Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

You're spinning as usual...

Including ANY "outliers" in an average skews the data, especially when the majority of "outliers" favors your 0ssiah...

Try to be intellectually honest for once in your fat, useless life....

Rasmussen doesn't ask the same questions. You can't put a completely different poll in a poll average.

none of them ask the same questions, numbnuts

CNN - Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president?

Quinnipiac - Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as President?

None of who asks what??? lol

Of course left wing fisters forget- his "best" is still bad- so yeah he is not as negative

We still how well that worked for Carter
:eusa_shhh:

And none on neotrotsky's drivel means anything other than being mad that our party lost the election.

Sorry, Papa Obama is still negative

The truth is hard for nutroot fisters

How do you what party if any I belong to or
for that matter-
let guess you probably even what race I am as well
:eusa_pray:

You're an idiot. Is that a party? If so then that's yours.

You forgot to highlight the main point from there:

These are the President’s best ratings since before Thanksgiving

Dang! If you believed the wingtards over the last month and a half you'd have bet money that Obama's rating had plunged...

...then again, if you believe the wingtards, you deserve to lose your money.

Of course left wing fisters forget- his "best" is still bad- so yeah he is not as negative

His approval is right where Reagan's was after a year. How did that work out for Reagan, genius?

Context, neodrivel, context. He is far more popular than our GOP is with the American people who hate it for what it did to them and America in this decade.

Context JakeFister

If the election was held today- he would lose

Good thing the election is not today

Not at all. He would win by a larger % than in 2008 because the American electorate hates our party more than they disapprove of him, and, in fact, in popularity, he polls very well. Sorry, neodrivel, you are losing an unwinnable premise.

You forgot to highlight the main point from there:

These are the President’s best ratings since before Thanksgiving

Dang! If you believed the wingtards over the last month and a half you'd have bet money that Obama's rating had plunged...

...then again, if you believe the wingtards, you deserve to lose your money.

His approval is right where Reagan's was after a year. How did that work out for Reagan, genius?

In words of Lloyd Bentsen:

"I served with Ronald Reagan. I knew Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan was a friend of mine. Papa Obama, you're no Ronald Reagan.

Carter was higher at this point than Papa Obama- how did that work out genius?

for that matter-

I'm not really sure what any of that post really means, but here is a comparison for you all from Gallup:

pr040607ii.gif

As you can see, Reagan's poll numbers for the second year of his presidency, which is what Obama is starting now, averaged 43%.

They didn't pick up again until after the Reagan recovery actually started, 2 1/2 years after he took office.

But hey, I guess Reagan was a terrible president in your views, right?

"I served with Ronald Reagan. I knew Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan was a friend of mine. Papa Obama, you're no Ronald Reagan.

Lloyd Bensten, really? LOL.

But as you can see from my prior post, as far as popularity is concerned, Obama IS a Ronald Reagan.

:lol::lol::lol:

for that matter-

I'm not really sure what any of that post really means, but here is a comparison for you all from Gallup:

pr040607ii.gif

As you can see, Reagan's poll numbers for the second year of his presidency, which is what Obama is starting now, averaged 43%.

They didn't pick up again until after the Reagan recovery actually started, 2 1/2 years after he took office.

But hey, I guess Reagan was a terrible president in your views, right?

All well enough Vast LWC, except Reagan's method of correcting the economy was something sustainable. Tax changes and the like. Obama has used a stimulus plan which has almost no benefit beyond the next two quarters. To me it is the difference between repairing the carburator (Reagan) and spraying some ether in the carburator (Obama).

You're refuting your own point and don't even know you're doing it.

very amusing.

All well enough Vast LWC, except Reagan's method of correcting the economy was something sustainable. Tax changes and the like. Obama has used a stimulus plan which has almost no benefit beyond the next two quarters. To me it is the difference between repairing the carburator (Reagan) and spraying some ether in the carburator (Obama).

According to the Laffer curve, the gold standard of Republican economic thought, current tax levels are responsible for a massive drain on revenue, causing our current budget deficit.

