David Duke Considering Run for Congress

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
NEW ORLEANS -- Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, in federal prison after pleading guilty to mail and tax fraud, is considering a run for Congress when he is released this year, his secretary said Friday.

Roy Armstrong said Duke is considering entering the race for the seat of Republican Rep. David Vitter. In 1999, Duke finished third in the primary for that seat.

Armstrong said Duke could be released to a halfway house in mid-April, a year after he began his prison term.

"He was skeptical that he would be able to raise the money to run an effective campaign in time, but he said he would consider his options," Armstrong said in an interview with The Associated Press.

Duke, whose telephone privileges are limited, could not be reached for comment.

The seat probably will be open because Vitter has said he is running for U.S. Senate.

Duke would not be the first convicted felon to run for federal office. For example, James Traficant, a former Ohio congressman convicted of bribery and racketeering charges, unsuccessfully ran for a House seat from prison in 2002.

The plea agreement Duke signed in 2002 did not restrict his right to run for office, U.S. Attorney Jim Letten said.

Duke spent one term in the Louisiana House in the late 1980s, but lost elections for the U.S. Senate in 1990 and governor in 1991.

In his federal trial, Duke was accused of bilking supporters by representing himself as being in dire financial straits while actually living extravagantly. Duke denied the accusations.

http://www.newsday.com/news/politic...34,print.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines

Duke, whatever his faults, has my full support. One of the few white men in America to stand up for his people. For that, he was rewarded with jail. Gee, wonder who REALLY controls this country? Go, David Duke! Real Americans are behind you.

I voted for him once I think I would vote for him again depending on his other contenders in the race !!

Look when I voted for him it was between Duke & Edwin Edwards our 4 term past governor who is now in jail !!

Now we have a DEMONCRATIC woman who don't know what the hell she is doing !!

1. I would have a problem voting for a convicted felon

2. I would not want to have a congressman that would not represent everyone in his district the same.

3. once a racist always a racist, until proven otherwise

:cof:

Well Jon, this is Louisiana and 98% of the politicians here are convicted felons !! Not much of a choice !!

...David Duke, liar, thief and racist...He's hit the trifecta. What's one more fatally flawed character amongst those already on Capitol Hill?

Duke is a somewhat honest politcian ( if possible) lets face it if ya look into anyones past ya have thinga ya arent proud of. His past to some may be wrong , but to me it is better than most cause he has shown he will say what he thinks . I see Jesse Jackson ( who admits to spitting in white ppl's food as a young man) was going to run for office, Al Sharpton...lol... wow what a idiot he is , anyone remember the central park jogger? I do , & I also remember ol Al saying maybe the white bitch deserved it !!! Now he is running ( or at least trying) So lets not bash Duke if we allow others to run!!!
Duke in '04
Jeff

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
An oxymoron, and those who cling so fearfully to their racist ideologies are simply morons.

And only idiots are afraid to face reality.

It never ceases to amaze me how:

1. liberals who decry the criminal justice system for being prejudiced agaist poor people and minorities use a criminal conviction of one who is not as proof that that person is bad.

2. conservatives who stick up for the criminal justice system in the face of #1's attacks, then say they don't care if a white, rich person is convicted criminal.

3. both sides forget that whether the person was convicted rightly or fairly, convicted criminals once out of prison have done their duty. One they are set free, no one should use their status against them. If you don't like it, change the law so that they aren't out of prison then.

LOL.......a moron..lol.. yes bully boy if you say so....lmao....to me it is a bit more than name calling....but if ya must lets...lol
See bully boy it is you that is an asshole... see it is ppl like you that go thru life with blinders on that make ppl like me feel the way I do!!
You say Duke is a liar ( which you are probably right) but then again I am sure ya liked Clinton ( who surley never lied) ....LOL... To be honest with ya I think most in office are liars to some degree... But to call someone a Moron cause you go threw life with blinders on is just plain stupid.... I noticed ya didnt comment on the other liar Al Sharpton.... I am sure this is cause ya had your blinders on when all the central park jogger stuff went down!!! I dont know you but I would be willing to bet that you would of been with Sharpton & the other brothers as they high fived & yelled they got whitey!!!!!
So ya see bb I just have no use for idiots like you !!!!
Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff & Laura
LOL.......a moron..lol.. yes bully boy if you say so....lmao....to me it is a bit more than name calling....but if ya must lets...lol
See bully boy it is you that is an asshole... see it is ppl like you that go thru life with blinders on that make ppl like me feel the way I do!!
You say Duke is a liar ( which you are probably right) but then again I am sure ya liked Clinton ( who surley never lied) ....LOL... To be honest with ya I think most in office are liars to some degree... But to call someone a Moron cause you go threw life with blinders on is just plain stupid.... I noticed ya didnt comment on the other liar Al Sharpton.... I am sure this is cause ya had your blinders on when all the central park jogger stuff went down!!! I dont know you but I would be willing to bet that you would of been with Sharpton & the other brothers as they high fived & yelled they got whitey!!!!!
So ya see bb I just have no use for idiots like you !!!!
Jeff

Point one: Bill Clinton has the morals of a goat.

Point two: Al Sharpton should have been a pimp.

Point three: "So ya see bb I just have no use for idiots like you !!!!" And so why haven't you removed yourself from the gene pool yet?

LMAO...seems you need to remove yourself ...lol...but as we learned before , you like men so we dont need worry about you reproducing...lol... As for point 3 well you are bb...(or were)..lmao so yes I agree remove yourself you idiot!!!!
Bye bye Bull shit
Jeff

Originally posted by Moi
It never ceases to amaze me how:

1. liberals who decry the criminal justice system for being prejudiced agaist poor people and minorities use a criminal conviction of one who is not as proof that that person is bad.

2. conservatives who stick up for the criminal justice system in the face of #1's attacks, then say they don't care if a white, rich person is convicted criminal.

3. both sides forget that whether the person was convicted rightly or fairly, convicted criminals once out of prison have done their duty. One they are set free, no one should use their status against them. If you don't like it, change the law so that they a
ren't out of prison then.

The problem I am having with Mr.Duke running[?] for any office is this, once a person is convicted of a FELONY they loss the right to vote,meaning to me that they have no say in how things are to be ran goverenment wise. If any felon is elected to any office in the government wouldnt they now have a say in things? yes they wiould! now If I am looking at things slightly screwed up please enlighten me. I do know that the only way to get the right to vote back is by clemincy[sp] for the governer or by the current Pres, usually this is after a lenthy parole.

Forum List

Back