🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Pretty much same old same old these days. When President Bush's approval ratings began sinking, there came a day that Scott Rasmussen reported that his approval rating had settled into an unhealthy range. That is Rasmussen code for "It isn't likely to get any better." I look for those words re Obama to come much sooner.

However, the most interesting comment in today's report is this:
"Chris Dodd’s retirement is definitely good news for the Democrats."

I wish to high heaven Dodd had retired before he managed to help push through that last abominable appropriations bill, TARP and Stimulus packages, and aided and abetted Fannie and Freddie to cover up their irresponsibility until it was too late to head off the worst of the results. And oh how I wish Barney Frank and his ilk was leaving with him for the same reasons.

I wonder if shedding some of their worst baggage will help the Democrats though? Seems to me a least a good chunk of the voters will impose consequences for their irresponsibility this last year. I think a lot of irresponsible Republicans may face the heat in their primaries this year too.

Last edited:
Pretty much same old same old these days. When President Bush's approval ratings began sinking, there came a day that Scott Rasmussen reported that his approval rating had settled into an unhealthy range. That is Rasmussen code for "It isn't likely to get any better." I look for those words re Obama to come much sooner.

However, the most interesting comment in today's report is this:
"Chris Dodd’s retirement is definitely good news for the Democrats."

I wish to high heaven Dodd had retired before he managed to help push through that last abominable appropriations bill, TARP and Stimulus packages, and aided and abetted Fannie and Freddie to cover up their irresponsibility until it was too late to head off the worst of the results. And oh how I wish Barney Frank and his ilk was leaving with him for the same reasons.

I wonder if shedding some of their worst baggage will help the Democrats though? Seems to me a least a good chunk of the voters will impose consequences for their irresponsibility this last year. I think a lot of irresponsible Republicans may face the heat in their primaries this year too.

Yes, and as John Stewart correctly pointed out, more congressional Republicans have announced their retirement recently than congressional Democrats.

So why the big story about Democrats "jumping ship"?

Why, for ratings of course.

Making stuff up about fleeing Democrats is a much more interesting story than just a bunch of congressmen quitting.

Full Episode | January 7, 2010 - Maggie Gyllenhaal | The Daily Show

Got to love today's media.

Last edited:
Here's a nice graph showing Reagan's historical approval ratings:

800px-Gallup_Poll-Approval_Rating-Ronald_Reagan.png

Notice the dip below 50% starting in late 1981, going to 37% in Jan 1983, and only going back up above 50% again in the fall of 1983.

Notice the dip below 50% starting in late 1981, going to 37% in Jan 1983, and only going back up above 50% again in the fall of 1983.

That will be in relation to military posturing. What happened in the fall of 1983?

Oh look... There's one now....

JokeStarkey - right on cue....:lol:

JokeStarkey has sole posession of Barry's left butt cheek... Few people defend him more than JokeStarkey...

Oh JokeStarkey has sole posession of Barry's left butt cheek... Few people defend him more than JokeStarkey...

I voted for McCain, and will vote against BHO if we get a good candidate in 2012. But your type in the party makes us all look pathetic.

Oh JokeStarkey has sole posession of Barry's left butt cheek... Few people defend him more than JokeStarkey...

I voted for McCain, and will vote against BHO if we get a good candidate in 2012. But your type in the party makes us all look pathetic.

Sorry Joke, nobody believes a word you type...

Few people defend Barry more than you do...

BTW, I'm not a republican....

That will be in relation to military posturing. What happened in the fall of 1983?

The fall of 1983 was when the economy finally turned around and the "Reagan Recovery" finally started, 2 1/2 years after he took office.

Every president has ups and downs in the polls, but I don't recall a time that such high hopes for a President as we saw in President Obama came crashing down so very quickly. It wasn't that he inherited a lot of sh*t from the previous administration. President Reagan came into office facing double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, high unemployment, and gas shortages and much of that was not corrected for a good long period. His popularity waned following some unpopular tax increases but when the reduction in tax rates that he pushed through began kicking in with positive results in the economy, the people responded positively.

If you take partisanship out of the equations and really look at what works and what doesn't, each president can point to things to commend and each president can point to things that didn't work.

So far President Obama isn't able to point to much of anything that has worked for him, and his poll numbers are reflecting that.

Sorry Joke, nobody believes a word you type... Few people defend Barry more than you do... BTW, I'm not a republican....

I rarely defend BHO, but I will always smack down the loony wingnut fringe to far right right. It is antithetical to the Constitution and to all freedom-loving Americans. Those folks would take it away from the citizens.

I praise the heavens you are not in my party: good riddance.:lol:

Every president has ups and downs in the polls, but I don't recall a time that such high hopes for a President as we saw in President Obama came crashing down so very quickly.

The popularity rates for both presidents are almost exactly the same for the first year. Obama had a slight edge at the beginning of his presidency, and retained a slight edge at the end of 2009.

It wasn't that he inherited a lot of sh*t from the previous administration.

Yes it was. Bush left the economy in a world of shit. Are you trying to rewrite history now?

President Reagan came into office facing double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, high unemployment, and gas shortages and much of that was not corrected for a good long period.

And Obama inherited an economy where the GDP was falling to levels it hadn't fallen to in 20 years, Unemployment had reached 8.2% by February, Wall Street was crashing, hard, and the country was involved in TWO WARS.

And the unemployment rate in February of 1981 was 7.5%. For all you folks keeping score, that's lower than what Obama inherited.

(Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics Data)

His popularity waned following some unpopular tax increases but when the reduction in tax rates that he pushed through began kicking in with positive results in the economy, the people responded positively.

No, his popularity waned because by the end of 1982, Unemployment had reached 10.8%, the highest it's ever been and since the Depression. Unemployment remained over 10 percent until July of the following year.

If you take partisanship out of the equations and really look at what works and what doesn't, each president can point to things to commend and each president can point to things that didn't work.

So far President Obama isn't able to point to much of anything that has worked for him, and his poll numbers are reflecting that.

And if you take partisanship and revisionist history out of the equation, and look at the actual numbers, you'll see that Obama's actually doing quite well, and his popularity drop is a natural result of a poor economy, thanks to his predecessor...

...just like Reagan.

And, just like Reagan, as the economy continues to improve, so will Obama's popularity.

Last edited:
LWC makes a fine correlation between the beginning year of Obama and Reagan's administrations, offers credible fact and evidence, makes some reasonable-standard conclusions and projections.

I suggest highly that you wingnuts study :lol: Learn to Speak Tea Bag | Mark Fiore's Animated Cartoon Site. This will help you at least the rest of us who retain our sanity.

Come on, fringies, give us a laugh. :lol:

foxfyre, this was addressed above and correlated with Reagan's polling numbers. Really, you should opine on that, before ignoring it. Or are you trying to confuse a discussion in which you are falling behind?

Forum List

Back