Dems Are Upset That Bill Barr Called Spying On The Trump Team ‘Spying’

But when you’re engaged in illegal surveillance of a political candidate on behalf of the opposing political party, “spying” is the nicest word that comes to mind.

Dems rage against Barr for backing claims of Trump campaign ‘spying’ by FBI
It's like those funny mirrors at the carnival.

Democrats and their fake news media adjunct are trying to deny that the Obama administration spied on the Trump presidential campaign. This despite multiple FISA warrants obtained to spy on Carter Page. The fake Fusion “dossier” that was the basis for those FISA warrants. We all read the many news reports of federal agencies recruiting multiple human intelligence assets to report on the Trump campaign.

mrz041219-color-1-9mb_orig.jpg

I don’t see a way this ends well for the Democrats.

But when you’re engaged in illegal surveillance of a political candidate on behalf of the opposing political party, “spying” is the nicest word that comes to mind.

Democrats and their fake news media adjunct are trying to deny that the Obama administration spied on the Trump presidential campaign. This despite multiple FISA warrants obtained to spy on Carter Page. The fake Fusion “dossier” that was the basis for those FISA warrants. We all read the many news reports of federal agencies recruiting multiple human intelligence assets to report on the Trump campaign.

I don't see how it ends well for America. I don't see how so many Americans cannot see the cleverness behind this campaign to destroy an independent DOJ and FBI and Judicial to be replaced by 'loyalists'. These service members used to swear an oath to the Constitution, but more and more are swearing to Trump, ala Barr, one by one so that by the time you see the truth it will be too late. It's an old story throughout history but look how many think it can't happen here.

I don't see how it ends well for America. I don't see how so many Americans cannot see the cleverness behind this campaign to destroy an independent DOJ and FBI and Judicial to be replaced by 'loyalists'. These service members used to swear an oath to the Constitution, but more and more are swearing to Trump, ala Barr, one by one so that by the time you see the truth it will be too late. It's an old story throughout history but look how many think it can't happen here.
You had near 3 years to make your point. All you did was go from one agenda to another to get rid of Trump. I understand. We found out so much about our government and what it is. About what Trump matriculated. We are like Rome in its down turn. Running out the clock until a new dark age appears. I know it does not seem that way. We are so corrupted.

I don't see how it ends well for America. I don't see how so many Americans cannot see the cleverness behind this campaign to destroy an independent DOJ and FBI and Judicial to be replaced by 'loyalists'.
Independent of who? The voters? In our system NO ONE is independent of the voters. The only person in the entire Executive Branch who wields power is the President. All the powers in Article II are vested in the President of the United States. Only Trump stood before the Voters. All the FBI and DOJ's powers are derived from the President. We have no Lords or Nobles. No one in America has an inherent right to power. All power is derived from the People, and in the case of the FBI and DOJ, their power is derived from Trump's.

And Trump is accountable, Congress has the power of Impeachment. The DOJ and FBI aren't part of the Legislative Branch, they are part of the Executive Branch.
...These service members used to swear an oath to the Constitution...
Of course. And Article II starts with this sentence: The Executive Power shall be vested in the President of the United States. You are asking for a DOJ and FBI that is independent of the President's power and that is simply not allowed in our form of government.

spy
/spī/

verb
gerund or present participle: spying
  1. work for a government or other organization by secretly collecting information about enemies or competitors.
    "he agreed to spy for the West"
    • observe (someone) furtively.
      "the couple were spied on by reporters"
      synonyms: observe furtively, keep under surveillance, watch, keep a watch on, keep an eye on, keep under observation, follow, shadow, trail; More
    • discern or make out, especially by careful observation.
      "he could spy a figure in the distance"
      synonyms: notice, observe, see, spot, sight, catch sight of, glimpse, catch/get a glimpse of, make out, discern, pick out, detect, have sight of; More

Feedback

spy
/spī/

verb
  1. work for a government or other organization by secretly collecting information about enemies or competitors.
      synonyms: observe furtively, keep under surveillance, watch, keep a watch on, keep an eye on, keep under observation, follow, shadow, trail; More
      synonyms: notice, observe, see, spot, sight, catch sight of, glimpse, catch/get a glimpse of, make out, discern, pick out, detect, have sight of; More

Feedback
They are engaged in semantics. Which to me signals that they know that Barr's caught them with their shorts down.

spy
/spī/

verb

Feedback
They are engaged in semantics. Which to me signals that they know that Barr's caught them with their shorts down.

