CPS investigates "unsocialized" homeschoolers

i just think it would be nice if we made sure that people wanting to teach their kids at home were actually capable and weren't just reying to "protect" their kids from actual knowledge

there's a lot of ignorant people out there that will do enough damage to their kids just being their parents without them also being their sole educators

Who are you to say?
just some asshole.

and it'll never happen. but can you imagine the disservice done to a child if say they have racist parents that never expose them to other people, teach them some insane ideas about the constitution and history, and never teach them science or health because that's not how god would want it?

what chance would that kid have at ever being anything other than trash like his parents?

Again, who are you to say? Who are you to say who is "trash"? Probably millions of Americans who would consider the likes of you to be trash.
nope. I'm a functioning member of society with his shit together. some people may not agree with me or my views, but nobody is honestly calling me trash.

as has been said, extremists like to homeschool for a reason. i just wish we'd license people first to maybe give some of those kids a chance

althougj maybe we'd really be better off if we licensed who could have kids...
People from ALL walks of life like to homeschool. My mother home schooled me because I was trouble at school,I would get done with work and start making trouble etc. School just treated me as a problem kid instead of giving me something to do....home school is for EVERYONE that wants to do it. Its not for 1 certain race,religion,ideology etc. I know a few people that home school,kids get better education with ACTUAL LEARNING instead of hate whitey propaganda,less hours per day and they are FAR ahead of their peers.
making my argument for me...

No it's not wrong, simply because you say it's wrong means nothing. That is the most common gripe regarding Common Core

And you have spent a great deal of time in schools observing this for yourself?

I'm on a school board...

I have six children attending schools, of course I observe. That and you could always Google it,numerous articles on it

In other words, you have no idea what goes on in classrooms everyday.

i just think it would be nice if we made sure that people wanting to teach their kids at home were actually capable and weren't just reying to "protect" their kids from actual knowledge

there's a lot of ignorant people out there that will do enough damage to their kids just being their parents without them also being their sole educators

Who are you to say?
just some asshole.

and it'll never happen. but can you imagine the disservice done to a child if say they have racist parents that never expose them to other people, teach them some insane ideas about the constitution and history, and never teach them science or health because that's not how god would want it?
School just treated me as a problem kid instead of giving me something to do...
what chance would that kid have at ever being anything other than trash like his parents?

Again, who are you to say? Who are you to say who is "trash"? Probably millions of Americans who would consider the likes of you to be trash.
nope. I'm a functioning member of society with his shit together. some people may not agree with me or my views, but nobody is honestly calling me trash.

as has been said, extremists like to homeschool for a reason. i just wish we'd license people first to maybe give some of those kids a chance

People from ALL walks of life like to homeschool. My mother home schooled me because I was trouble at school,I would get done with work and start making trouble etc. School just treated me as a problem kid instead of giving me something to do....home school is for EVERYONE that wants to do it. Its not for 1 certain race,religion,ideology etc. I know a few people that home school,kids get better education with ACTUAL LEARNING instead of hate whitey propaganda,less hours per day and they are FAR ahead of their peers.
worked out very well we see, now you are a nazi, yes very normal

No it's not wrong, simply because you say it's wrong means nothing. That is the most common gripe regarding Common Core

I'm on a school board...

I have six children attending schools, of course I observe. That and you could always Google it,numerous articles on it

Of course I do, look it's obvious you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about and as usual you're just arguing to be arguing. I have no interest in your obvious elementary knowledge of the topic. Have a good one

..... i just wish we'd license people first to maybe give some of those kids a chance

That attitude is exactly why semi-literate trash like you does NOT get to say.
help me out here - are you fine with just anyone teaching their kids just anything?

I'm "ok" with children's parents being their parents, and not some pretentious trash like you.

..... i just wish we'd license people first to maybe give some of those kids a chance

help me out here - are you fine with just anyone teaching their kids just anything?

I'm "ok" with children's parents being their parents, and not some pretentious trash like you.
you're taking me way too seriously.

I'm on a school board...

Of course I do, look it's obvious you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about and as usual you're just arguing to be arguing. I have no interest in your obvious elementary knowledge of the topic. Have a good one

It's obvious you don't. I spend all day everyday in the classroom. You are spouting talking points, and nothing more.

