Demand for black linguistic justice

This is the kind of insanity that postmodernism brings about; Reality is not real. Objectivity is subjective. Groups are more important than individuals.

It is the silly pedagogy of Dewey who rejected all objective standards.

African American vernacular is broken English and school ought to teach children proper English. Language does not have a race and making it a racial issue is absolutely insane.

I want to see a movement of Valley girls demanding "their English" becomes prioritised over the proper/standard one taught in school "because.... like.... it is totally disrespectful and stuff!"

Last edited:
This is the kind of insanity that postmodernism brings about; Reality is not real. Objectivity is subjective. Groups are more important than individuals.

It is the silly pedagogy of Dewey who rejected all objective standards.

African American vernacular is broken English and school ought to teach children proper English. Language does not have a race and making it a racial issue is absolutely insane.

I want to see a movement of Valley girls demanding "their English" becomes prioritised over the proper/standard one taught in school "because.... like.... it is totally disrespectful and stuff!"

"Valley girls"? You're dating yourself.

Has a black scholar of linguistics developed a lexicon and a grammar for the "black language" ? Is it available? Will those of us who do not know the black language be able to get instruction? It is a written
language? Does it have an alphabet? a literature?
/——/ If I knew how to code, I’d write an app to translate standard English into Ebonics. I’d make a bundle.

Has a black scholar of linguistics developed a lexicon and a grammar for the "black language" ? Is it available? Will those of us who do not know the black language be able to get instruction? It is a written
language? Does it have an alphabet? a literature?
/——/ If I knew how to code, I’d write an app to translate standard English into Ebonics. I’d make a bundle.

oh well---at least write a memorandum claiming THE IDEA for the sake of posterity----someone will do it

Apparently, we DO need an official language. In order to be NATURALIZED in this country, you have to be conversant in English...

Not to a very high degree, and there is NO requirement to speak English at all to be a natural born citizen, nor is there any requirement to maintain any degree or incremental improvement in English. Otherwise, we would have thrown Jitler out long ago. There IS however, a requirement on the part of the government to provide due process and equal protection under the law, as well as to ensure equal voting rights. Then there's the First Amendment and all that stuff about freedom of speech and all. Well, you get the idea.
Freedom of speech does not mean having to shove every language on earth down our throats.

It does mean that the government can't tell any American what language to speak.

Apparently, we DO need an official language. In order to be NATURALIZED in this country, you have to be conversant in English...

Not to a very high degree, and there is NO requirement to speak English at all to be a natural born citizen, nor is there any requirement to maintain any degree or incremental improvement in English. Otherwise, we would have thrown Jitler out long ago. There IS however, a requirement on the part of the government to provide due process and equal protection under the law, as well as to ensure equal voting rights. Then there's the First Amendment and all that stuff about freedom of speech and all. Well, you get the idea.
Freedom of speech does not mean having to shove every language on earth down our throats.

It does mean that the government can't tell any American what language to speak.
Which you and I agree on ad naseum.
It does not guarantee that my taxes have to pay for signs and interpreters.

they used to teach spanish words on Sesame street.
Uno dos tres......... You got something against the
same for Ebonics. At least one or our very own congress (wo)men teaches ITS 9 (?) year old offspring
ebonic words.

What happens in a criminal trial when the defendant cannot afford an attorney?

That was quite a racist question.
You are inferring that Spanish people aren’t charitable enough to donate time to help each other.

I don’t know one Yiddish/English speaking Jew who wouldn’t be willing to help anybody with a foreign language.

By the way, my son-in-law’s first language is Spanish and he agrees with me and is willing to be anyones translator.

You are inferring that Spanish people aren’t charitable enough to donate time to help each other.

I inferred absolutely nothing of the sort.

Sure you did.
Either that or you have to be more explicit with your posts.

Sure you did.

Not even close.

Answer the question.

Sure you did.

Not even close.

Answer the question.
I did.
My tax dollars should never be used to hire translators.
Let them use an App.
I do it at work.
And don’t tell me the poorest people don’t have a smartphone because I work in a poor area and everyone has an Android or an iPhone paid for
from my tax dollars.

What happens in a criminal trial when the defendant (no matter what language they speak) cannot afford an attorney?

“Attorney” means lawyer.

Last edited:

What happens in a criminal trial when the defendant (no matter what language they speak) cannot afford an attorney?

“Attorney” means lawyer.
Are you retarded?
Did you ever hear of a requirement called Pro-Bono?
You are getting desperate.

“Attorney” means lawyer.
Did you ever hear of a requirement called Pro-Bono?

Took you long enough to Google it. Now, do you know its purpose and Constitutional basis?

Forum List

Back