Agree. They are really needing moochelle to jump in and lead the party.

I don't see how it ends well for America. I don't see how so many Americans cannot see the cleverness behind this campaign to destroy an independent DOJ and FBI and Judicial to be replaced by 'loyalists'.
Independent of who? The voters? In our system NO ONE is independent of the voters. The only person in the entire Executive Branch who wields power is the President. All the powers in Article II are vested in the President of the United States. Only Trump stood before the Voters. All the FBI and DOJ's powers are derived from the President. We have no Lords or Nobles. No one in America has an inherent right to power. All power is derived from the People, and in the case of the FBI and DOJ, their power is derived from Trump's.

And Trump is accountable, Congress has the power of Impeachment. The DOJ and FBI aren't part of the Legislative Branch, they are part of the Executive Branch.
Of course. And Article II starts with this sentence: The Executive Power shall be vested in the President of the United States. You are asking for a DOJ and FBI that is independent of the President's power and that is simply not allowed in our form of government.
WE must have gone to different schools. I was taught that there are three branches of American Government, each independent of the other that hopefully work together. You give Supreme Power the Trump and expect the other branches to fall into line (which they did til 2018). How come you didn't feel that way about Presidential power before 2016? Your previous screams about Presidential power have turned to orgasmic moans of approval post 2016. And you completely negated Legislative and Judicial power as secondary even though the FF built in checks and balances by them on your exalted Executive Power.

Barr walked his "spying" comment back. He's now calling it "surveillance". He also said he had NOT opened an investigation like he previously insinuated. It's all bullshit. Barr is a Trump stooge.
Wish-casting.

Barr Says He's Starting an Inquiry Into Spying on Trump Campaign

Bloomberg - Barr starting spying inquiry

Attorney General William Barr is starting his own inquiry into counterintelligence decisions that may have amounted to political “spying,” including actions taken during the probe of the Trump campaign in 2016.

Barr said that “there was probably a failure by a group of leaders there at the upper echelon.”

Barr’s inquiry is separate from a long-running investigation by the Justice Department’s inspector general. Barr told a House Appropriations panel on Tuesday that he expected the inspector general’s work to be completed by May or June.

600x-1.jpg

Senator Lindsey Graham, who heads the Senate Judiciary Committee, has already pledged to pursue the issue.

At Wednesday’s hearing, Graham sought Barr’s assurance that he would “make sure that the law was followed and if there was any abuse of the law to report to the Congress and the public.”

The attorney general agreed, saying he wanted “to satisfy myself ” that there was “no abuse of law enforcement or intelligence powers.” He added later that he didn’t rule out prosecutions for spying on the Trump campaign, but hadn’t yet determined whether any improper surveillance was conducted.

‘Salacious’ Dossier used for FISA Warrants

Republican Representative Robert Aderholt of Alabama asked Barr during Tuesday’s hearing if the Justice Department is investigating “how it came to be that your agency used a salacious and unverified dossier as a predicate for FISA order on a U.S. citizen?”

Aderholt was referring to the “Steele Dossier” that had been put together as opposition research against Trump with funding from Democrats.

If Comey, McCabe and Lynch all acted with integrity they should welcome this investigation that will reveal just how lawfully they protected our Civil Liberties from illegal spying and FISA abuse.

You are probably worried over nothing.

Last edited:
The Democrats rig their own primary, colluded with Russia via proxy, and spy on the opposition just like Nixon did, and they feel violated?? What the fuck?