My god....you are one dumb woman. Homeschooling always has been and always will be legal.
we really should require licenses.

we dont need generational stupidity.
Funny how our "licensed" teachers promote kids to the next grade whether they know the material or not oh and let's not forget that teachers these days love to grade on a curve so as to make their pupils look less stupid and them look better
if a kid isn't grasping a grade level's material the parents are already failing them. no need to double down on that failure by having the parent be the sole educator

Funny how home schooled kids outperform their public school counterparts on every measure though isn't it?

HSLDA | Academic Statistics on Homeschooling
it really isn't. it's a small sample size of kids with typically very involved parents.

kids with involved parents do generally do better.
It's a small sample because very few kids are home schooled
And in general parents who home school are very involved

Public education has nothing on home schooling

No it's not.

It's none of your fucking business how parents raise their kids if there is no abuse or neglect and there was neither in this case.

actually, it is. or there wouldn't be laws requiring kids to go to school at all.

My god....you are one dumb woman. Homeschooling always has been and always will be legal.

Funny how our "licensed" teachers promote kids to the next grade whether they know the material or not oh and let's not forget that teachers these days love to grade on a curve so as to make their pupils look less stupid and them look better

that happens at times and it shouldn't.

i'm not sure what that has to do with the fact that an education is valuable.

at times?

More than ever I'll wager

And I never said anything about the value of an education did I?

My point that you missed is that home schooled children for the most part are better educated than their public school counterparts and t the fucking government investigating so called "unsocialized" children is pure unadulterated BULLSHIT

Nope we shouldn't. Period. Your government controlling every aspect of our life will never happen. Keep dreaming though.

Who are you to say?
just some asshole.

Lots of kids in public school have racist parents and grow up to be racist pieces of shit so what's your point?

if a kid isn't grasping a grade level's material the parents are already failing them. no need to double down on that failure by having the parent be the sole educator

Funny how home schooled kids outperform their public school counterparts on every measure though isn't it?

Public schools teach to the test, all they are doing is turning out little test taking machines.

at least they're taught something other than creationism.

which is why extremists generally homeschool.

Yeah no one home schools except religious fundamentalists

Maybe you should tell that to my atheist friends who home school their 3 kids

Nope we shouldn't. Period. Your government controlling every aspect of our life will never happen. Keep dreaming though.

Who are you to say?
just some asshole.

Lots of kids in public school have racist parents and grow up to be racist pieces of shit so what's your point?

I figured I had the clown you were quoting on ignore for a reason and I was right but you can see right through their pathetic scheme. They want ALL kids to be brainwashed with the propaganda they are fed in public school and not taught actual facts at home. My kids attend public school unfortunately and my daughter and son know what a n!gger is and my daughter can't stand being around the Mexican kids at her school which is fine by me. Not a damn thing wrong with sticking with her own kind and ANY piece of anti white shit that says its wrong is shot down quickly. She makes me proud since the school she attends is majority Mexishit but my daughter attends the whitest classroom and is in the gifted program for bright kids. Fortunately we are moving to a MUCH whiter area next year.

Who are you to say?
just some asshole.

although maybe we'd really be better off if we licensed who could have kids...

FYI parents who home school have to submit the coursework to the local board of education and as I have shown you these kids do far better than public school kids

I find it funny that in this list of pros and cons the cons say nothing about the quality of the education of the kids being home schooled because there is no dispute that home schooled kids on average are better educated than public school kids
Benefits and Disadvantages of Homeschooling

Yes it's none of your fucking business what a parents teach their kids

It's called freedom try iy

it really isn't. it's a small sample size of kids with typically very involved parents.

kids with involved parents do generally do better.
It's a small sample because very few kids are home schooled
And in general parents who home school are very involved

Public education has nothing on home schooling
so you admit you can't do a straight comparison

Who are you to say?
just some asshole.

although maybe we'd really be better off if we licensed who could have kids...

FYI parents who home school have to submit the coursework to the local board of education and as I have shown you these kids do far better than public school kids

I find it funny that in this list of pros and cons the cons say nothing about the quality of the education of the kids being home schooled because there is no dispute that home schooled kids on average are better educated than public school kids
Benefits and Disadvantages of Homeschooling
Why do you think that is?

actually, it is. or there wouldn't be laws requiring kids to go to school at all.

that happens at times and it shouldn't.

i'm not sure what that has to do with the fact that an education is valuable.

at times?

More than ever I'll wager

And I never said anything about the value of an education did I?

My point that you missed is that home schooled children for the most part are better educated than their public school counterparts and t the fucking government investigating so called "unsocialized" children is pure unadulterated BULLSHIT

I didn't miss it. I pointed out that it's a false assertion.

Forum List

Back