Creationists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you really considered your behavior? You're challenging an anonymous poster on the internet to a fight.

Really, dude. You're an intellectual and emotional basketcase.

No Hollie, I have my limits and spend a lot of time in california so boxing gloves are better nothing on the fists,Besides I put a good spin on it and we can make it interesting with a little money on it for charity and everyone in the area can come watch. A creationist that has his limits.

I don't see any of you say anything to the one that willingly flaps his gums.

Youw, I think the word you're looking for is hypocrite.

Agreed. How do you spout Bible verses out of one side of your mouth and challenge someone to a fight with the other side? THIS is why most 'religious' people scare me. They seem to think that if they do something, no matter how horrendous or irresponsible they've got this ecclesiastical white-out that allows them to do anything that comes into their minds in the name of 'God'.
I just don't buy it.

I challenged you to a personal meeting when I'm in calidfornia and you have yet to respond how we could meet and put your theory to the test.

You talk a good game but not much on delivery. :lol:

You are a coward that would hide behind a PC.

I'm not a Christian that would offer the other cheek but hey none of us are perfect anymore.
WHAT THEORY WOULD THAT BE?
Ohhh the old your a coward charge.
what you fail to understand is I'm no different in real life than I am on line.
I'm confident that if we ever did meet you'd be the one dragged off by your friends /family or the cops...

Let's exchange info and put it to the test kenny rogers I will be out there soon. Coming to Santa Barbara.

Pm me I will keep it private except the beating you get.

And there it is! Believe like me or you'll be sorry! Really people, this was so predictable. What a sad sick irresponsible person you are, YWC. It's people like you that make me question EVERYTHING. Because if You are what God had in mind then He's a false God. Or, as I said earlier, a pyschopath.

No Hollie, I have my limits and spend a lot of time in california so boxing gloves are better nothing on the fists,Besides I put a good spin on it and we can make it interesting with a little money on it for charity and everyone in the area can come watch. A creationist that has his limits.

I don't see any of you say anything to the one that willingly flaps his gums.

Agreed. How do you spout Bible verses out of one side of your mouth and challenge someone to a fight with the other side? THIS is why most 'religious' people scare me. They seem to think that if they do something, no matter how horrendous or irresponsible they've got this ecclesiastical white-out that allows them to do anything that comes into their minds in the name of 'God'.
I just don't buy it.

I have admitted my mistake and I am human. Did you read some of the things the guy say's to believers.

I'm old school I don't back down from bullies. I had enough of his insults and we humans make mistakes. My background comes out now and then wish it didn't but it does.

I see daws as a foul mouth crap talker. You can't have an adult based conversation with the guy.

Yes it took time to put the gospels in order but that does not mean they were not inspired by God. I thonght I made my point clear by pointing out things written concerning science that was not confirmed til modern day technology.

I just don't buy it.

I have admitted my mistake and I am human. Did you read some of the things the guy say's to believers.

I'm old school I don't back down from bullies. I had enough of his insults and we humans make mistakes. My background comes out now and then wish it didn't but it does.

I see daws as a foul mouth crap talker
. You can't have an adult based conversation with the guy.

Yes it took time to put the gospels in order but that does not mean they were not inspired by God. I thonght I made my point clear by pointing out things written concerning science that was not confirmed til modern day technology.

Then forgive him.:D

YWC, I have nothing against God. I just don't like 'religion'. Some of the most savage, unbelievable atrocities in the whole history of the world have been committed in the name of 'religion'. You can have it. I'll keep an open mind. Thats' MY religion.

I was born with a mind and a curiousity . a knack for thinking things through. I haven't decided what is true and what isn't but I've always had the instinct that if there is a God, And he gave us the ability to question him it must be for a reason. I prefer my way because I'm not bogged down in one mind set and unable to go forward. The day that happens to me and I start blurting out some pre-arrainged catch phrases then I might as well be dead because my ability to question is gone. Once you quit learning it's over. I don't ever want to have that happen to me. I'll take my way. It is far more satisfying.

I often wonder if in a parallel universe Adam and Eve stood up to God and refused to bow down and cring when they ate the apple. And in that universe God might have said 'At last. I found my Children! Children that are worthy of carrying on the human race.

The bible boggs you down ?

What makes you believe in God if you don't trust his words ?

Mainly because the Bible is not only incomplete (see the Dead Sea scrolls) but the words written there are not spoken by God, they are spoken by MEN. 'God' Himself had very little to say on any subject. Not first hand anyway. Jesus was somewhat more vocal and what he said made sense for the most part.
I understand faith but I also understand SOMEBODY gave me the ability to THINK. Now did that come from the Devil? Because the way I understand it the Devil cannot create, he can only un-create, beings God's opposite number.
If I was imbued with a soul and intelligence why would I be restricted in my thinking, ostensibly a gift from God? Maybe He WANTS me to question Him, ever think of that?

The Bible is an incomplete book that was picked through and edited, by MEN, for their own purposes. Mainly to keep people stupid, superstitious and 'in line'. I think there's a story there, alright, but I think it's a far better story than we've been let in on so far. I just want to hear the WHOLE story, that's all.