WE must have gone to different schools. I was taught that there are three branches of American Government, each independent of the other that hopefully work together. You give Supreme Power the Trump and expect the other branches to fall into line (which they did til 2018).
I did no such thing. Trump has all of the power of the Executive Branch.
... How come you didn't feel that way about Presidential power before 2016? ...
It's not about how I "feel" this how our Constitution was drafted and ratified.
... you completely negated Legislative and Judicial power as secondary...
Untrue. Reread my post. I quite clearly posted this: And Trump is accountable, Congress has the power of Impeachment. The DOJ and FBI aren't part of the Legislative Branch, they are part of the Executive Branch.

Odd that Diane Feinstein was told her driver of 20years was a Chinese spy, yet Obama decides to spy on Trump to find out if Russians infiltrated his campaign.

Odd that Diane Feinstein was told her driver of 20years was a Chinese spy, yet Obama decides to spy on Trump to find out if Russians infiltrated his campaign.

Democrats don’t give a flying fuck about spying unless A) it is their side spying or B) they can get the Republicans.

It all goes back to protecting HIllary and her server.

It was supposed to be 8 more years of Obama.

Hillary colluded with Russia to create the fake Dossier.

Obama sent Russian nationals to try to infiltrate the Trump campaign. That was going to be the collusion.

Put entrapment.

Obama is a filthy fascist POS.

Democrats don’t give a flying fuck about spying unless A) it is their side spying or B) they can get the Republicans.
Keep Watergate in mind. On June 17, 1972, five men were arrested for burglarizing the headquarters of the Democrat National Committee at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D. C. It was never alleged that President Richard M. Nixon knew about the burglary prior to the attempt, but he tried to use the power of the presidency to obstruct justice in order to protect members of his administration and his reelection committee from facing criminal charges. Nixon was forced to resign in order to avoid congressional impeachment and a trial in the Senate.

Nixon was going to crush McGovern in the general election without any illegal help. Nothing that could have been stolen from the Democrats could have helped the Republican Party win any bigger in 1972 -- Nixon claimed 520 electoral votes and carried 49 states. The break-in was stupid and unnecessary.

And most importantly, it was illegal. Arrested included a pair of former CIA spooks and James W. McCord, a security coordinator for the RNC and Committee for the Re-election of the President. Investigators were eventually able to connect those five to G. Gordon Liddy and Howard Hunt, and those seven men were indicted by a grand jury on September 15, 1972. Over the course of the Watergate scandal, 69 people were eventually indicted, and 48 were found guilty.

Attorney General William Barr announced that he believes President Trump’s political campaign was spied upon by the federal government.

Just let that sink in for a moment and noodle around in your brain.

In 1972, Republicans were caught using former CIA operatives to spy on their political rivals. In 2016, Democrats have now been caught using active FBI and senior Department of Justice employees to spy on President Trump. It is no longer debatable whether or not it happened. The only question that remains is their justification for doing so. Special Counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. In fact, the opposite is true -- federal agencies conspired with foreign governments to entrap peripheral members of the Trump campaign.

This appears to the crime of sedition, the act of conspiring to incite rebellion against the authority of our government. If it could be proved that a foreign government had been involved in the conspiracy, the crimes involved might even rise to the level of treason. Sedition is bad enough.

At the heart of the Watergate scandal was a bungled burglary. No one got hurt. If Nixon hadn’t tried to obstruct justice, his presidency might have survived the scandal. Watergate is about to become ancient history because it pales in comparison to what the Obama administration just did. Innocent American citizens have had their lives destroyed in a criminal attempt to topple the Trump administration.

213107_5_.png

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/04/worse_than_watergate.html#ixzz5l1Ym59NP

WE must have gone to different schools. I was taught that there are three branches of American Government, each independent of the other that hopefully work together. You give Supreme Power the Trump and expect the other branches to fall into line (which they did til 2018).
I did no such thing. Trump has all of the power of the Executive Branch.
... How come you didn't feel that way about Presidential power before 2016? ...
It's not about how I "feel" this how our Constitution was drafted and ratified.
... you completely negated Legislative and Judicial power as secondary...
Untrue. Reread my post. I quite clearly posted this: And Trump is accountable, Congress has the power of Impeachment. The DOJ and FBI aren't part of the Legislative Branch, they are part of the Executive Branch.
But their oath is not to the President, nor in the past has their loyalty expected to be.

Forum List

Back