Without restrictions, it would be way, way higher. It's not a complicated point, but it's apparently too difficult for the Trump cultists on this thread to grasp.

Where is the logic?

Thanks
It is a math problem? So you're OK 900+ suffering to save less than 2 people? Illogical.

You assume that all 900 of those people are "suffering". Many are, I'm not. And that would be true of many others who are simply working from home and dealing with the inconvenience and frustration of not being able to get a haircut, go out to eat or watch baseball.

Inconveniences and frustration are inconvenient and frustrating, but hardly suffering.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

You assume that all 900 of those people are "suffering". Many are, I'm not. And that would be true of many others who are simply working from home and dealing with the inconvenience and frustration of not being able to get a haircut, go out to eat or watch baseball.

Inconveniences and frustration are inconvenient and frustrating, but hardly suffering.
Who is not?

Suffering = temporary cause of great physical or mental strain and stress. I do not know one person not feeling this. Even my kids are missing their friends and school sports and seeing their grandparents. I cannot name one person not suffering. Can you?

Where is the logic?

Thanks
There is no logic but we succumbed to a suspension of reality way back when we allowed the multiple witch hunts to proceed all of which failed but set the stage for compliance.
Now we went full overreactive compliance on Covid and tightly corkscrewed ourselves into a situation no one knows how to get out of.
0.1% of all Americans are dying from this. 99.9% don’t yet we act as if it is the reverse.

Where is the logic?

Thanks
There is no logic but we succumbed to a suspension of reality way back when we allowed the multiple witch hunts to proceed all of which failed but set the stage for compliance.
Now we went full overreactive compliance on Covid and tightly corkscrewed ourselves into a situation no one knows how to get out of.
0.1% of all Americans are dying from this. 99.9% don’t yet we act as if it is the reverse.
Thank you

Where is the logic?

Thanks

Who is not?

Suffering = temporary cause of great physical or mental strain and stress. I do not know one person not feeling this. Even my kids are missing their friends and school sports and seeing their grandparents. I cannot name one person not suffering. Can you?

We're defining "suffering" differently. IMHO, that's too strong a word. Stress? Yes. Disappointment? Sure. Loneliness? - A little. Hardship and suffering? Not particularly for the majority I'll wager.

noun
  1. the state of undergoing pain, distress, or hardship.

Where is the logic?

Thanks
Thank you
Most fear is false expectations appearing real. Thinkers are not governed by that but emotive liberals embrace fear and worst case as reality.

More conspiracy theory BS
It's bad out there. Real BAD.
You've obviously been programmed by Rush so are not responsible for your bad opinions.
Then you are a puppet of Fox News.
63,000 dead. 1200 dead per state over a 2 month period has overwhelmed all the hospitals?
Then why doesn't the CDC death count in PA tally with the coroner's office WHOM THE DEATHS MUST GO THROUGH?
Why are hospital workers right at the front line getting first hand reports being told much lower numbers than reported on TV?
Why are the hospitals empty?
How has Japan with NO lockdown only had 19 deaths in all of Tokyo?

DoctorsGlove doesn't believe it's real bad out there, Rush lies, that Fox lies, the CDC, state representatives, nurses right in the hospitals, or video of empty ERs.
It's all just more conspiracy theory BS.

Where is the logic?

Thanks

Who is not?

We're defining "suffering" differently. IMHO, that's too strong a word. Stress? Yes. Disappointment? Sure. Loneliness? - A little. Hardship and suffering? Not particularly for the majority I'll wager.

noun
  1. the state of undergoing pain, distress, or hardship.
If someone feels stress because they cannot see their elderly parent, who am I to say that is not suffering?

Where is the logic? End the LOCKDOWN!

Thanks

How high would the death total be of we had no lockdown or protocols? A million, 2 milllion?

Thanks

How high would the death total be of we had no lockdown or protocols? A million, 2 milllion?
I just multiplied it by 2.5x and still less than 5 per 1000. I doubt it would have been 2.5x higher.

Thanks

Not the current 0.1% of total population.

Forum List

Back