Democrats Perception Of Saddam/iraq Before Gwb...so Will They Do The Same With Isis??

hm, you could write a book on the subject and be wrong.

The UN did not giv eus the right to enforce UN resolutions, which was exactly what Bush and Powell were trying to get with the later's testimony.

The senior neo-con leaders in Bush's administration cannot travel to western Europe.

They never will be without being arrested for war crimes.

. Again ALL these Democrat statements BEFORE Bush was President... so how could Bush have lied if he was relying on Clinton's administration's Iraq/Saddam intelligence unless Clinton was the liar and that could never be right???

Bush was not lying in October 2002 and prior to that point in time. Bush was 100% correct to use the threat of military action to bring Iraq into compliance with international law with regard to Iraq's longstanding defiance of is disarmament obligations
i fully agreed with Bush prior to passage of UNSC Resolution 1441 in November 2002 which Bush had requested.

It is after 1441 that the Bush lies start and he ended up starting the dumbest war on record because there was non threat with UN inspectors on the ground and there was no humanitarian crisis within Iraq at the time the invasion began. The humanitarian crisis began after the invasion and foreign fighters terrorist went in for the first time.

What Bill Clinton said in 1998 had nothing to do with the stupid Bush decision to invade in March 2003. UN Resolution 1441 had passed and a working inspection and monitoring regime had been effectively set up. There was no excuse for killing people by the US in March 2003 and after that.

Dumbest war was Vietnam.

hm, you could write a book on the subject and be wrong.

The UN did not giv eus the right to enforce UN resolutions, which was exactly what Bush and Powell were trying to get with the later's testimony.

The senior neo-con leaders in Bush's administration cannot travel to western Europe.

They never will be without being arrested for war crimes.

He already has traveled to western europe and wasn't arrested. Youre referring to the kabuki theatre trial that is a laughingstock that took place in kahlua lumpur..... And you fell for it. Lol.

You fell fell for thinking you knew what you were talking about.

Where Bush and Cheney have traveled outside the United States

We couldn’t find any examples of Bush or Cheney visiting Europe, but they have traveled to other countries since they left office. Bush visited Haiti as part of an effort by the charitable foundation he co-founded with former President Bill Clinton after a devastating earthquake in the Caribbean nation. And Bush also joined Clinton at a regional economic summit held in the Canadian province of British Columbia. Cheney, meanwhile, has gone to British Columbia to promote his book, In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir.

But these trips weren’t without turbulence. Typically, protesters have followed both Bush and Cheney at such events.

At his book event, Cheney faced a crowd of 200 people chanting and holding signs that said, "Cheney War Criminal" and "Torturer," according to the Canadian television network CBC. The incident was serious enough for police to don riot gear, and it led to one arrest. As for Bush’s trip to the regional summit in Canada, it attracted a similar-sized crowd but was somewhat more peaceful, according to the CBC.

Meanwhile, both Bush and Cheney have canceled speaking engagements in Toronto, though their camps did not cite concerns about arrest warrants as the reason. Cheney cited "personal safety" concerns, while Bush chalked it up to a "scheduling change."

Just right, Jim H., and I am wondering if the America haters like healthmyths will support the pres, the congress, and the american people in time of crisis.

You mean just like your dem party did with Bush,we were for it befor we were against it, Fake Jake and his endless line of shit.

The cease fire violations are ONLY legitimate to the UN, not the USA. You are the one who hates principles. We had no legitimate authority to act under the UN resolutions because the UN WOULD NOT GIVE IT TO US.

FACT!
U.S. Ambassador John D. Negroponte noted that Resolution 687, which was adopted in April 1991, imposed disarmament obligations on Iraq that were conditions of the cease-fire signed at the end of the Gulf War, during which another U.S.-led coalition drove Baghdad's troops from Kuwait.

"It has long been recognized and understood that a material breach of these obligations removes the basis of the cease-fire and revives the authority to use force under Resolution 678," Negroponte wrote.
"In view of Iraq's material breaches, the basis for the cease-fire has been removed, and use of force is authorized."

