Death Penalty is Justified

If a mistake is made with somebody who is sentenced to prison for life-it can be corrected....it can't be if the person is executed. I don't trust the government enough to have them use the death penalty.

You can't be for smaller government and for the death penalty at the same time (at least without resolving tons of cognitive dissonance).
These shit bags on death row have been shit bags and gang bangers their whole lives. Put them down. If it's a mistake...oh well. You just put some of societies trash to the curb. If you are innocent...then why fear. You will go to Heaven.

-If your reaction to the government killing innocent is "oh well", I suggest that you're for big government and aren't behaving like a true Christian...you're not pro-life

-I have no have issues with people who are murderers being executed...my issue is that innocent get caught up in it in our system, and I have zero faith in the government overseeing it (and quite frankly why should anybody).

Do you really trust the government enough to decide who lives and who dies? I sure as hell don't.

Answer this question honestly: ou're all alone and five men are aiming guns at you...you wont have a hint of fear because you believe you'll be going to heaven? You're full of shit.
Life is unfair. Society...not government is putting these animals down. Government is part of social contract theory. The thinnest veil of government is best form of government, especially with a constitution that protects individuals rights.

If a mistake is made with somebody who is sentenced to prison for life-it can be corrected....it can't be if the person is executed. I don't trust the government enough to have them use the death penalty.

You can't be for smaller government and for the death penalty at the same time (at least without resolving tons of cognitive dissonance).
These shit bags on death row have been shit bags and gang bangers their whole lives. Put them down. If it's a mistake...oh well. You just put some of societies trash to the curb. If you are innocent...then why fear. You will go to Heaven.
Not always. Some of them were not criminals all of their life. Some didn't have any criminal records before they were sentenced to death. View attachment 125292
Well, that's the breaks of the game. If you are a Christian you know there is eternal life after our brief time on earth. If you are innocent God knows. They miniscule amount of innocent people on death row is not enough to stop the wheels of justice from turning.
Even if you're Christian you don't want to be executed for nothing ;)
And anyways what about those who are atheists and don't believe in any kind of eternal life? View attachment 125297
They will get close to God real quick in those last hours.

-If your reaction to the government killing innocent is "oh well", I suggest that you're for big government and aren't behaving like a true Christian...you're not pro-life

-I have no have issues with people who are murderers being executed...my issue is that innocent get caught up in it in our system, and I have zero faith in the government overseeing it (and quite frankly why should anybody).

Do you really trust the government enough to decide who lives and who dies? I sure as hell don't.

Answer this question honestly: ou're all alone and five men are aiming guns at you...you wont have a hint of fear because you believe you'll be going to heaven? You're full of shit.
Life is unfair. Society...not government is putting these animals down. Government is part of social contract theory. The thinnest veil of government is best form of government, especially with a constitution that protects individuals rights.

Government prosecutes them, and oversees the punishments. All citizens do is decide whether the person is guilty or not guilty.

Life is unfair--but that doesn't mean that as Christians we turn a blind eye to any injustice.

Not always. Some of them were not criminals all of their life. Some didn't have any criminal records before they were sentenced to death. View attachment 125292
Well, that's the breaks of the game. If you are a Christian you know there is eternal life after our brief time on earth. If you are innocent God knows. They infinitesimal amount of innocent people on death row is not enough to stop the wheels of justice from turning.

What are the "weeks" of justice? Just because I'm a Christian and believe I'm going to heaven (I ultimately don't know for a fact-as it's not my decision, nor is it yours)...that doesn't mean I don't want to live a long and productive life.

You're full of shit if you claim that you'd be ok with being on death row and were innocent.

You're also full of shit if you say that you wouldn't have a touch of fear if you were about to die.

Lastly, I would argue that anybody that is willing to overlook the death of innocents (no matter how few there might be), aren't acting Christ like by letting them die, even if it's just a consequence of being shrapnel.
If you knew that terrorist we're going to set off a nuke in a major city, and in order to take them out you knew innocent people were going to die, you would just let them blow up the city? American Justice system is not 100% perfect with regards to death penalty cases. But it is 99999999999.9999999999% right. I can sleep on that.

Government prosecutes them, and oversees the punishments. All citizens do is decide whether the person is guilty or not guilty.

Life is unfair--but that doesn't mean that as Christians we turn a blind eye to any injustice.
Nor should we ignore justice for the victims.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

The death penalty is a terrible burden on our country, and it must be abolished for numerous reasons.
It is an embarrassment to our nation
It is called "Justice."

It is not justice. Not at all.

I do not believe in coddling criminals, not at all, but the eradication of the death penalty does not do that. I know there are people who are, and who have been, on death row for a crime they did not commit. It is not cost efficient, nor is it a deterrent. There are lots of rotten people out there, and I think death is too good for some of them.

Here's the way I look at capital punishment.

From an emotional standpoint, how could you oppose it?

From a logical standpoint, how could you support it?

The death penalty is a terrible burden on our country, and it must be abolished for numerous reasons.
It is called "Justice."

I do not believe in coddling criminals, not at all, but the eradication of the death penalty does not do that. I know there are people who are, and who have been, on death row for a crime they did not commit. It is not cost efficient, nor is it a deterrent. There are lots of rotten people out there, and I think death is too good for some of them.

From a gut feeling.....Yea, toast them

But from a pragmatic position, Governments should be above that

It is called "Justice."

