Cross Removed! Town avoids lawsuit and follows the law

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...n-removes-cross-town-christmas-tree/95347796/

VICTORY! How many times we have to go over this. GOVERNMENT in any form may NOT endorse a religion including putting up a religious symbol.

How is displaying a cross "establishing a religion"
Only 1 religion (christianity) uses a cross like that for their religion.

So you'd ban evergreens because they "establish" Christianity as the national religion? Where does your insanity stop?

With Christmas being a Christian holiday and all.......
If these clowns feel so strongly about it they shouldnt partake in Christmas since in doing so they are they are in fact celebrating a Christian belief.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...n-removes-cross-town-christmas-tree/95347796/

VICTORY! How many times we have to go over this. GOVERNMENT in any form may NOT endorse a religion including putting up a religious symbol.

So you'd ban evergreens because they "establish" Christianity as the national religion? Where does your insanity stop?
Religious symbols don't belong on GOVERNMENT property. You should know that you are a big constitution guy.

It's sad that some think that was some endorsement of religion. And of course the ACLU was in on this scam.
If the government is paying for it and it's on government land, put up by government workers, then it IS a government endorsement of religion.
Good
So...you'd have no problems if they did the same thing with any symbols of Islam or Buddhism or Hinduism or Paganism too?
They do. Always hearing about public schools making kids wear Islamic garb or studying islam. But when it comes to the truth, Christianity, they cry like little girls. True equality doesn't exist in this country.
So...studying Islam is a bad thing?
Not if you want to know your enemy. Is it alright with you to make kids study islam in schools and then cry about schools teaching Christianity?

Public schools, af1, as you well know teach Christianity as subject matter, just the same as it teachers Islam or Judaism.

Back away, dog, back away.

Thank you, Weatherman, and I will put that in my electronic file for such quotes.

But it has nothing to do with this OP.

Issued by President George Washington, at the request of Congress, on October 3, 1789
By the President of the United States of America, a Proclamation.

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and—Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me “to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:”

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favor, able interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted; for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other trangressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally, to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

Go. Washington
Yeah, religion and government have nothing to do with the OP. :cuckoo:

Religious symbols don't belong on GOVERNMENT property. You should know that you are a big constitution guy.
Religious symbols don't belong on GOVERNMENT property. You should know that you are a
image.jpeg

SCOTUS Oath ends with "So help me God", are all their ruling Unconstitutional?

Religious symbols don't belong on GOVERNMENT property. You should know that you are a
View attachment 101928
Those belong to the men and women who died depending on their religion and ALL graves are NOT just of crosses...I am sure you knew this already though.

I don't consider them constitutional. I find the SC to be thugs in robes.

View attachment 101928
Those belong to the men and women who died depending on their religion and ALL graves are NOT just of crosses...I am sure you knew this already though.

View attachment 101928
Millions of religious symbols on government property.
When are you filing a lawsuit?

You feel like a sock account - a synthetic person

George Washington, Arlington National Cemetery, and so forth has nothing to do with a Christmas display that has been removed from a public square.

weatherman is making as much sense as 9-11 (now LA Ram Ram) does.

View attachment 101928

View attachment 101928
You obviously don't understand the law. They can't ENDORSE ONE RELIGION. They CAN allow MANY different religious symbols on graves because its not endorsing ONE religion.

You feel like a sock account - a synthetic person
OK. FEEL whatever you want. I am quite real. Just for shits and giggles though who the hell is ANYTHING like me here?

View attachment 101928
View attachment 101928
You obviously don't understand the law. They can't ENDORSE ONE RELIGION. They CAN allow MANY different religious symbols on graves because its not endorsing ONE religion.
Did anyone block a Star of David on the tree?
Checkmate.

View attachment 101928
View attachment 101928
Checkmate.
When someone tries putting one up I guess we will find out eh?

View attachment 101928
View attachment 101928
Checkmate.
You are as goofy as LA Ram Fan.

Forum List

Back