Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

yes, the lack a neutral option (if that really is the case - I find it very hard to believe an experienced polling company would make THAT rookie mistake) is essentially push polling in that you are pushing people into an option that may or may not accurately reflect their views. Why on earth would any pollster do that?

Unless tjhey are TRYING to push an agenda. Or create the illusion of a movement (or an illusion of a close race) when really none exists.
Have you ever been polled?
They want sides, not straddles

Yes, I have - why do you ask and what difference does it make?

What they SHOULD want is an accurate reflection of the opinions of the people. If you go into a poll with any other objective - your poll is fatally flawed.
i have been polled, and most of the time NONE of the option fit what i believe
they PUSH you to pick one they list even if you dont agree with it
and it hasnt mattered WHO polled me(havent been polled by Rasmussen yet, and Gallop was pretty fair)

RCP Average 9/17 - 10/6

Approve: 52.2 / Dissapprove: 41.2 / Spread: +11.0

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Not too shabby. Most polls have him at about the average, except for the two extremes of course:

Rasmussen Reports - 10/4 to 10/6 - App: 49 / Disa: 50 / Spread: -1

And at the other end:

CBS News/NY Times - 9/19 to 9/23 - App: 56 / Disa: 33 / Spread: +23

But, unlike our friends on the right, I trust the average of the polls, not the extreme outlier.

RCP Average 9/17 - 10/6

Not too shabby. Most polls have him at about the average, except for the two extremes of course:

And at the other end:

But, unlike our friends on the right, I trust the average of the polls, not the extreme outlier.
except in that average there is another "outlier" Associated Press/GfK they show him at 56% approve as well
and the rest are within 2 points of Rasmussen's approve

Close to 60 today, correct?

wrong again

now see, i didnt call you a liar for being wrong

RCP Average 9/17 - 10/6

And at the other end:

except in that average there is another "outlier" Associated Press/GfK they show him at 56% approve as well

Close to 60 today correct?

wrong again

now see, i didnt call you a liar for being wrong

RCP Average 9/17 - 10/6

And at the other end:

Close to 60 today correct?
NOPE
wrong again
closer to 50

RCP Average: 9/24 - 10/12

Approve: 53.0 / Disapprove: 39.9 / Spread: +13.1

That's a point gain from last week. Not bad.

Getting close to 55...

Up to 53.1 on the RCP average with 4 out of 5 of the latest polls showing 56% (guess which one is the outlier at 49%)

I wonder if the Nobel Prize is responsible for the latest upticks? I've seen his numbers inching higher as of late, but I'm not sure what to attribute that to ...

Last edited:
RCP Average: 9/24 - 10/12

Approve: 53.0 / Disapprove: 39.9 / Spread: +13.1

That's a point gain from last week. Not bad.

Getting close to 55...

Up to 53.1 on the RCP average with 5 out of 6 of the latest polls showing 56% (guess which one is the outlier at 49%)

I wonder if the Nobel Prize is responsible for the latest upticks? I've seen his numbers inching higher as of late, but I'm not sure what to attribute that to ...

I don't think it has to do with the nobel prize. I think that the fact that everyone is on board with health care reform, including Pharma and the AMA and AARP...

the only ones fussing are the insurance companies.

I don't think it has to do with the nobel prize. I think that the fact that everyone is on board with health care reform, including Pharma and the AMA and AARP...

And with their recent "report", they might have shot themselves in the foot.

Getting close to 55...

Up to 53.1 on the RCP average with 5 out of 6 of the latest polls showing 56% (guess which one is the outlier at 49%)

Maybe you are right Jillian. It would be nice to think that many people are following the issue that closely. Maybe I'm just too cynical, but I wonder if most folks understand the ins and outs of the issues. I tend to look for the big - more cosmetic happenings.

I think people are really starting to see through the layers of right-wing propaganda.

Things are looking up.

I think people are really starting to see through the layers of right-wing propaganda.

Things are looking up.

FYI, it's not 'right wing propaganda' that's the problem when 'they' are out of power, which they are. You miss the issues.

Forum List

Back