DACA issue brings out the hateful un-Americans

I thought the constituion forbid "corruption of blood" Where you punish the kids for the crimes of the parents?

The kids become anchors. Welcome the kids and the parents criminal behavior pays off

Same would happen with any children born here. So you might have an argument in one case, but are in a constituional bind with the other. You can't deport american citizens.

Easy to say for you, but it is obvious that you have not taken the perspective of the 15 year old high schooler thats been here since she was 4 and has never even been to Mexico. Or the high school grad who is starting their first year at College. The utter lack of awareness and empathy shown in your posts is pretty disgusting and to hear you justify it by calling it a win win for both countries and imply that the dreamers should be grateful for the opportunities that we gave them before dispelling them to a foreign country... Thats rich man. You need some serious reflection time.

I thought the priority for deportations were the "criminal" aliens? The dreamers aren't criminals. They have been background checked, and are productive members of society. And in case you say being here undocumented is a crime, remember they arrived as juveniles. They had no chargeable criminal intent.
I've been defending DACA and the dreamers this entire thread, including in the post you are responding to. What are you reading?

ACA and the dreamers this entire thread, including in the post you are responding to. What are you reading?

I support the dreamers too, but being "mean" is just in my nature. I apologize if I attacked you, and don't let it bother you.

The kids become anchors. Welcome the kids and the parents criminal behavior pays off

Although here legally, Bobby Jhindals parents became citizens with the help of their american born baby. So his birth paid off for his parents, who were here to study, not to breed.

The solution is with immigration reform and border security. Not punishing dreamers. You are focusing your energy in the wrong place
"Immigration reform" is libspeak for "amnesty." That isn't going to happen. We don't need to reform our immigration laws. We just need to enforce them.
We aren't deporting or starving out 10 million people. It just isn't going to happen no matter how loud you yell. You can be that dumbass making noise like jc456 or you can join the discussion and talk about real solutions
We aren't deporting or starving out 10 million people.

.....you can join the discussion and talk about real solutions
The program is finished and whether it's 1 million,
or 5 million, and doesn't reach 10 million,
is neither here nor there...deportations are imminent

Truly, it is a win, win, solution....for both countries

If the reason for people illegally entering our country
from Mexico, is truly, for the opportunity of a better life,
then, "the Dreamers" should want to return to Mexico
and collectively, accept the responsibility, as their duty,
to take the opportunities they were afforded and benefited from,
and begin the process of applying what they learned and lived,

so that, ALL of Mexico will benefit from their opportunities,
not them alone, bestowing on Mexico's future generations,
what their grandparents and parents, did not have,
and the reason for leaving Mexico, to chase a dream to America...
opportunities and a better life

Personally, the way I see it at this point is,
so many people illegally entered and bunkered down here,
not because there are limited and few opportunities
for a better life in Mexico but, because there are
more opportunities and resources for an easier life in America

If you illegally came here for a better life,
and you're on food stamps, get WIC vouchers,
get cash assistance, use a government program cell phone
live in section 8 housing, have a government medical card,....

you're not living a better life, you're living an easier life
THAT is NOT the "American Dream"....that IS the "American Scheme"
Easy to say for you, but it is obvious that you have not taken the perspective of the 15 year old high schooler thats been here since she was 4 and has never even been to Mexico. Or the high school grad who is starting their first year at College. The utter lack of awareness and empathy shown in your posts is pretty disgusting and to hear you justify it by calling it a win win for both countries and imply that the dreamers should be grateful for the opportunities that we gave them before dispelling them to a foreign country... Thats rich man. You need some serious reflection time.

You should talk to the parents. It is they that showed complete lack of understanding and empathy.

How empathetic would you be when arriving home from vacation to find a family of squatters in your home that refused to leave? Bet you'd be calling the cops to have them forcibly removed. Kids or no kids.
Sure I would but again, that is a COMPLETELY different kind of situation, and even with that, I wouldn't push for the children to be punished for their parents actions

Our modern economy has been built and is running on technology and innovation. Who do you think is driving that workforce? White kids from Beverly Hills? Who is working the fields and providing us with produce and our domestic food sources?

They used to call it "the brain drain" Immigrants coming to this country with ideas, skills, and determination.

There you have it. Cheap produce is the reason.
You still don't get it.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

If most Christians agree that caring for the poor and marginalized is a central tenet of the gospels -- Matthew 25:40, where Jesus commands us to care for “the least of these.” -- that “the least of these” refers to the poor and marginalized. Why is DACA such and issue for some so-called "christian" people?

The Catholic Church, the one the Puritan/Protestants ran from, gets it right yet again.

If we are really a "christian" nation, then we should act like one.

Our modern economy has been built and is running on technology and innovation. Who do you think is driving that workforce? White kids from Beverly Hills? Who is working the fields and providing us with produce and our domestic food sources?

They used to call it "the brain drain" Immigrants coming to this country with ideas, skills, and determination.

You still don't get it.

You can have open borders or a large welfare state, not both.

You still don't get it.

How about neither

People supported Obamas deporting "criminal" illegal aliens. And DACA holds onto the good ones. What's wrong with continuing the policy of out with the bad and in with the good?

People supported Obamas deporting "criminal" illegal aliens. And DACA holds onto the good ones. What's wrong with continuing the policy of out with the bad and in with the good?

Boot a couple of million illegals and I'd consider keeping a few thousand "dreamers".
Rinse and repeat.

You still don't get it.

How about neither

Sounds good to me.

It's only fair for dreamers to wait in line legally like everybody else should...
I disagree. Refugees don't wait in the same line as "everybody else" are you going to stomp your feet about that as well?
It's far too easy for illegal aliens and refugees to get into this country, that's part of the reason why this country is failing… A free ride benefits nobody
I disagree, I know shocking. I don't think our country is failing at all. I still see America as the greatest country on Earth. Where are you getting this "Free ride" notion from? Last time I checked, legal or illegal immigrants need to work to pay the bills. The illegal ones are doing the shit jobs for very little pay.
Illegal aliens are all about the free ride, same way with refugees. Just existing does not give them a right to be here… Fact

Illegal aliens are all about the free ride, same way with refugees. Just existing does not give them a right to be here… Fact

Illegals don't qualify for welfare. But if their kids go to school in NYC, they get a free lunch, just like all the other kids.

You still don't get it.

...and still should wait in line like everyone else does in the legal way.

Yeah, after we boot a couple of million illegals, we can start looking at which of the dreamers we want to keep.

The dreamers are law abiding, productive tax payers. They actually are a better population than the general public. We would be better off keeping the dreamers, and kicking out the first million Trump voters.

Forum List

Back