What is the sense in a finite being questioning an infinite being ? Job did look at Gods response.

Job 38:1 And Jehovah answered Job out of the tempest, and said,
Job 38:2 Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
Job 38:3 Now gird up your loins like a man; for I will ask of you, and you teach Me.
Job 38:4 Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell if you have understanding!
Job 38:5 Who has set its measurements, for you know? Or who has stretched the line on it?
Job 38:6 On what are its bases sunk, or who cast its cornerstone,
Job 38:7 when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job 38:8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it broke forth as it came from the womb?
Job 38:9 When I made the clouds its robe, and darkness its navel-band,
Job 38:10 and set My limit on it, and set bars and doors,
Job 38:11 and I said, You shall come to here, but no further; and here your proud waves shall stop.
Job 38:12 Have you commanded the morning from your days, and caused the dawn to know its place,
Job 38:13 that it might take hold of the ends of the earth; that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
Job 38:14 It is turned like clay under a seal; and they stand forth like a garment.
Job 38:15 And from the wicked their light is withheld, and the high arm shall be broken.
Job 38:16 Have you gone to the springs of the sea? Or have you walked in search of the depths?
Job 38:17 Have the gates of death been opened to you? Or have you seen the gates of the shadow of death?
Job 38:18 Have you understood the breadth of the earth? Tell, if you know it all!
Job 38:19 Where is the way where light dwells? And where is the place of darkness,
Job 38:20 that you should take it to its boundary, and that you should know the paths to its house?
Job 38:21 You know, because you were born then. And the number of your days is great.
Job 38:22 Have you entered into the storehouses of the snow? Or have you seen the storehouses of the hail,
Job 38:23 which I have kept for the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
Job 38:24 How is it, the way the light is distributed, and how does the east wind spread itself on the earth?
Job 38:25 Who has cut a channel for the flood, or a way for the thunderclaps;
Job 38:26 to cause rain to fall on the earth where no man is, a wilderness and no man in it;
Job 38:27 to satisfy the desolate and waste ground, and to cause the source of grass to spring forth?
Job 38:28 Has the rain a father? Or who has brought forth the drops of dew?
Job 38:29 Out of whose womb came the ice? And the frost of the heavens, who fathered it?
Job 38:30 The waters are hidden like stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
Job 38:31 Can you bind the bands of the Pleiades, or loosen the cords of Orion?
Job 38:32 Can you bring the constellations in their season? Or can you guide the Bear with its sons?
Job 38:33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you set up their rulership on the earth?
Job 38:34 Can you lift up your voice to the clouds, so that floods of waters may cover you?
Job 38:35 Can you send lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, Here we are?
Job 38:36 Who has put wisdom in the inward parts? Or who has given understanding to the mind?
Job 38:37 Who can number the clouds by wisdom; or who can empty out the jars of the heavens,
Job 38:38 when the dust is melted into hardness, and the clods cling fast together?
Job 38:39 Will you hunt the prey for the lion, or fill the appetite of the young lions,
Job 38:40 when they crouch in dens, and sit in the cover of their hiding place?
Job 38:41 Who provides food for the raven, when its young ones cry to God and wander about without food?

Was man meant to question the creator,I will answer with a resounding no!

I just don't buy it.

I see daws as a foul mouth crap talker
. You can't have an adult based conversation with the guy.

Then forgive him.:D

I have and I am over it.

YWC, I have nothing against God. I just don't like 'religion'. Some of the most savage, unbelievable atrocities in the whole history of the world have been committed in the name of 'religion'. You can have it. I'll keep an open mind. Thats' MY religion.

I'm with you,I don't care for organised religion. All the different denominations can't all have the absolute truth,what unites them all is faith in Christ.

Job and Abraham didn't need it nor does modern day man. Jesus made it very simple for all.

The bible boggs you down ?

What makes you believe in God if you don't trust his words ?

Mainly because the Bible is not only incomplete (see the Dead Sea scrolls) but the words written there are not spoken by God, they are spoken by MEN. 'God' Himself had very little to say on any subject. Not first hand anyway. Jesus was somewhat more vocal and what he said made sense for the most part.
I understand faith but I also understand SOMEBODY gave me the ability to THINK. Now did that come from the Devil? Because the way I understand it the Devil cannot create, he can only un-create, beings God's opposite number.
If I was imbued with a soul and intelligence why would I be restricted in my thinking, ostensibly a gift from God? Maybe He WANTS me to question Him, ever think of that?

The Bible is an incomplete book that was picked through and edited, by MEN, for their own purposes. Mainly to keep people stupid, superstitious and 'in line'. I think there's a story there, alright, but I think it's a far better story than we've been let in on so far. I just want to hear the WHOLE story, that's all.

What is the sense in a finite being questioning an infinite being ? Job did look at Gods response.

