Democrat wants background checks for 3d printers

Sen. Leland Yee Proposes Regulations On 3-D Printers After Gun Test « CBS Sacramento

Ee said while this new technology is impressive, it must be regulated when it comes to making guns. He says background checks, requiring serial numbers and even registering them could be part of new legislation that he says will protect the public.

I predicted that right after the story broke. It's the stock answer from the government types these days. Whenever anything unexpected happens, regulate the hell out of it and force people to get permission from the government to participate.

It will prove just as hard to regulate as preventing gays from giving blood. Right steve?
\
:gay:

AIDS kills people. 3d printers do not. If your feel good moment is that important, why don't you go directly to your local bathhouse and get blood directly there? You think it's okay for people to lie when lives are on the line?

It would be prudent to restrict the manufacturing of guns via 3D printers.

It's much easier and more cost effective to just make a gun from a plan which there are plenty of. Should tools, metal parts, tools all be banned or restricted because i'ts rather easy to make a gun like sten?

"Must be regulated". That's all you ever hear from democrats other than "must be taxed".

Not quite true. Abortion is an example of something that Democrats adamantly oppose regulation of as is gay marriage. When it comes to registration of voters and the idea that only Americans should vote in American elections, Democrats are also opposed to such regulations. They are absolutely not keen on the idea of regulating ethics in government either.

If you think about it, there are a lot of things the Democrats don't want to regulate.

Immie

It will prove just as hard to regulate as preventing gays from giving blood. Right steve?
\
:gay:

AIDS kills people. 3d printers do not. If your feel good moment is that important, why don't you go directly to your local bathhouse and get blood directly there? You think it's okay for people to lie when lives are on the line?

This is serious business steve. :mad:

How can you talk about gays and bathhouses at a time like this?

Someone needs to remind liberal "men" that if they restrict 3d printers, liberal "men" won't be able to print dildos.

Guns will be the excuse, but 3-D printers will end up a bigger 1st Amendment issue than a 2nd Amendment one.

Last edited:
Sen. Leland Yee Proposes Regulations On 3-D Printers After Gun Test « CBS Sacramento

Ee said while this new technology is impressive, it must be regulated when it comes to making guns. He says background checks, requiring serial numbers and even registering them could be part of new legislation that he says will protect the public.

I predicted that right after the story broke. It's the stock answer from the government types these days. Whenever anything unexpected happens, regulate the hell out of it and force people to get permission from the government to participate.

we are such a far cry from the original intent this country was set up with. there is a reason madison wanted a general population as strong as the central government. and that reason is todays central government. they keep legislating more and more power to themselves. they are like Jafar in Alladin.

Democrats want background checks on background checks.
Gives them a false sense that they are truly protecting the sheeple.

Generally, I like Leland Yee. I'm friends with his whole family.

But this is just plain stupid, and a perfect example of what I hate about San Francisco liberals.

Forum List

Back