Further tax cuts would be insane.

In addition, if you remember correctly, Reagan was forced to raise taxes again soon after lowering them. In fact, he raised taxes 6 of the eight years he was in office.

And it took Reagan 2 1/2 years to get the economy back under control after he took office, so you do the math.

According to the Laffer curve, the gold standard of Republican economic thought, current tax levels are responsible for a massive drain on revenue, causing our current budget deficit.

In addition, if you remember correctly, Reagan was forced to raise taxes again soon after lowering them. In fact, he raised taxes 6 of the eight years he was in office.

And it took Reagan 2 1/2 years to get the economy back under control after he took office, so you do the math.

Tax cuts a massive drain on revenue. :lol: Our deficit, any deficit, is caused by over spending. Obama has unleashed major increases in spending. This is going to be an epic fail.

In 1980 the top marginal rate was 70%. What was the top marginal rate when Reagan left office?

Where do you get the idea that we are on the left side of the Laffer curve? Just asking for a source for that information, as I have never heard anyone say that before.

Tax cuts a massive drain on revenue. :lol: Our deficit, any deficit, is caused by over spending. Obama has unleashed major increases in spending. This is going to be an epic fail.

The deficit is caused by a lack of revenue combined with over spending.

If you wish to cut spending, the Military, Medicare, Social Security, and interest on the debt from previous Republican administrations make up 90% of the budget.

So which one are you planning on cutting?

Obviously it can't be interest on the debt. So, will you cut the Military, Medicare, or Social Security?

In 1980 the top marginal rate was 70%. What was the top marginal rate when Reagan left office?

Where do you get the idea that we are on the left side of the Laffer curve? Just asking for a source for that information, as I have never heard anyone say that before.

That's only the top marginal rate.

Middle class taxes were not cut, and payroll taxes went UP.

And the deficit increased by 4 Trillion unadjusted dollars.

The only people who actually had their taxes lowered were the very rich.

As far as why I say we are on the left side of the Laffer Curve, just check tax revenue in relation to the GDP. If your familiar with the Laffer curve, you'll see the problem right away.

In addition, one must add in the effect of 11 Trillion dollars in supposed wealth that disappeared instantly in the bursting of the housing bubble. Wealth that never really existed in the first place. Tax receipts were based on the supposition that that wealth actually existed.

:cuckoo:

The deficit is caused by a lack of revenue combined with over spending.

If you wish to cut spending, the Military, Medicare, Social Security, and interest on the debt from previous Republican administrations make up 90% of the budget.

So which one are you planning on cutting?

Obviously it can't be interest on the debt. So, will you cut the Military, Medicare, or Social Security?

No, deficits are from over spending period. Social Security and Medicare should be funded from their own tax (which we already have). They should live within that revenue. Raiding it was a mistake. End the involvement in two wars should help the military budget. Stay away from health care expansion. Review all federal projects and eliminate as many pork projects as possible.

No, deficits are from over spending period. Social Security and Medicare should be funded from their own tax (which we already have). They should live within that revenue. Raiding it was a mistake. End the involvement in two wars should help the military budget. Stay away from health care expansion. Review all federal projects and eliminate as many pork projects as possible.

OK, a deficit, by definition, is the disparity between incoming revenue (taxes) and outgoing spending.

Unfortunately, thanks to Republican administrations, the Social Security fund has already been raided to the point of insolvency.

Compounding that issue are the undeniable facts that: 1) people are living longer lives, and 2) the generation that is currently going into retirement didn't have as many children as their predecessors. This creates an overpopulation of SS and Medicare recipients without enough revenue to pay for it.

Meaning that the only ways to fix the deficit are:

1. Raising the retirement age to 75

2. Decreasing SS and Medicare benefits.

3. Decreasing military spending dramatically.

or

4. Raising taxes.

You can talk about cutting other spending all you want, but cutting spending in other areas, while helpful, will hardly put a dent in the deficit.

Last edited:

:cuckoo:

Eagle, you just got plucked.

Forum List

Back