Man who spent decades on death row for 1988 Cleveland murder pleads guilty to lesser charges

This story sums up exactly why I oppose the death penalty. I would like to ask the members of this forum, both advocates and opponents, how they would like it if they were sentenced to death for a crime they didn't commit, especially if the prosecution withheld evidence during your trial.

The death penalty is inefficiently applied. The last time I saw someone claiming he was innocent put to death, he was demanding a new DNA test to see if it was his DNA at the crime scene. The test was administered after his death. It was an exact match. A guilty man was put to death.

There are times when there is really no question. In those cases, the penalty should be carried out as soon as possible. Especially when the killer enjoyed the act of killing. Put that virus down.

Last edited:

Life in prison is justice...especially since many of the murderers/pedophiles/rapists/etc. will be killed by other inmates.

Well, that's the breaks of the game. If you are a Christian you know there is eternal life after our brief time on earth. If you are innocent God knows. They infinitesimal amount of innocent people on death row is not enough to stop the wheels of justice from turning.

What are the "weeks" of justice? Just because I'm a Christian and believe I'm going to heaven (I ultimately don't know for a fact-as it's not my decision, nor is it yours)...that doesn't mean I don't want to live a long and productive life.

You're full of shit if you claim that you'd be ok with being on death row and were innocent.

You're also full of shit if you say that you wouldn't have a touch of fear if you were about to die.

Lastly, I would argue that anybody that is willing to overlook the death of innocents (no matter how few there might be), aren't acting Christ like by letting them die, even if it's just a consequence of being shrapnel.
If you knew that terrorist we're going to set off a nuke in a major city, and in order to take them out you knew innocent people were going to die, you would just let them blow up the city? American Justice system is not 100% perfect with regards to death penalty cases. But it is 99999999999.9999999999% right. I can sleep on that.

Of course we should bomb where the terrorist is-because it's saving the lives of others. Executing people doesn't save the lives of others-there's no comparison in your two scenarios.

The death penalty is inefficiently applied. The last time I saw someone claiming he was innocent put to death, he was demanding a new DNA test to see if it was his DNA at the crime scene. The test was administered after his death. It was an exact match. A guilty man was put to death.

There are times when there is really no question. In those cases, the penalty should be carried out as soon as possible. Especially when the killer enjoyed the act of killing. Put that virus down.

You're going to have that, yes, but I believe it is better to let a guilty person live than an innocent person die.

It is called "Justice."

So taxpayers supporting them for life is a "deterrent?" I would actually ramp up death penalty for other crimes. This way career criminals could be removed as a tax burden.

Life in prison is justice...especially since many of the murderers/pedophiles/rapists/etc. will be killed by other inmates.

Of course we should bomb where the terrorist is-because it's saving the lives of others. Executing people doesn't save the lives of others-there's no comparison in your two scenarios.
Your first scenario violates the 8th Amendment.

I would expand death penalty. Some people are beyond rehabilitation. Like these four savages.
4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

It is called "Justice."

Man who spent decades on death row for 1988 Cleveland murder pleads guilty to lesser charges

This story sums up exactly why I oppose the death penalty. I would like to ask the members of this forum, both advocates and opponents, how they would like it if they were sentenced to death for a crime they didn't commit, especially if the prosecution withheld evidence during your trial.
Prosecution fucked up his due process rights. Had they just carried forward...this turd would have been found guilty even with the suppressed exculpatory evidence.

When these inmates rock and squirm on the gurney when receiving lethal injection....it their fear of Satan's face. They are going down to hell when they struggle. Most have zero remorse. They are savages. Catches up to them on judgement day.

States Find Other Execution Methods After Difficulties With Lethal Injection

Will catch up to all of us. Do good to remember that if one gets all blood and fire about it.
nope not in anyway. it is in the bible. the whole eye for an eye. death for a death. Sorry, but you fail at your attempt to push your own morals my way.
Why does that Bible verse only support the justice system? Why am I not protected by that defense if I kill someone for the same reason?

Either it's morally wrong or it's not.

When these inmates rock and squirm on the gurney when receiving lethal injection....it their fear of Satan's face. They are going down to hell when they struggle. Most have zero remorse. They are savages. Catches up to them on judgement day.

States Find Other Execution Methods After Difficulties With Lethal Injection

God said that if man takes an innocent life, that he should forfeit his own life. That is good enough for me!

Where does it say that only the justice system can decide to whom that applies?

The United States completely abandoned the concept of punishment by penal system in the mid 20th century. It is now strictly based on the concept of rehabilitation, with the exception of the death penalty. That, in itself, makes the DP difficult to defend.

Dude come on....

Please.

I just want a straight answer.

Do you see all forms of punishment as an act of revenge? Or do you only see the death penalty in that way?

There is no right or wrong answer. I'm only asking about YOUR point of view as I never ran across that view before.

I thought that I made myself clear that I am conflicted over the whole issue. It is a matter that me, and my conscious, has not been able to completely resolve.

You are still answering a question I didn't ask and dodging the one I did ask.

Do you honestly not know if you view all forms of prison "punishments" as acts of revenge or not?
he will never answer your question. They don't feel they ever have to. They are above you intellectually as well as morally in their own mind. So you are but a piece of crap that they choose to include in a discussion for their own fun. again, they are but hypocritical human vermin. No morals.

JC, I am not impressed by your trolling.

He's a leg jumper.
pGeYAGq.gif

Forum List

Back