Darden announces sale of Red Lobster

you certainly didn't whine about dems eating there....you bashed the right for eating there luddly, you don't fool anyone

And in a completely separate and unrelated question, no, I did not "bash the right for eating there".

Here's what I actually wrote -

The aging tee potty types think of RL and OG as fine dining and the menus reflect the obesity/diabetes epidemic.

And they sure as hell don't care if their server is getting shafted. If reading here is any indication, they like knowing that the giant corporation is screwing over the help.

Get it?

why didn't you bash dems luddly?

you don't fool anyone

You have a sloppy lazy mind Yurt.

You're always in such a big hurry to troll, you make stupid mistakes and then have to make more accusations to hide behind.

You would be a lot happier if you stayed in the Taunting Area.

and yet you trolled this thread by bashing only the right for eating at red lobster...all i did was call you on it and now you're whining i'm the one taunting? lmao.

you just had to bash the right for eating at red lobster. you can't help but bash your political opponents no matter what the topic is. swallow your own advice or alter your posting style.

and yet you trolled this thread by bashing only the right for eating at red lobster...all i did was call you on it and now you're whining i'm the one taunting? lmao.

you just had to bash the right for eating at red lobster. you can't help but bash your political opponents no matter what the topic is. swallow your own advice or alter your posting style.

... he said, once again proving that he has a sloppy, lazy mind.

For the last time, here's what I really wrote -

The aging tee potty types think of RL and OG as fine dining and the menus reflect the obesity/diabetes epidemic.

And they sure as hell don't care if their server is getting shafted. If reading here is any indication, they like knowing that the giant corporation is screwing over the help.

Show me where I wrote "only repblicans eat there [sic]" and where I "bash[ed] the right for eating at red lobster".

Take all the time you need.

take all the time you need in failing to explain why you only bashed the right for eating there....

troll

I've fed it to you and you still don't get it. You keep making the same mistake, over and over again.

Okay, I give up.

Last edited:
Republicans believe
Whenever someone on a message board starts a post like this, you can save time and just dismiss the entire thing as some idiot putting a strawman out there with an extremist opinion that they couldn't attribute to anyone else on the forum actually holding.

Why do those with a lack of cognitive thinking ALWAYS come out with the "straw-man" argument?

I hope they aren't Gulf lobster. I've read about crabs without claws, shrimp without eyes, dolphins without teeth. I've heard about children who play in the water getting blisters.

I still can't believe Republicans protected BP from investigation. And they claim they are "patriots". How is that possible?

SENATE GOP UNDERCUTS BP PROBE

The commission can't get answers without subpoena power, and Congress has routinely extended subpoena power to related commissions -- including panels investigating the JFK assassination, the Three Mile Island disaster, and the 9/11 attacks. And yet, Senate Republicans yesterday blocked the authority for the BP commission, and wouldn't say why.
---------------------------------------------------
And USMB Republicans are fine with that. In fact, they applaud it.

I don't understand why the 'Feudal times were the best of times' constitutionalists are pro a company called BRITISH PETROLEUM......

Republicans believe
Whenever someone on a message board starts a post like this, you can save time and just dismiss the entire thing as some idiot putting a strawman out there with an extremist opinion that they couldn't attribute to anyone else on the forum actually holding.

Why do those with a lack of cognitive thinking ALWAYS come out with the "straw-man" argument?

it wasn't a strawman, you did in fact say

Many other restaurants that attract mainly the middle-class have grown rapidly over the past decade.

The 2013 Restaurant Growth Index | Restaurant Business
Nielsen tracked a $3.8 billion dip in total industry sales last year, a rollercoaster drop from the increase in sales of $17.5 billion reported in last year’s RGI. That uptick in 2011 helped fuel the significant jump in the number of restaurants we’re now seeing: an increase of 47,161 units (as opposed to the almost 16,000 unit drop reported last year). But with more restaurants opening, we’re seeing per-unit sales dropping: a 7 percent decline from $719,276 down to $666,116. Likewise, we’re seeing restaurant sales dropping year-over-year by $24 per capita (from $1,533 to $1,509), despite a .07 percent rise in average per capita income.

What a difference a year and one month can make?? ObamaCare's effect on businesses had not been felt as fully, a year ago. And I wasn't including fast-food places when I made my post.

Also, from your link:

The 2013 RGI—compiled for Restaurant Business by Nielsen, a global provider of information and insights into what consumers watch and buy—shows weakening restaurant sales, but more restaurants—a volatile combination.

Since ACA is fully subsidized for businesses, and subsidized for individuals if the expense is 9.5 percent or more of gross pay.....what's your point?

it wasn't a strawman, you did in fact say

So Republicans don't want to deny health care to millions – Screw children, the elderly and everyone in between. Every once in a while you’ve got to thin out the herd?

Seafood consumption has tanked because BP poisoned the gulf & Fukashima radiated the pacific.

us-per-capita-seafood-consumption.jpg
Where does it say anything about poisoning? Maybe it because seafood has greatly increased in price? You can buy steak cheaper.

Why did seafood price greatly increase?

- Seafood population is down & continues to fall.
- Seafood harvest is down & continues to fall.
- Seafood prices are up.
- Ocean toxicity is up.
- Seafood consumer contamination worries are up.
- Seafood consumption is down.

Seafood consumption has tanked because BP poisoned the gulf & Fukashima radiated the pacific.

us-per-capita-seafood-consumption.jpg
Where does it say anything about poisoning? Maybe it because seafood has greatly increased in price? You can buy steak cheaper.

Why did seafood price greatly increase?

- Seafood population is down & continues to fall.
- Seafood harvest is down & continues to fall.
- Seafood prices are up.
- Ocean toxicity is up.
- Seafood consumer contamination worries are up.
- Seafood consumption is down.
Circular reasoning in action.

When you start a restaurant targeted on a price-point market and your raw material costs push you above what the tarted "audience" is willing to spend then you fail.

Labor cost is a factor, true, but in these cases food costs have skyrocketed and pay packets (for the customers) haven't.

Many restaurants, that attract mainly the middle-class will fold, just as the middle-class is doing.

It does seem the right is winning their war against the middle class but don't despair - Obama continues to fight for equality. :D

And damn near as hard as the Community Agitator-in-chief is fighting to shoot par.

Speaking only for my family, seafood is off the menu because it has been priced off. Fishing season is about to start but already there are restrictions and area closures for average-person use to bolster quotas for commercial fishers.

When you start a restaurant targeted on a price-point market and your raw material costs push you above what the tarted "audience" is willing to spend then you fail.

Labor cost is a factor, true, but in these cases food costs have skyrocketed and pay packets (for the customers) haven't.

Because of Republicans, 'pay packets' are decreasing. Which is the point of the thread.

Shouldn't labor be labour?

More "one-percenter" gobble-d-gook.

It must be tough going through life with a BRAIN that is "one percent" the size of a normal human brain. Do you have to wear a protective helmet?

Many restaurants, that attract mainly the middle-class will fold, just as the middle-class is doing.

It does seem the right is winning their war against the middle class but don't despair - Obama continues to fight for equality. :D

What has Obama done? So far he has inequality in pay in his office. He has not allowed the large government to collective bargain for many federal employees. He and his wife support Walmart because of the "healthier" food they sell. Most of the jobs created during his tenure is low wage jobs that require people to work two jobs. Obamacare has put an added burden of stress in higher insurance costs. Then he exempted businesses for this year, for political reasons, which in turn created another added burden for the middle class. We also have added taxes which often get pushed on to the middle class.

If he keeps fighting for equality, the middle class will be gone soon.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Forum List

Back