D.C. Officials Stole $110K From Children's Program to Fund Obama Inaugural Ball

Sorry, but this doesn't surprise me at all. It's sad, terrible, and really disgusting. But, I think most people know and understand what Washington politics is all about. In my opinion, it'd be hard to shock anyone concerning news coming out of Washington politics. Maybe one day the voting public will wake up and rid the nest of all the rats that infest it.

Well, I'm very happy to see all those involved in this disgraceful manipulation of funds for their own purposes have been convicted and are seeing jail time.
Justice has been served.

They stole the retired people's money then convinced the millennial stupids that the elderly are a drain. Now they have no choice but to steal the millennial's money to cover the previous theft.
They are stealing from our children's school funds and pretending it is because the schools have gotten rid of Moo's new menu. And now from the children directly.

They steal. They golf. They vacation, They dance. That is what they do. They are the true 1%.

Rodgers, found guilty of fraud in March, was sentenced to 36 days (served on weekends) plus two years of probation. Rodgers must also repay the entire $110,000 as restitution for his crime.
Ah, yes, the double-standard of the US justice system, where political appointees and elected politicians get a free ride.

Meanwhile for the rest of America: This Man Was Sentenced to Die in Prison for Shoplifting a 159 Jacket This Happens More Than You Think Alternet
[...]A few months later Jackson was convicted of shoplifting and sent to Angola prison in Louisiana. That was 16 years ago. Today he is still incarcerated in Angola, and will stay there for the rest of his natural life having been condemned to die in jail. All for the theft of a jacket, worth $159.

Jackson, 53, is one of 3,281 prisoners in America serving life sentences with no chance of parole for non-violent crimes. Some, like him, were given the most extreme punishment short of execution for shoplifting; one was condemned to die in prison for siphoning petrol from a truck; another for stealing tools from a tool shed; yet another for attempting to cash a stolen cheque.

Forum List

Back