The legal justification for the invasion is in dispute among many nations as well as some international lawyers, who argue that the Security Council had to rule on a "material breach" or give specific authorization before any invasion could take place.

He said Iraq had repeatedly refused to respond to diplomatic overtures, economic sanctions and other peaceful means designed to bring about compliance with its obligations to disarm and allow inspections of its weapons programs.

Consequently, military action was an "appropriate response" and necessary "to defend the United States and the international community from the threat posed by Iraq and to restore international peace and security in the area," Negroponte wrote.

"In carrying out these operations, our forces will take all reasonable precautions to avoid civilian casualties."
U.S. Cites 1991 U.N. Cease-Fire Resolution as the Legal Basis for Its Invasion - Los Angeles Times
So to put it in terms YOU can understand..
Based on the UN Resolution 687 when Saddam breached the 1991 Cease Fire, the Cease Fire no longer existed and the UN Resolution 687 was resumed. In other words the 1991 Desert Storm never stopped but paused for the Cease Fire and when Saddam breached the Cease Fire, 687 continued.

All of those were brought up when we tried and failed to get a SCR to authorize the use of military force. The main reason for SCR 1441 was to determine if the Bush Administration was lying about Iraqis alleged WMD.

Now here is an outstanding thread. I almost thought about starting a similar one but glad you're more willing to take the time with these Obamabots, healthmyths.

When I have time I'd like to post in there. In the meantime, it's comical to watch Fakey be completely decimated for his vacuous statements on everything.

At least Not Fooled and Boo are trying to have an intelligent conversation. Fakey is just a shallow dude that lacks intelligence AND integrity.

I'd like to see one of these Obamabots prove nuke WMD was NOT moved from Iraq. We all know CHEM WMD was moved into Syria. Sarin gas is WMD and anyone still denying THAT is even dumber than the piss ants. It's all over open source.

The most the corrupt press can say about NUKE WMD is it wasn't found INSIDE Iraq. And even that becomes debatable with the 500 tons of yellowcake moved out in 2008.

Now here is an outstanding thread. I almost thought about starting a similar one but glad you're more willing to take the time with these Obamabots, healthmyths.

When I have time I'd like to post in there. In the meantime, it's comical to watch Fakey be completely decimated for his vacuous statements on everything.

At least Not Fooled and Boo are trying to have an intelligent conversation. Fakey is just a shallow dude that lacks intelligence AND integrity.

I'd like to see one of these Obamabots prove nuke WMD was NOT moved from Iraq. We all know CHEM WMD was moved into Syria. Sarin gas is WMD and anyone still denying THAT is even dumber than the piss ants. It's all over open source.

The most the corrupt press can say about NUKE WMD is it wasn't found INSIDE Iraq. And even that becomes debatable with the 500 tons of yellowcake moved out in 2008.

That yellowcake was from before 1991 and was well accounted for and had nothing to do with claims in 2003 that Saddam was acquiring yellowcake for a nuclear program.

More proof you've never been to Iraq or in any way involved with the military or else you would have known that was a worn out thoroughly debunked myth:

snopes.com Yellowcake Uranium Removed from Iraq

So enough with the posing.

U.S. investigators hunting for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq have found no evidence that such material was moved to Syria for safekeeping before the war, according to a final report of the investigation released yesterday.

Although Syria helped Iraq evade U.N.-imposed sanctions by shipping military and other products across its borders, the investigators "found no senior policy, program, or intelligence officials who admitted any direct knowledge of such movement of WMD." Because of the insular nature of Saddam Hussein's government, however, the investigators were "unable to rule out unofficial movement of limited WMD-related materials."

The Iraq Survey Group's main findings

Report Finds No Evidence Syria Hid Iraqi Arms

The Yellowcake is a non-issue. It was not hidden from anyone.

What is yellowcake anyway

U.S. investigators hunting for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq have found no evidence that such material was moved to Syria for safekeeping before the war, according to a final report of the investigation released yesterday.

