Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying time and matter are eternal ?

What I'm saying is I have no idea. I don't know how everything started, what came before, any of that. That doesn't mean it was a god, it certainly doesn't mean it was your god.

Ok you said you don't know how everything started. To me that means there is a beginning. There is overwhelming evidence that something can't come from nothing.

Chaos could not have created this planet and the order of the sun,moon,and the earth.

Chaos could not have created the first cell or the substances that make up the cell. Chaos could not form the cell how could it form life ?

If you rule out a designer what do you base that ruling on ?

Don't you think it is kinda foolish on the parts of many to rule out the designer ?

All complex structures had a designer and builder so why would anyone rule out a designer for this universe and life ?

Where you get your confidence there is no God and creator baffles me.
wow! a whole post of false declarations !

Perfectly reasonable considering mans limitations that there is a being out there that has abilities beyond our comprehension.

Life didn't create itself, it is irrational to think it could. That the planets perfectly alligned themselves and one planet that has everything to sustain life.
another series of famous false declarations by YWC.

"Life didn't create itself"..YWC
"the planets perfectly alligned themselves and one planet that has everything to sustain life"- YWC

"Perfectly reasonable considering mans limitations that there is a being out there that has abilities beyond our comprehension."YWC

YOU HAVE NO OBJECTIVE CREDIBLE EVIDENCE TO PROVE THESE STATEMENTS ARE FACT.
AT BEST THEY ARE OPINION .

AT WORST THEY ARE confirmation bias : Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias, myside bias or verification bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. For example, in reading about gun control, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

A series of experiments in the 1960s suggested that people are biased toward confirming their existing beliefs. Later work re-interpreted these results as a tendency to test ideas in a one-sided way, focusing on one possibility and ignoring alternatives. In certain situations, this tendency can bias people's conclusions. Explanations for the observed biases include wishful thinking and the limited human capacity to process information. Another explanation is that people show confirmation bias because they are weighing up the costs of being wrong, rather than investigating in a neutral, scientific way.

Confirmation biases contribute to overconfidence in personal beliefs and can maintain or strengthen beliefs in the face of contrary evidence. Poor decisions due to these biases have been found in military, political, and organizational contexts.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IN OTHER WORDS, PEOPLE FIND WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT THERE .

Way to go Daws!!! Did you happen to notice I mentioned confirmation bias 5 posts above yours. Nice technique. See it in my post, go look it up and figure out what it means, and then turn it back on us. Doh!!!

lol! major assumption is wrong as always.
I have been using the cognative /conformation bias in conspiracy theory threads on the net looong before you quite recently began to use it on this thread.
:lol::lol:

what i'm saying is i have no idea. I don't know how everything started, what came before, any of that. That doesn't mean it was a god, it certainly doesn't mean it was your god.

ok you said you don't know how everything started. To me that means there is a beginning. There is overwhelming evidence that something can't come from nothing.

Chaos could not have created this planet and the order of the sun,moon,and the earth.

Chaos could not have created the first cell or the substances that make up the cell. Chaos could not form the cell how could it form life ?

Don't you think it is kinda foolish on the parts of many to rule out the designer ?

All complex structures had a designer and builder so why would anyone rule out a designer for this universe and life ?

Where you get your confidence there is no god and creator baffles me.

i haven't ruled out a designer. I also haven't assumed i know that there is one, or that if there is one, i know anything about it.

I haven't ruled out everything being a product of chance, either.

I don't know if everything started or if the universe has always been.

You are insistent that i must have some firm belief about how the universe came to be. I do not, nor am i ashamed of my ignorance. We, as a species, know very little about the universe. I don't know why people feel the need to seem so sure about things for which they have little or no evidence, be it a secular or religious view.

A perfect example is your oft-repeated claim that there is no other life in the universe.

You make very assured statements on the nature of the universe (all complex structures have a designer, life cannot arise from chaos, etc.) without any actual evidence.

The difference between us, at least in this conversation, seems to be that i am perfectly willing to admit and accept my ignorance, whereas you seem determined to claim knowledge of just about everything.
bump!

By the way huggy none of these intelligent people can prove or disprove God's existence so what is your point ?

You are so bitter about God you remind me of a Dawkins or Hawking student mainly because of their atheistic views.

It just pisses you off to think intelliget people believe in creation doesn't it ?

I have no less hatred for the Romans and Greeks and those before them that persecuted and murdered the thoughts and lives of the free thinkers of those ages.

