Democrat thugs shut down Trump rally

To my liberal friends that believe that it is a Trump ruse more than the fact that the crowd was actually hostile I'd suggest you watch the video on top of reading the article itself. It certainly appears, in my eyes at least, that the rally was postponed out of legitimate safety concerns raised due to protesters at Trump's rally.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of Trump nor his ideals. However, that doesn't mean that I don't think that he or his supporters deserve a "fair shake" and deserve the basic freedoms we all enjoy.

I'll re-link the article, the video is 7-8 min.

Donald Trump cancels UIC rally amid security concerns

The actual headline is, Trump supporters and protestors CLASH.

Clash is two sided event.
I'm just going to assume that my link is broken then. The headline (for me at least) is:

"DONALD TRUMP CANCELS UIC RALLY AMID SECURITY CONCERNS"

I'm not sure why you are getting re-directed to something else, sorry.

Trump is a pathological liar and phoney so if he says it was for security concerns his word is of no value.
NY Carb is a pathological liar and phony, his word is of no value.

Cool story bro. Devastating logic. He'll never live that one down, you got him good. Yessiree bob.

To my liberal friends that believe that it is a Trump ruse more than the fact that the crowd was actually hostile I'd suggest you watch the video on top of reading the article itself. It certainly appears, in my eyes at least, that the rally was postponed out of legitimate safety concerns raised due to protesters at Trump's rally.

Believe me, I'm not a fan of Trump nor his ideals. However, that doesn't mean that I don't think that he or his supporters deserve a "fair shake" and deserve the basic freedoms we all enjoy.

I'm just going to assume that my link is broken then. The headline (for me at least) is:

Trump is a pathological liar and phoney so if he says it was for security concerns his word is of no value.
NY Carb is a pathological liar and phony, his word is of no value. A true liberal...

But I'm not morbidly obese,

so I win!!!!

lol

Cool story bro. Devastating logic. He'll never live that one down, you got him good. Yessiree bob.

A Pogo/NY Carb bromance..:disbelief:

Sorry Pogo, I didn't know

Thousands of people, standing in line for Trump's rally for two hours and watching those wild protesters around, could see really well with their own eyes what will happen to their country if Trump is not elected... see and then tell everybody they know about that.

Last edited:
rm0hao.jpg

Pffft. Don't expect any more compliments from me then. :eusa_snooty:

These protests are clearly funded by establishment Republicans looking to paint Trump as a brute and racist.

Pffft. Don't expect any more compliments from me then. :eusa_snooty:

Compliments .. I don't recall any compliments .. :disbelief:

I'm not doubting that he is a liar at all, I actually agree with that assessment.

However, just because the boy who cried wolf, cries wolf...doesn't mean that there is no wolf.

Believe me, I'm only a fan of assuming only what is reasonable from the information given. Given the information (and, especially if you watch the news report video) it seems that the most reasonable assumption is that anti-Trump protesters infiltrated the venue of the rally and caused enough of a commotion to have Trump postpone the rally.

Let us be clear, given this information, it appears that Trump did the right thing in postponing his rally...now, I'm sure he will spin it to further polarize his voter base, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't right to postpone it, and it doesn't mean that the protesters went about their protest in a very civil manner (I think my use of negatives just made this past sentence kinda hard to read).

Trump is claiming he canceled the rally on the advice of the police,

the police are saying they gave no such recommendation.

Let's see who turns out to be lying.
Okay I think I'm seeing where you may be getting that understanding.

Here is my interpretation of events based upon the information given, Trump arrives and meets with police forces and him and his security detail are briefed on the situation. Trump then discusses the situation with his advisers and, either under the advice of his security detail, or under his own prerogative, postpones the event. Trump then informs the local police that they have decided to postpone the event based upon the information given.

Now some of the language used by Trump or his spokespeople may shift around or be misleading, I won't disagree there. However, my understanding is that Trump made a good, reasonable decision to postpone his rally and that decision was based off of the actions of protesters.

Protesters marched toward I-290 with the apparent intention of getting on the expressway, and police blocked their path.

Ah man! Could have played bowling for protesters with 5,000 pound vehicles! See how many you can take out with one hit!

One police officer was injured in the scuffling. He was seen walking outside the arena at the intersection of Van Buren and Racine with blood streaming down his face.

Witnesses said much of the scuffling and conflict in Chicago Friday night was initiated by the protesters, not the Trump supporters.

Video of the officer at this link

Donald Trump's Rally in Chicago: 'Our Freedom of Speech Was Violated Totally'

Forum List

Back