Although Syria helped Iraq evade U.N.-imposed sanctions by shipping military and other products across its borders, the investigators "found no senior policy, program, or intelligence officials who admitted any direct knowledge of such movement of WMD." Because of the insular nature of Saddam Hussein's government, however, the investigators were "unable to rule out unofficial movement of limited WMD-related materials."

They also never found any of the thousands of Iraqi personnel that would have had to have been involved in multiple major WMD programs of the nature we were led to believe Saddam was operating.

To me that's always been the most solid proof the programs never existed. No people, no programs.

They also never found any of the thousands of Iraqi personnel that would have had to have been involved in multiple major WMD programs of the nature we were led to believe Saddam was operating.

To me that's always been the most solid proof the programs never existed. No people, no programs.

Point 1.
Question... would you allow this?:
By BARBARA CROSSETTE Published: December 1, 1995
In five years 576,000 Iraqi children starved to death.
Why ? BECAUSE SADDAM refused to certify WMD destruction!
The sanctions were imposed by the Security Council after Iraq invaded Kuwait in August 1990. Led by the United States, the Council has rejected many Iraqi appeals to lift the restrictions, which have crippled the economy, until Iraq accounts for all its weapons of mass destruction and United Nations inspectors can certify that they have been destroyed in accordance with several Council resolutions.

Recent revelations about significant secret biological and chemical weapons programs have set back any chances of an early end of sanctions.
Iraq Sanctions Kill Children U.N. Reports - New York Times

Albright, who'd just become Secretary of State, went to Georgetown
"We do not agree with the nations who argue that if Iraq complies with its obligations concerning weapons of mass destruction, sanctions should be lifted. Our view, which is unshakable, is that Iraq must prove its peaceful intentions...And the evidence is overwhelming that Saddam Hussein's intentions will never be peaceful...
Clearly, a change in Iraq's government could lead to a change in U.S. policy. Should that occur, we would stand ready, in coordination with our allies and friends, to enter rapidly into a dialogue with the successor regime"
A Tiny Revolution Was Iraq Going To Be Certified WMD-Free In 1997

So given Saddam's refusal to certify WMDs destruction on pain of 100,000 starving children per year why would Clinton/Bush administration believe there were still WMDs? I mean would you want 100,000 kids a year to starve ....OVER A LIE???
All Saddam had to do was certify.

Point 2.
After these Democrats insisting that:
"deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs"Levin 1998
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDs.."Albright 1999
"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001

And these were ALL before Bush became President!

Point 3.
In 1995, Hussein Kamal, Saddam's son-in-law, and the chief organizer of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program, defected to Jordan. He revealed that Iraq was continuing to conceal weapons and missiles and the capacity to build many more.
Then and only then did Iraq admit to developing numbers of weapons in significant quantities and weapon stocks. Previously, it had vehemently denied the very thing it just simply admitted once Saddam Hussein's son-in-law defected to Jordan and told the truth. Now listen to this, what did it admit?
It admitted, among other things, an offensive biological warfare capability notably 5,000 gallons of botulinum, which causes botulism; 2,000 gallons of anthrax; 25 biological-filled Scud warheads; and 157 aerial bombs.
And I might say UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq has actually greatly understated its production.
As if we needed further confirmation, you all know what happened to his son-in-law when he made the untimely decision to go back to Iraq.

Text Of Clinton Statement On Iraq - February 17 1998

With all the above asking for Saddam removal, his son-in-law testifying Saddam had WMDs and finally wouldn't you believe Saddam DID have WMDs if he was willing to let 576,000 children to starve rather then certify he'd destroyed the WMDs?
What would you do?

Last edited:

Point 1.
The sanctions were imposed by the Security Council after Iraq invaded Kuwait in August 1990. Led by the United States, the Council has rejected many Iraqi appeals to lift the restrictions, which have crippled the economy, until Iraq accounts for all its weapons of mass destruction and United Nations inspectors can certify that they have been destroyed in accordance with several Council resolutions.

