Cruz professor: According to Cruz's "originalist" view of the Constitution - he's not "natural born"

Speaking of Jesus, don't end of days Christians say one of the signs is the anti Christ won't be a natural born citizen? Sure seems like they want the world to end.

Self fulfilling prophecy
Link?
For what? Look it up and tell me if I'm lying.

We constantly have to go fact check your bs. You fact check mine.

And I don't even know what you need a link for.

Google anti christ

Sorry, injun, but you gave up that issue in 2008.

Really? You don't consider Hawaii one of our United States?
If his father was a non-citizen, by your OP Obama was not eligible. You can't have it both ways.

Obama was born in Hawaii by an American mother..Hawaii became a state in 1959...;)

cruzmeme.jpg

Really? You don't consider Hawaii one of our United States?
You gave up the issue by dismissing it in 2008.

Why? Obama was born in the United States to an American mother. Cruz is a Cuban born in Canada.
Obama was born in Kenya. Said so himself.

Got any "credible" proof?
Did Obama’s Publishers Make a Mistake? Or is it a Cover-Up?

Well, she admitted making the mistake.

Listen I believe both Obama and Cruz are eligible...

But the ass hat right have been bleating for the last 7 years how Obama was not....

Where are the same people how the consistent line about Cruz... It is only fair...

Cruz could be a Commie spy, on half the things ye said....

We are just asking the question...

Speaking of Jesus, don't end of days Christians say one of the signs is the anti Christ won't be a natural born citizen? Sure seems like they want the world to end.

Self fulfilling prophecy
Link?
For what? Look it up and tell me if I'm lying.

We constantly have to go fact check your bs. You fact check mine.

And I don't even know what you need a link for.

Google anti christ
And SillyBufu runs away, as predicted.

You gave up the issue by dismissing it in 2008.

Why? Obama was born in the United States to an American mother. Cruz is a Cuban born in Canada.

Link?

Self fulfilling prophecy
Link?
Actually I googled it and it turns out Obama is the anti Christ. He's going to be next secretary general of the UN. One world government Obama rules the planet.

Link?

For your viewing pleasure:

The Debunker's Guide to Obama Conspiracy Theories

Thomas Lee, a professor of constitutional law and international law at Fordham Law School, writes in the Los Angeles Times that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) would not be not be considered a “natural born citizen” under an originalist view of the Constitution.

From the LA Times:

Under either a textualist or a “living Constitution” theory, Cruz is a “natural born Citizen,” eligible to be president; under an originalist view, however, he isn’t. It’s the conservative theory that would exclude the conservative Cruz from presidential eligibility.

To an originalist, a “natural born Citizen” is a person who is a citizen of the United States under “natural” principles of law in 1788. Two such principles were then in play in the U.S. Jus soli — the law of soil — was the principle that a child was subject or citizen of the sovereign who ruled the land or seas on which the child was born. Jus soli was viewed as a part of the common law of England, which was adopted by the American states. Jus sanguinis — the law of blood — held that a child’s citizenship flowed from the parents’ allegiance, regardless of place of birth. This principle was prevalent in continental Europe, and in England it was the basis for an exception to jus soli for children born there to foreign ambassadors.

The principle of jus sanguinis in 1788 applied to patrilineal descent only: A person born in a foreign country was viewed as a “natural born Citizen” of his or her father’s country. However odious it seems today, a child born of a woman whose citizenship was different from her husband’s — much rarer then than today — could not be a “natural born Citizen” of the mother’s country. That idea wasn’t even considered until 1844 in Victorian England.

The upshot is that to an originalist, someone like Cruz — born in a foreign country (and therefore not a natural born citizen of the United States by jus soli) and to a Cuban citizen father (and therefore not a natural born citizen of the United States by jus sanguinis ) — is not eligible to be president.

Read the rest of the article here.

Therefore, Cruz speaks with forked tongue. As much as I can't stand Trump - maybe he has a point.

Imagine Ted Cruz as POTUS....the first Hispanic American to hold the office....

Chuckle...

Thomas Lee, a professor of constitutional law and international law at Fordham Law School, writes in the Los Angeles Times that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) would not be not be considered a “natural born citizen” under an originalist view of the Constitution.

From the LA Times:

Under either a textualist or a “living Constitution” theory, Cruz is a “natural born Citizen,” eligible to be president; under an originalist view, however, he isn’t. It’s the conservative theory that would exclude the conservative Cruz from presidential eligibility.

To an originalist, a “natural born Citizen” is a person who is a citizen of the United States under “natural” principles of law in 1788. Two such principles were then in play in the U.S. Jus soli — the law of soil — was the principle that a child was subject or citizen of the sovereign who ruled the land or seas on which the child was born. Jus soli was viewed as a part of the common law of England, which was adopted by the American states. Jus sanguinis — the law of blood — held that a child’s citizenship flowed from the parents’ allegiance, regardless of place of birth. This principle was prevalent in continental Europe, and in England it was the basis for an exception to jus soli for children born there to foreign ambassadors.

The principle of jus sanguinis in 1788 applied to patrilineal descent only: A person born in a foreign country was viewed as a “natural born Citizen” of his or her father’s country. However odious it seems today, a child born of a woman whose citizenship was different from her husband’s — much rarer then than today — could not be a “natural born Citizen” of the mother’s country. That idea wasn’t even considered until 1844 in Victorian England.

The upshot is that to an originalist, someone like Cruz — born in a foreign country (and therefore not a natural born citizen of the United States by jus soli) and to a Cuban citizen father (and therefore not a natural born citizen of the United States by jus sanguinis ) — is not eligible to be president.

Read the rest of the article here.

Therefore, Cruz speaks with forked tongue. As much as I can't stand Trump - maybe he has a point.
The irony is delicious :eusa_drool:

Ravi

I didn't know the end of days prophecies had taken the US into account. I mean I thought everyone knew god was an Englishman.

The GOP should disqualify Cruz to avoid embarrassment and years of litigation about his natural born status according to the originalist interpretation of the Constitution - which even Cruz adheres to.

Last edited:

Self fulfilling prophecy
Link?
Actually I googled it and it turns out Obama is the anti Christ. He's going to be next secretary general of the UN. One world government Obama rules the planet.
I O BEY!!!!! MEIN FUHRER!!!

Forum List

Back