Daily trivia Tournament

Well, I would have, but I had to log out and couldn't log back in.

So now I'm shut out of our usual game too.

Tried to get it to send a new password to my email address but it said no user had that email address.

:dunno:

Tried to get it to send a new password to my email address but it said no user had that email address.

try again... good luck...

Holy crap, I didn't know I knew most of these answers. Quiz was rated 5, difficult.

Calculating your score..

Questions correct: 9 / 10
You took 100 seconds to complete this quiz.
Total score: 800

Holy crap, I didn't know I knew most of these answers. Quiz was rated 5, difficult.

Calculating your score..

Questions correct: 9 / 10
You took 100 seconds to complete this quiz.
Total score: 800

keep coming back...

the more you play, the better you get...

I'll check Admin settings to see if I can help

brb

Can't even see your e-mail addy to help, Amelia.

I feel awful
:(

You don't save cookies?

Can't even see your e-mail addy to help, Amelia.

I feel awful
:(

You don't save cookies?

I mostly save cookies. That would be why our game remembered who I was and I didn't have to re-login, right?

So since I didn't have to use my password I guess I musta forgotten which one I chose. Tried some of my standards but nothing worked. I'll try again in a bit. Maybe I jotted it down in a notebook.

I got my password reset and was able to log back in to our game.

I tried to get to the other game, got the instruction to log out and log back in, tried to log back in and got the message about my username or password being invalid.

But I was still able to log back in to our game again, so I guess I'll be sticking with that one.

I got snagged today by two poorly crafted questions without any good answer.

One had an answer which probably wrong (Wiki said it was wrong) and at best obscure - not a level 5 question IMHO.

I tried to submit a correction but the link took me to a page which said I had to be logged in and I didn't see a place to log in. I was of course already logged in to play the game.

so :dunno:

I got snagged today by two poorly crafted questions without any good answer.

One had an answer which probably wrong (Wiki said it was wrong) and at best obscure - not a level 5 question IMHO.

I tried to submit a correction but the link took me to a page which said I had to be logged in and I didn't see a place to log in. I was of course already logged in to play the game.

so :dunno:

What were the questions and answers, Steph...?

One was one of those questions about quizzes. It was ironic. Because it was about what to do if you spot a spelling error in a quiz question. I might have gotten the "right" answer if I was willing to spend another minute reading all the wordy options and making sure I checked which category the question came from. But it would still have been the wrong answer because it wasn't anything I could actually do if I spotted an error.

The 2nd question was: "What famous poem did Samuel Taylor Coleridge publish in 1797."

A typical level five quiz question would simply require the player to recognize which of the four poems was written by Coleridge, not know the publication date! no?

But in any case, none of the poems was published in 1797 according to Wiki. Well, I don't actually remember all four options. Just the one I picked, Kubla Khan, and the one they said was the right answer, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

According to Wiki, Kubla Khan was written in 1797 but was published in 1816.

Wiki says The Rime of the Ancient Mariner was written in 1797–98 and was published in 1798.

So ... eneeway ... maybe it's just me, but questions about the precise year of publication of multiple poems by the same 18th century poet seems considerably more difficult than usual for our quiz! And the asker apparently got it wrong too!

Edit: I see other sources saying it was written in 1797, but yet another saying it was finished in 1798.

To turn to the third term in my title, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. The ballad was probably begun on the ‘dark and cloudy evening’ of 13 November 1797 and finished on 23 March 1798 and subsequently published in September of that year in the collaborative volume Lyrical Ballads.

Coleridge, the French Revolution and the Ancient Mariner

:lol: I'm glad when the quizzes are educational but this is ridiculimous! Well, now I know way more about Coleridge than I did last week. :lol:

Last edited:
One was one of those questions about quizzes. It was ironic. Because it was about what to do if you spot a spelling error in a quiz question. I might have gotten the "right" answer if I was willing to spend another minute reading all the wordy options and making sure I checked which category the question came from. But it would still have been the wrong answer because it wasn't anything I could actually do if I spotted an error.

The 2nd question was: "What famous poem did Samuel Taylor Coleridge publish in 1797."

A typical level five quiz question would simply require the player to recognize which of the four poems was written by Coleridge, not know the publication date! no?

But in any case, none of the poems was published in 1797 according to Wiki. Well, I don't actually remember all four options. Just the one I picked, Kubla Khan, and the one they said was the right answer, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

According to Wiki, Kubla Khan was written in 1797 but was published in 1816.

Wiki says The Rime of the Ancient Mariner was written in 1797–98 and was published in 1798.

So ... eneeway ... maybe it's just me, but questions about the precise year of publication of multiple poems by the same 18th century poet seems considerably more difficult than usual for our quiz! And the asker apparently got it wrong too!

Edit: I see other sources saying it was written in 1797, but yet another saying it was finished in 1798.

To turn to the third term in my title, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. The ballad was probably begun on the ‘dark and cloudy evening’ of 13 November 1797 and finished on 23 March 1798 and subsequently published in September of that year in the collaborative volume Lyrical Ballads.

Coleridge, the French Revolution and the Ancient Mariner

:lol: I'm glad when the quizzes are educational but this is ridiculimous! Well, now I know way more about Coleridge than I did last week. :lol:

in the words of our favorite bird-dog president, "ah feel yer pain..."

and, yeah... sometimes the questions suck... but you nonetheless usually do learn sumpin' from 'em...

I would have made Obama proud.

I missed the question about how many states are in the U.S.

I've been trying to do a quick visual check when I click the answer to make sure my selections take hold, but I guess I didn't pay close enough attention on that one.

Forum List

Back