Recent revelations about significant secret biological and chemical weapons programs have set back any chances of an early end of sanctions.

"We do not agree with the nations who argue that if Iraq complies with its obligations concerning weapons of mass destruction, sanctions should be lifted. Our view, which is unshakable, is that Iraq must prove its peaceful intentions...And the evidence is overwhelming that Saddam Hussein's intentions will never be peaceful...
Clearly, a change in Iraq's government could lead to a change in U.S. policy. Should that occur, we would stand ready, in coordination with our allies and friends, to enter rapidly into a dialogue with the successor regime"

So given Saddam's refusal to certify WMDs destruction on pain of 100,000 starving children per year why would Clinton/Bush administration believe there were still WMDs? I mean would you want 100,000 kids a year to starve ....OVER A LIE???

Point 2.
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998

Point 3.
In 1995, Hussein Kamal, Saddam's son-in-law, and the chief organizer of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program, defected to Jordan. He revealed that Iraq was continuing to conceal weapons and missiles and the capacity to build many more.
Then and only then did Iraq admit to developing numbers of weapons in significant quantities and weapon stocks. Previously, it had vehemently denied the very thing it just simply admitted once Saddam Hussein's son-in-law defected to Jordan and told the truth. Now listen to this, what did it admit?
It admitted, among other things, an offensive biological warfare capability notably 5,000 gallons of botulinum, which causes botulism; 2,000 gallons of anthrax; 25 biological-filled Scud warheads; and 157 aerial bombs.
And I might say UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq has actually greatly understated its production.
As if we needed further confirmation, you all know what happened to his son-in-law when he made the untimely decision to go back to Iraq.

With all the above asking for Saddam removal, his son-in-law testifying Saddam had WMDs and finally wouldn't you believe Saddam DID have WMDs if he was willing to let 576 children to starve rather then certify he'd destroyed the WMDs?
What would you do?

Where are the thousands of personnel who would have been working on those WMD programs?

It's a simple enough question, and yet not one of you can answer it, BUT,

without people, no WMD programs could have been possible.

Point 1.

Point 2.

Point 3.

With all the above asking for Saddam removal, his son-in-law testifying Saddam had WMDs and finally wouldn't you believe Saddam DID have WMDs if he was willing to let 576 children to starve rather then certify he'd destroyed the WMDs?
What would you do?

Where are the thousands of personnel who would have been working on those WMD programs?

There were none... YOU are RIGHT!!! But you have 20/20 hindsight!
At the time all this occurred and I know you weren't born yet...
A) Saddam was not ready to say he had NO WMDs and willing to let 576,000 kids starve.
B) Saddam WAS proven by the Democrats to having used WMDs on his own people.
C) Saddam was proven to pay $25,000 for suicide terrorists.
D) Ask Saddam's son-in-law...oh wait you can't Saddam killed him when he went back to Iraq... good guy your buddy Saddam!
E) And of course you probably don't agree after 9/11 there was NO need to think Saddam was involved right?
F) Were you aware that Seven days after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, anonymous letters laced with deadly anthrax spores began arriving at media companies and congressional offices. Over the ensuing months, five people died from inhaling anthrax and 17 others were infected after exposure. And of course you knew that your buddy Saddam HAD nothing to do with it...even Saddam Hussein's son-in-law defected to Jordan and told the truth.

Point 1.

Point 2.

Point 3.

What would you do?

A) Saddam was not ready to say he had NO WMDs and willing to let 576,000 kids starve.
D) Ask Saddam's son-in-law...oh wait you can't Saddam killed him when he went back to Iraq... good guy your buddy Saddam!
E) And of course you probably don't agree after 9/11 there was NO need to think Saddam was involved right?
F) Were you aware that Seven days after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, anonymous letters laced with deadly anthrax spores began arriving at media companies and congressional offices. Over the ensuing months, five people died from inhaling anthrax and 17 others were infected after exposure. And of course you knew that your buddy Saddam HAD nothing to do with it...even Saddam Hussein's son-in-law defected to Jordan and told the truth.

