Democrats Push Heavy Spending Without Reading the Bills

The US deficit has decreased during every Democratic presidency for the past 40 years.

The US deficit has exploded during every Republican presidency for the past 40 years.

Somehow, the Republican Party's rube herd believes their party is the party of fiscal austerity.

The amount of gaslighting it takes to achieve this kind of willful blindness is mind boggling.

In other words, they have never lowered spending.

Correct.

The Repubs never lower spending.

The Dems never lower spending.

Yet due to your undying worship of the GOP they are not responsible one tiny bit for our 32 trillion dollar debt

Correct.

The Repubs never lower spending.

The Dems never lower spending.

Yet due to your undying worship of the GOP they are not responsible one tiny bit for our 32 trillion dollar debt
By changing the context of my post, you made it look like I said Republicans never lowered spending when what I actually said is that you agreed that Dems have never lowered spending.

By changing the context of my post, you made it look like I said Republicans never lowered spending when what I actually said is that you agreed that Dems have never lowered spending.

Well, then give us some examples of the Repubs lowering spending.

I will be happy to wait.

In Trump's first 3 FYs there was 15.1 trillion spent.

I thought the conversation was the national debt increase. In Trump's first 3 years, it increased by about 4.3 trillion, very similar to Biden's increase. The difference in my mind is that while I am all for cutting into the debt and agree that both parties spend far too much money, Democrats are backwards thinking. They believe in raising taxes, which increases federal tax revenue in the short term, while decreasing it in the long term, while Republicans believe that decreasing taxes, while decreasing federal tax revenue in the short term, increases it in the long term. The Democrats evidently don't believe in growing tax revenue organically by letting people and corporations spend their money, thus growing the economy. They believe in artificial growth via higher taxes, which only damages our economy in the long term.

I thought the conversation was the national debt increase.

I gave you what you asked for.

In Trump's first 3 years, it increased by about 4.3 trillion, very similar to Biden's increase. The difference in my mind is that while I am all for cutting into the debt and agree that both parties spend far too much money,

This is a start. Glad we can agree on this at least.

Democrats are backwards thinking. They believe in raising taxes, which increases federal tax revenue in the short term, while decreasing it in the long term, while Republicans believe that decreasing taxes, while decreasing federal tax revenue in the short term, increases it in the long term. The Democrats evidently don't believe in growing tax revenue organically by letting people and corporations spend their money, thus growing the economy. They believe in artificial growth via higher taxes, which only damages our economy in the long term.

I think both views are too simplistic. Revenue goes up almost every year whether taxes are cut, added to or left the same. We do not have a revenue problem, taxes are not the answer to our debt problem. We have a spending problem, taxes will never fix this.

Forum List

Back