Democrats Weigh Mid-July Vote to Formally Tap Biden as Nominee: Party could formally nominate Biden as early as July 21

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
He has record low approval, their only policy he gains some traction is abortion which if Trump actually focuses his answer to this question it won't be much of a problem. Post-debate results not only suggest that Biden is even further behind Trump in polls by a significant margin but that 72% don't even believe he has the cognitive ability to even run the U.S today.

I've heard people say on youtube, "if they keep Biden as candidate it means that they know something about the election that we don't"

What a way to create even more suspicion. The entire globe watched that debate even after many people around the globe calling out his decline before the debate and now you push up the nomination date to ensure he is chosen?

The Democratic National Committee is considering formally nominating Joe Biden as early as mid-July to ensure that the president is on November ballots, while helping to stamp out intra-party chatter of replacing him after last week’s poor debate performance.

A potential date for Biden’s nomination is July 21, when the Democratic convention’s credentials committee meets virtually, according to people familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Democrats had already planned to nominate Biden, 81, before their August convention in order to ensure he appears on the ballot in Ohio, which had an Aug. 7 deadline for candidates to be certified.

Last edited:
He has record low approval, their only policy he gains some traction is abortion which if Trump actually focuses his answer to this question it won't be much of a problem. Post-debate results not only suggest that Biden is even further behind Trump in polls by a significant margin but that 72% don't even believe he has the cognitive ability to even run the U.S today.

I've heard people say "if they keep Biden as candidate it means that they know something about the election that we don't"

What a way to create even more suspicion. The entire globe watched that debate even after many people around the globe calling out his decline before the debate and now you push up the nomination date to ensure he is chosen?

The Democratic National Committee is considering formally nominating Joe Biden as early as mid-July to ensure that the president is on November ballots, while helping to stamp out intra-party chatter of replacing him after last week’s poor debate performance.

A potential date for Biden’s nomination is July 21, when the Democratic convention’s credentials committee meets virtually, according to people familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Democrats had already planned to nominate Biden, 81, before their August convention in order to ensure he appears on the ballot in Ohio, which had an Aug. 7 deadline for candidates to be certified.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! 🤞

Democrats had already planned to nominate Biden, 81, before their August convention in order to ensure he appears on the ballot in Ohio, which had an Aug. 7 deadline for candidates to be certified.
This could give them an excuse for undermining the election.

I've heard people say on youtube, "if they keep Biden as candidate it means that they know something about the election that we don't"

I'm thinking there is more than meets the eye with the dems doing it earlier than planned. My gut tells me they will nominate Joe, pat him on the back, he says thank you, and then decides to back out and let Harris be the nominee. The earlier time frame gives Harris more time to campaign and pick a running mate.

Forum List

Back