De Blasio Announces ‘Meatless Mondays’ In NYC Public Schools Because Of Climate Change

Incorrect
Scientific Consensus | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Americans should eat less red meat, period. The production of red meat does create more green house gases than other forms of agriculture. A reduction demand for this resource could be helpful.

The Meat Question, by the Numbers

Or, it's pie in the sky. Just the same, not sure why it's a big deal, you probably don't want to provide low income kids with a free lunch anyway.

That should be a choice, not government fiat.
still a choice - bring a sammich from home.

For some people it's not an option. I don't feel the need to force poor people to accept conditions like this for a good meal.
i understand your concern but typically making a lunch has been cheaper than buying at the school. how many people really can't make their own lunch?

maybe we can bring back the cheese pizzas made of cardboard from the 70s and they can opt in for some pepperoni chunks to put on them if they'd like. :)

I didn't get those in school, I got them at the roller rink for birthday parties in the early 80's.

Your choice of obviously frozen pizza, or a hot dog. Good times.

I went to a catholic school, no free lunches, actually no lunch. bring your own, or go home for lunch.
sacred heart elem here. we had the punch cards you bought for food and milk. i remember the teachers lining up the cards on the chalkboard for you to get and they took them back when lunch was over so you didn't lose them.

but you did have to buy the cards. if it's a "free" lunch then i can sorta better understand your point, but it's still "free".

For some people it's not an option. I don't feel the need to force poor people to accept conditions like this for a good meal.
i understand your concern but typically making a lunch has been cheaper than buying at the school. how many people really can't make their own lunch?

maybe we can bring back the cheese pizzas made of cardboard from the 70s and they can opt in for some pepperoni chunks to put on them if they'd like. :)

I didn't get those in school, I got them at the roller rink for birthday parties in the early 80's.

Your choice of obviously frozen pizza, or a hot dog. Good times.

I went to a catholic school, no free lunches, actually no lunch. bring your own, or go home for lunch.
sacred heart elem here. we had the punch cards you bought for food and milk. i remember the teachers lining up the cards on the chalkboard for you to get and they took them back when lunch was over so you didn't lose them.

but you did have to buy the cards. if it's a "free" lunch then i can sorta better understand your point, but it's still "free".

Hmmm.. maybe some kids did get lunch, but I honestly don't remember it.

I was a lunchbox kid from grades 1-5, then brownbag from 5-8. High school was brown bag or there was a pay for it cafeteria.

No, scientists believe the climate is changing, but no evidence that man has anything to do with that. The climate has been changing since God made the place. It's actually natural.

Incorrect

The Mayor saying kids can't be served meat for one day a week because he thinks he's saving the world is about as far fetched as a Mayor saying kids should not eat meat on Friday during lent so their soul can be saved. It's simply a belief one should keep to themselves. But we all know how Democrats love to take away choice. Choice means freedom, and Democrats hate freedom.

Americans should eat less red meat, period. The production of red meat does create more green house gases than other forms of agriculture. A reduction demand for this resource could be helpful.

Or, it's pie in the sky. Just the same, not sure why it's a big deal, you probably don't want to provide low income kids with a free lunch anyway.

Agree, nobody is forcing kids to be vegetarians one measly day a week. It's right wing hysteria that this thread even exists.
well the stance is stupid from the school. but it's a "workable" stupid if you will if tried to there and force kids to drink carrot juice from a paper straw and not allow them to bring their own lunch it's a bigger issue.

we just seem to need to bitch and whine about everything as a culture these days.

Bascially it's not some authoritarian plot or scheme which is what the lame OP is trying to make out of it.

Morons, the lot of you.

Incorrect

Agree, nobody is forcing kids to be vegetarians one measly day a week. It's right wing hysteria that this thread even exists.
well the stance is stupid from the school. but it's a "workable" stupid if you will if tried to there and force kids to drink carrot juice from a paper straw and not allow them to bring their own lunch it's a bigger issue.

we just seem to need to bitch and whine about everything as a culture these days.

Bascially it's not some authoritarian plot or scheme which is what the lame OP is trying to make out of it.

Morons, the lot of you.
well it's not as bad as it sounds, no. but it is pretty friggin stupid to base what you serve for lunch around global warming fears.

That's funny considering the NSLP was implemented because the Army wanted fit bodies to make soldiers with, not malnourished ones.

Pack a lunch kids.

I usually took my own lunch in elementary school. I ate a lot of bacon and roast beef sandwiches that way.

I guess these days I would take two on Mondays. One to eat, and one to sell. :113:
I really don’t remember many eating at the cafeteria. Not the governments job to feed kids.

Then why you bitching about what they are serving?
they are serving indoctrination. did you miss that statement? just wondering if you read.

"Meatless Monday" in New York.

My home here in Florida just had 100K added to its price.

Oh yeah, there is going to be a mass exodus from NY City because the school cafeteria will not serve meat one day a week!

Are you really this stupid or is it just an act?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Indoctrination of children is the Marxist way.

Child cruelty sending your kid to public schools.

De Blasio to make Mondays meat-free in schools

seems a pretty minor thing to be whining about.

So you have no problem with the government telling us what we can eat, hmmm... tell us again what a big libertarian you are.

It's a local policy subject to change, if even implemented, if the parents/voters don't like it, it will change. Like the Big Cup ban.

So you have no problem with the government telling us what we can eat, hmmm... tell us again what a big libertarian you are.

What grade are you in? Do you eat in the cafeteria every day or just some?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The government is not telling anyone what they can eat. Fuck, are you really that stupid.

If you want meat on Monday's, you bring your own Ham and Cheese sandwich.

I guess by your logic the government telling them what they can eat every single day since the government sets the menu for the school lunch.

Not true. The government has never been responsible in making decisions for school lunches, until now.

The feds can only set nutritional guidelines that schools who participate in the NSLP must follow. It certainly is not require that they participate but, since school cafeterias have become profit centers for school districts, they would be foolish to leave that money on the table. We're talking about big reimbursement checks from Uncle Sam.

It's a local policy subject to change, if even implemented, if the parents/voters don't like it, it will change. Like the Big Cup ban.
whoa, you can't tell that mthr fkr anything, he is fking god. did you miss that? He declared it. him big chief mthr fkr.

LOL bovine farts.

Do you know the liberals take credit for fixing the "hole in the ozone?"

Remember when the "hole in the ozone" was the cause of THE global warming?

Do you know it has been declared that it is not there?

Soooooo.....

Now what?

Bovine farts.

LOL!!!!

Incorrect

Morons, the lot of you.

I think everyone recognizes it's minor, but the point is just pointing out the Democrat way. Creep slowly and incrementally into everyones life with just a little bit of indoctrination in every part of society, barely enough to notice. It's not about skipping meat one day a week. It's about Democrats wanting to insure that grade school kids will never ever question man made global warming. They want to instill in them that it is all a settled fact, when in reality, the science should always be questioned.

It's NYC. Might as well have an opinion on Brexit. LOL

But there's nothing to get the Trumpbots in a dither like NYC which btw is where ........

Forum List

Back