So I'm going to ASSume your hatred includes the atheistic governments of the 20th century that murdered millions of people, including one notorious guy that thought he could help natural selection along by getting rid of everyone that wasn't blond haired and blue eyed?
CUE BUZZER! SORRY... BUT THE NAZIS WERE NOT ATHIEISTS!
"I'll take asshats for the win alex!"

Myth:
Atheism is more dangerous than religion because atheists like Adolf Hitler killed millions in the name of their atheistic ideologies like Nazism. That's far more than have been killed in the name of religion.

Response:
A popular image of the Nazis is that they were fundamentally anti-Christian while devout Christians were anti-Nazi. The truth is that German Christians supported the Nazis because they believed that Adolf Hitler was a gift to the German people from God.

Hitler Was an Atheist Who Killed Millions in the Name of Atheism, Secularism? Was the Nazi Party Based on an Atheist, Anti-Christian Ideology?

Was Adolf Hitler an Atheist?
Adolf Hitler was baptized in a Catholic Church in 1889 and was never be excommunicated or in any other way officially censured by the Catholic Church. Hitler frequently referred to God and Christianity in his various speeches and writings. In one 1933 speech, he said that "To do justice to God and our own conscience, we have turned once more to the German Volk." In another he said: "We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out."

In a 1922 speech, he said: "My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. ...And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited."

My confirmation bias as a rebuttal to your confirmation bias...

"Hitler was born in a Catholic, Austrian family. In time Hitler rejected Catholicism and Christianity in large part because of the influence of a fanatical “atheist” by the name of Friedrick Nietzsche. Nietzsche was an influential German philosopher of the 1800’s who saw Christ and Christianity as an abhorrent expression of weakness. A true leader, in Nietzsche’s view, had to be a “Superman,” free from the shackles of religion and ready and willing to use cruelty to achieve power and control over the masses.

“Thus...Nietzsche offered grounds for the reprehensible Nazi ideology of a superior race exercising its will to power as it saw fit. Hitler was living out what Nietzsche had envisioned, trying to prove himself to be the Übermensch and the precursor of the Master race. He despised weakness as much as Nietzsche did and wanted to "transvalue" the current social values into something that supported the aggressive instinct. He wanted to become, as Nietzsche called it, a "lord of the earth."

Hitler was so enamored with Nietzsche that he gave his fellow fascist dictator Mussolini a set of all of Nietzsche’s works during one of their meetings. Nietzsche’s works may have helped solidify Mussolini’s atheism and his cruelty." Aetheismexposed.com

Hitler’s other mentor was a Renaissance political writer by the name of Machiavelli. Machiavelli’s very influential work, The Prince, was Hitler’s bedtime reading[ii]. Machiavelli had no place for Christian morality and openly encouraged leaders to use deceit and cruelty to gain and to retain power. Machiavelli acknowledged a divinity, but in his teachings one cannot see any glimmer of support for the Christian God or for Christian principles.

Machiavelli argues that Christianity fosters the wrong civic virtues. The Christian learns humility, denial and contempt of the mundane things of this world. Christianity he says fosters submissiveness and indifference to one's duties and responsibilities as a citizen.[iii]

Thus the two greatest forces that shaped Hitler’s mind and that moulded his proud, arrogant and cruel spirit were both “anti-Christian.” Nietzsche, the major force that shaped Hitler’s unstoppable cruelty, was undeniably an atheist.

Did Hitler, therefore, believe in some kind of undefined Divinity? It appears that he did; but we must say so with some reservation, as he may have used references to God to ingratiate himself with the majority of Germans who professed to be Catholics or Lutherans. After all, Machiavelli instructs that, most of all, a successful leader must "appear" religious.[iv] Thus it is conceivable that Hitler may have put this principle into practice.

Therefore, though Hitler may have not been an atheist, one thing can be asserted with absolute certainty: Hitler had no place in his life and politics for the Christian God, as his beastly cruelty clearly manifested. It is relevant to mention that Hitler's evil actions were surpassed by the arch-atheist, Stalin.

since I have no conformation bias as proven by actual evidence the body of this post has been deleted !