That's right, remain oblivious to the fact that there were no WMD's.

Bush got it wrong, and said he would not have invaded if he had known the WMDs of which he was fearful were not in Iraq.

The UN would not sign off legally on the USA enforcing the resolutions.

The day will come when any surviving senior Bushies will be sent to The Hague, and those here who have conspired knowingly and willingly in print and online in covering war crimes will go on trial as well.

Last edited:

Point 1.

Point 2.

Point 3.

What would you do?

That's right, remain oblivious to the fact that there were no WMD's.

HEY IGNORANT!!!
I said you were RIGHT... THERE WERE NONE! You'd have to be an idiot like you not to recognize that!
BUT the reason for believing and that's what idiots like you still don't comprehend!
Saddam would let 576,000 kids die rather then admit he didn't have WMDs. What idiot other then Saddam and you would believe
such evil?
Saddam's SON-IN-LAW worked on WMDs and told people there were and THERE WERE!
But you still don't comprehend the period and time when this all happened!
Idiots like you will never learn till it is too late.
I agreed with you but being the ignorant idiot you are YOU can't comprehend the reasons for and insist it was wrong to
free 28 million people and keep 1.3 million kids from starving to death which would have happened if your lover Saddam was still in power!
What kind of idiot would want 1.3 million kids to starve other then you and Saddam?

Totally ignorant people like you had no compassion for 1.3 million kids that would have starved! Have you no shame?
YES ONCE AGAIN... YES there were no WMDs... but there are 1.3 million kids alive today that didn't starve as they would have
if YOU had your evil ignorant way!

You fell fell for thinking you knew what you were talking about.

Where Bush and Cheney have traveled outside the United States

We couldn’t find any examples of Bush or Cheney visiting Europe, but they have traveled to other countries since they left office. Bush visited Haiti as part of an effort by the charitable foundation he co-founded with former President Bill Clinton after a devastating earthquake in the Caribbean nation. And Bush also joined Clinton at a regional economic summit held in the Canadian province of British Columbia. Cheney, meanwhile, has gone to British Columbia to promote his book, In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir.

But these trips weren’t without turbulence. Typically, protesters have followed both Bush and Cheney at such events.

At his book event, Cheney faced a crowd of 200 people chanting and holding signs that said, "Cheney War Criminal" and "Torturer," according to the Canadian television network CBC. The incident was serious enough for police to don riot gear, and it led to one arrest. As for Bush’s trip to the regional summit in Canada, it attracted a similar-sized crowd but was somewhat more peaceful, according to the CBC.

Meanwhile, both Bush and Cheney have canceled speaking engagements in Toronto, though their camps did not cite concerns about arrest warrants as the reason. Cheney cited "personal safety" concerns, while Bush chalked it up to a "scheduling change."

And you're still peddling this kabuki theatre trial which means nothing. Lol.

Yes, it was wrong to destabilize the ME on accusations that were false, led to thousands of dead, tens of thousands maimed [these are the Americans, not the hundreds of thousands of ME civilian casualties], two outsourced wars on credit card that nearly broke America economically, the ostracism of senior Busies from traveling in western Europe,

Americans as a group will never let the neo-cons send heavy American combat units to the ME again.

And a day of judicial reckoning will come here in the USA for our chicken hawk neo-cons.

Yes, it was wrong to destabilize the ME on accusations that were false, led to thousands of dead, tens of thousands maimed [these are the Americans, not the hundreds of thousands of ME civilian casualties], two outsourced wars on credit card that nearly broke America economically, the ostracism of senior Busies from traveling in western Europe,

Americans as a group will never let the neo-cons send heavy American combat units to the ME again.

And a day of judicial reckoning will come here in the USA for our chicken hawk neo-cons.

Was there ever a day of judicial reckoning for the ones who sold the vietnam war?

Forum List

Back