Darden announces sale of Red Lobster

Speaking only for my family, seafood is off the menu because it has been priced off. Fishing season is about to start but already there are restrictions and area closures for average-person use to bolster quotas for commercial fishers.

We used to eat fish often, however now we eat it every 2-3 months and I won't go to a seafood restaurant, way too expensive.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Red Lobster has been in a death spiral for years. It's all over but the funeral march. I realized that they were in trouble about 15 years ago, when they started advertising their dishes on television, filmed with a telephoto lens, in which they were trying to make their popcorn shrimp look like giant sea monsters. Olive Garden does not have a chance, either. Nobody wants a giant plate of pasta with some heavy duty calorie cream sauce, with 2 ozs. of protein.

hell its not even giant anymore.

Seriously being from New England, Red lobster is shit.

Being from anyplace close to the ocean, Red Lobster is shit. If one hunts around locally it is very possible to find a good seafood restaurant that isn't supplied by Sysco and where the fish on the dinner plate was still swimming that morning.

This will suck for Red Lobster, but if someone wants seafood, look locally.

FARMED Salmon is $18/lb at our local market.

Seafood has spiked up in price...as have meat and poultry. But the gubmint tells us that inflation is 1.5%.

As if.
Salmon has also spiked in popularity, driving up costs.

Beef is up because of the severe drought in the West. Chicken has gone up only slightly.

Whats left? Rat on a stick? Pull your head outta your ass

Synthaholic took a salmon poll at the retard academy yesterday, hence his suggestion that it's more popular. They gave him extra credit for his extra effort since he went above & beyond his usual connect the dots assignment

Red Lobster is a poor man's rich restaurant. If I am going to drop money for restaurant food, it won't be for mediocrity.

Casual dining is in some serious trouble.

Americans have been told for decades, in cheery voiceovers, that inexpensive sit-down meals at national chains meant “Eating good in the neighborhood,” where “It’s always Friday.” Every mall or major intersection was given a Chili’s, an Olive Garden or an Applebee’s – sometimes all three.

Yet the casual-dining industry has largely worn out its welcome. Customer traffic to these restaurants has declined in nine of the past 13 years, according to retail-research firm Black Box Intelligence. Even as the U.S. economy began healing and consumer spending recovered, beginning in 2010, same-store sales were stagnant, based on Black Box estimates.

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/mich...pt-to-changing-consumer-tastes-203955971.html

I would look to see a lot of the box restaurants closing in the future.

FARMED Salmon is $18/lb at our local market.

Seafood has spiked up in price...as have meat and poultry. But the gubmint tells us that inflation is 1.5%.

As if.
Salmon has also spiked in popularity, driving up costs.

Beef is up because of the severe drought in the West. Chicken has gone up only slightly.

Whats left? Rat on a stick? Pull your head outta your ass
Pork, lamb, turkey, hens, quail, duck, veal, ... do I need to go on, dumbass?

Synthaholic took a salmon poll at the retard academy yesterday, hence his suggestion that it's more popular. They gave him extra credit for his extra effort since he went above & beyond his usual connect the dots assignment

You really are a dope:

Price jump threatens to make salmon a luxury buy

Sushi's growing popularity, and increasing awareness of salmon as a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, is behind the rise in demand.

"There has been a shift on the demand side," says Klaus Hatlebrekke, chief operating officer at Norway Royal Salmon, a fish farming group.

It's called supply and demand, dope.

Forum List

Back