You are so in denial!!! You go looking on the internet and find articles that support your worldview. Well looky there, I just found one on Hitler that supported my world view. Say what you want about Hitler, but his ACTIONS, not his words, scream Atheism. You may think you want a world without God, but I don't think you can imagine the horror. Most of you attackers on here have had negative experiences with Christians, but the majority of Christians have been responsible for MUCH good in the world. I am not Catholic but I don't suppose you even have a clue about how much the Catholic Charities actually do... Or charities like Compassion or World Hunger, etc. You can hate all you want, but Christ taught to deny yourself. America now teaches it is all about self. Only when you behave selflessly do you exemplify what it means to be a Christian. The teachings of Christ are spot on, even if you have been twisted up by a few misguided fringe nutjobs. For what profit a man if he gain the whole world but lose his soul? No greater love is there than to lay down your life for your friends. Putting others needs before your own, that is the key to true happiness.

"The "uncertainty" of this[Multi-Universe Theory], to put it mildly, is obviously a problem: the other universes may be out there but we have no opportunity of observing or inferring their existence. This disturbs many physicists who are adjusting to the idea of the multiverse. Not only must we accept that basic properties of our universe are accidental and uncalculable. In addition, we must believe in the existence of many other universes. But we have no conceivable way of observing these other universes and cannot prove their existence. Thus, to explain what we see in the world and in our mental deductions, we must believe in what we cannot prove.

Sound familiar? Theologians are accustomed to taking some beliefs on faith. Scientists are not. All we can do is hope that the same theories that predict the multiverse also produce many other predictions that we can test here in our own universe. But the other universes themselves will almost certainly remain a conjecture."

In <em>Harper's Magazine</em>, Contrasting Intelligent Design and the Multiverse - Evolution News & Views

since I have no conformation bias as proven by actual evidence the body of this post has been deleted !

You are so in denial!!! You go looking on the internet and find articles that support your worldview. Well looky there, I just found one on Hitler that supported my world view. Say what you want about Hitler, but his ACTIONS, not his words, scream Atheism. You may think you want a world without God, but I don't think you can imagine the horror. Most of you attackers on here have had negative experiences with Christians, but the majority of Christians have been responsible for MUCH good in the world. I am not Catholic but I don't suppose you even have a clue about how much the Catholic Charities actually do... Or charities like Compassion or World Hunger, etc. You can hate all you want, but Christ taught to deny yourself. America now teaches it is all about self. Only when you behave selflessly do you exemplify what it means to be a Christian. The teachings of Christ are spot on, even if you have been twisted up by a few misguided fringe nutjobs. For what profit a man if he gain the whole world but lose his soul? No greater love is there than to lay down your life for your friends. Putting others needs before your own, that is the key to true happiness.
you are just rationalizing your conformation bias..and topping it off with some old fashioned(but still bullshit) proselytizing..
Christians also have been in the forefront of culture distruction, wars (many since the religion was invented)
racism, etc..
I knew there would be at point when your pseudo scientific ramblings would run out.
BTW Jesus also said "when rebuffed withdraw..."
would you, if It was proven that god never existed change your behavior for the worse ,IE. murder ,steal, rape?
or would you keep the same moral compass you developed under a fantasy god?

people like you have always given me the distinct impression that without a god, imaginary or otherwise you'd go batshit and do a dahlmer or start shooting in to crowds from roof tops.

you are just rationalizing your conformation bias..and topping it off with some old fashioned(but still bullshit) proselytizing..
Christians also have been in the forefront of culture distruction, wars (many since the religion was invented)
racism, etc..
I knew there would be at point when your pseudo scientific ramblings would run out.
would you, if It was proven that god never existed change your behavior for the worse ,IE. murder ,steal, rape?

people like you have always given me the distinct impression that without a god, imaginary or otherwise you'd go batshit and do a dahlmer or start shooting in to crowds from roof tops.

Just keep on keeping on in the delusional reality you've created for yourself. If that is what you need to do to justify your existence, by all means don't let me intrude on that.

I'm not baffled in the least.!

Evidently you do since you used that argument against creation. One of your biggest problems you stereotype far too much. You stereotyped Newton.

You are trying to spin out of your assertion that Newton had no choice but to believe in creation. I posted a link to your favorite source saying that atheism beliefs have been around very long,long before Newton was born.
and that link just strengthened my point, I did not stereotype Newton, you have..I posted SEVERAL TIMES WHY NEWTON HAD NO CHOICE IN WHAT HE BELIEVED.

Notes on Religion in 16th Century Europe

Atheism
The word "atheist" in the 1500s was commonly used to denote a libertine rather to claim that one did not believe in God. To be described as an atheist was an insult. As the French historian Lucien Febve wrote, there were "conceptual difficulties" in the 1500s in denying the existence of God. "Every activity of the day ... was saturated with religious beliefs and institutions." And asking someone whether he believed in God was to suggest the possibility that he did not and must have been as insulting as asking if he were a sodomite or murderer. Peter Watson in his book Ideas agrees with Febve. Watson writes that "One reason Montaigne never really doubted that there was a God was because to do so in his lifetime was next to impossible."