Job 38:3 Now gird up your loins like a man; for I will ask of you, and you teach Me.
Job 38:4 Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell if you have understanding!
Job 38:5 Who has set its measurements, for you know? Or who has stretched the line on it?
Job 38:7 when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Job 38:8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it broke forth as it came from the womb?
Job 38:11 and I said, You shall come to here, but no further; and here your proud waves shall stop.
Job 38:12 Have you commanded the morning from your days, and caused the dawn to know its place,
Job 38:13 that it might take hold of the ends of the earth; that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
Job 38:14 It is turned like clay under a seal; and they stand forth like a garment.
Job 38:15 And from the wicked their light is withheld, and the high arm shall be broken.
Job 38:16 Have you gone to the springs of the sea? Or have you walked in search of the depths?
Job 38:17 Have the gates of death been opened to you? Or have you seen the gates of the shadow of death?
Job 38:18 Have you understood the breadth of the earth? Tell, if you know it all!
Job 38:19 Where is the way where light dwells? And where is the place of darkness,
Job 38:20 that you should take it to its boundary, and that you should know the paths to its house?
Job 38:21 You know, because you were born then. And the number of your days is great.
Job 38:22 Have you entered into the storehouses of the snow? Or have you seen the storehouses of the hail,
Job 38:23 which I have kept for the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
Job 38:24 How is it, the way the light is distributed, and how does the east wind spread itself on the earth?
Job 38:26 to cause rain to fall on the earth where no man is, a wilderness and no man in it;
Job 38:27 to satisfy the desolate and waste ground, and to cause the source of grass to spring forth?
Job 38:29 Out of whose womb came the ice? And the frost of the heavens, who fathered it?
Job 38:32 Can you bring the constellations in their season? Or can you guide the Bear with its sons?
Job 38:33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you set up their rulership on the earth?
Job 38:34 Can you lift up your voice to the clouds, so that floods of waters may cover you?
Job 38:35 Can you send lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, Here we are?
Job 38:36 Who has put wisdom in the inward parts? Or who has given understanding to the mind?
Job 38:37 Who can number the clouds by wisdom; or who can empty out the jars of the heavens,
Job 38:38 when the dust is melted into hardness, and the clods cling fast together?
Job 38:39 Will you hunt the prey for the lion, or fill the appetite of the young lions,
Job 38:41 Who provides food for the raven, when its young ones cry to God and wander about without food?

Now you've gone and ruined Job for me, dammit. One of my favorite Bible stories has been reduced to 'don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain'.

Even Darwin, in 'Origin of the Species' recognized a 'creator' of the first living organism. And many people figure Darwin put that in there as a sop for the people that would eventually see his discovery's as blasphemy and atheism when in fact atheism wasn't even contemplated in Darwiin's time. It was a later time when Neitzche postulated the non-existance of a supreme being that the idea came into being or was taken seriously. So there goes your beef with Darwin.

I just don't buy it.

I see daws as a foul mouth crap talker. You can't have an adult based conversation with the guy.

If we're going to make any effort at being honest, we need to acknowledge that you simply cut and pasted a canned list of alleged " scientific miracles".

None of what you cut and pasted in any way represents science confirming some alleged prophesy or information confirmed by modern technology.

You're just being silly to make such outrageous and false claims.

I just don't buy it.

If we're going to make any effort at being honest, we need to acknowledge that you simply cut and pasted a canned list of alleged " scientific miracles".

None of what you cut and pasted in any way represents science confirming some alleged prophesy or information confirmed by modern technology.

The superstitious are immune to having their obtuse application of logical fallacy pointed out to them.

Watch this:

Hey YWC, every single one your biblical predictions is an example of you applying the Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy--every single one.​

Then listen for the crickets.

While we humans have evolved (<--- yes, I said that word) such qualities as reasoning, most organized religions seek to squelch those attributes that pursue knowledge. In fact, if we are to be honest, we must acknowledge that the religious institutions expect us to be obedient, compliant, submissive, etc.

A child is bereft of a critical platform to make a valid choice, which is why they need caring for. Look at the terminology of the three competing Abrahamic religions:

Be as a child
Faith alone
Belief, and it shall be
I am the shepherd, you are like sheep…

Notice a theme there? Not once are we extolled: Rigidly question, for I the LORD hath made thee with a brain, and thee hath the world before thee to explore. No, instead its surrender the brain I gave you.

I find that adherence to such dogma would require us to draw all our conclusions not as humans but as sheep, and blindly follow the traditions and tales of those who claim authority for such traditions. That in turn would automatically subject the vast majority of humanity to forever live in error and superstition. You may be happy with such a circumstance. Others of us are not.

Sentient sheep. That’s an oxymoron, isn’t it?

Now you've gone and ruined Job for me, dammit. One of my favorite Bible stories has been reduced to 'don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain'.

No job was humbled because He questioned God,he must have forgotten who he was talking to.

I just don't buy it.

You are in denial Hollie.

The superstitious are immune to having their obtuse application of logical fallacy pointed out to them.

Watch this:

Hey YWC, every single one your biblical predictions is an example of you applying the Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy--every single one.​

Then listen for the crickets.

Loki you finally paid your internet bill.

Why did you take the name of a god Loki ?

No job was humbled because He questioned God,he must have forgotten who he was talking to.

No job? Jesus had no job either. Just a layabout. Never even got out of his PJs if we go by all the paintings of him.

You are in denial Hollie.
Actually, no.

I am not the one making claims to miracles and being unable to substantiate those claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back