Atheism was little more tolerated in the late 1600s, as indicated by the Enlightenment's John Locke claiming that atheism was “not at all to be tolerated” because, “promises, covenants and oaths, which are the bonds of human societies, can have no hold upon an atheist.”

Are you gonna continue to try and hide your ignorance ?

What I'm saying is I have no idea. I don't know how everything started, what came before, any of that. That doesn't mean it was a god, it certainly doesn't mean it was your god.

Ok you said you don't know how everything started. To me that means there is a beginning. There is overwhelming evidence that something can't come from nothing.

Ignorance comes out again. If your world was not created through Chaos it was created through order now you are coming around.

Last edited:
I have no less hatred for the Romans and Greeks and those before them that persecuted and murdered the thoughts and lives of the free thinkers of those ages.

So I'm going to ASSume your hatred includes the atheistic governments of the 20th century that murdered millions of people, including one notorious guy that thought he could help natural selection along by getting rid of everyone that wasn't blond haired and blue eyed?

Myth:
Atheism is more dangerous than religion because atheists like Adolf Hitler killed millions in the name of their atheistic ideologies like Nazism. That's far more than have been killed in the name of religion.

Response:
A popular image of the Nazis is that they were fundamentally anti-Christian while devout Christians were anti-Nazi. The truth is that German Christians supported the Nazis because they believed that Adolf Hitler was a gift to the German people from God.

Hitler Was an Atheist Who Killed Millions in the Name of Atheism, Secularism? Was the Nazi Party Based on an Atheist, Anti-Christian Ideology?

Adolf Hitler was baptized in a Catholic Church in 1889 and was never be excommunicated or in any other way officially censured by the Catholic Church. Hitler frequently referred to God and Christianity in his various speeches and writings. In one 1933 speech, he said that "To do justice to God and our own conscience, we have turned once more to the German Volk." In another he said: "We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out."

In a 1922 speech, he said: "My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. ...And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited."

Why did hitler Murder fellow Christians if he were a Christian ?

Last edited:
racism, etc..

Just keep on keeping on in the delusional reality you've created for yourself. If that is what you need to do to justify your existence, by all means don't let me intrude on that.

I'll take a slice of Daws reality... Hold the ice cream.

Myth:

Response:

Why did hitler Murder fellow Christians if he were a Christian ?

Much of christanity designates others as "the wrong kind of christian". Romney will find this out in November.

racism, etc..

another false assumption...the only delusions I see are your's.
I exist I need no justification for that, it simply is.

it's people like you who need to justify.

you never did answer this question:would you, if It was proven that god never existed change your behavior for the worse ,IE. murder ,steal, rape?

Evidently you do since you used that argument against creation. One of your biggest problems you stereotype far too much. You stereotyped Newton.

You are trying to spin out of your assertion that Newton had no choice but to believe in creation. I posted a link to your favorite source saying that atheism beliefs have been around very long,long before Newton was born.
and that link just strengthened my point, I did not stereotype Newton, you have..I posted SEVERAL TIMES WHY NEWTON HAD NO CHOICE IN WHAT HE BELIEVED.

Notes on Religion in 16th Century Europe

Atheism
The word "atheist" in the 1500s was commonly used to denote a libertine rather to claim that one did not believe in God. To be described as an atheist was an insult. As the French historian Lucien Febve wrote, there were "conceptual difficulties" in the 1500s in denying the existence of God. "Every activity of the day ... was saturated with religious beliefs and institutions." And asking someone whether he believed in God was to suggest the possibility that he did not and must have been as insulting as asking if he were a sodomite or murderer. Peter Watson in his book Ideas agrees with Febve. Watson writes that "One reason Montaigne never really doubted that there was a God was because to do so in his lifetime was next to impossible."

Atheism was little more tolerated in the late 1600s, as indicated by the Enlightenment's John Locke claiming that atheism was “not at all to be tolerated” because, “promises, covenants and oaths, which are the bonds of human societies, can have no hold upon an atheist.”

Are you gonna continue to try and hide your ignorance ?
not hiding anything
it's laughable that you call others ignorant!
MAYANS AND DINOSAURS!:cuckoo::lol::lol:

Ignorance comes out again. If your world was not created through Chaos it was created through order now you are coming around.
wow! aNOTHER whole post of false declarations !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back