Dems Big Push for 2014: Minimum Wage

The GOP is ready to puts limits on what the poor make, but fall short of putting limits on what the 1% make...why is that?

The GOP puts no limits on what anyone makes. That's the point, dumbshit.
The Democrats put limits on what everyone makes, or even if they can make anything at all.

Oh, then the GOP should have no trouble increasing the MINIMUM WAGE? No, they don't really care about those low income people...

neither do the democrats. they're just trying to buy votes. Obamacare sure isn't going to get them enough to win

Awesome! I might actually vote for a decent democrat if there is such a thing left. I know I can't stand the democratic senator I have.I also hope her opponents as well so...

The GOP is ready to puts limits on what the poor make, but fall short of putting limits on what the 1% make...why is that?

The GOP puts no limits on what anyone makes. That's the point, dumbshit.
The Democrats put limits on what everyone makes, or even if they can make anything at all.

Oh, then the GOP should have no trouble increasing the MINIMUM WAGE? No, they don't really care about those low income people...

Yeah.. should support raising the wage of someone who does noting to earn that wage increase... :rolleyes:

What a fucking idiot you are

You want more, fucking do something to earn it, put yourself in more demand, take more responsibility.. SOMETHING

I'll say it again. What is the big deal about raising the minimum wage to $9 an hour. To me it is a no-brainer.

omygosh I'm going to sound like a commie here:eusa_pray:

but I do believe oh I'm sweating this post big time I think there have to be minimum wage standards to reflect where workers are living.

Awesome! I might actually vote for a decent democrat if there is such a thing left. I know I can't stand the democratic senator I have.I also hope her opponents as well so...

As long as democrats continue to try to infringe on our rights, i'll never vote for one. I always swore I would never be a party line voter. But the current democrats have pushed me to that

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/30/u...rn-to-minimum-wage-as-2014-strategy.html?_r=0

The effort to take advantage of growing populism among voters in both parties is being coordinated by officials from the White House, labor unions and liberal advocacy groups.

In a series of strategy meetings and conference calls among them in recent weeks, they have focused on two levels: an effort to raise the federal minimum wage, which will be pushed by President Obama and congressional leaders, and a campaign to place state-level minimum wage proposals on the ballot in states with hotly contested congressional races.

With polls showing widespread support for an increase in the $7.25-per-hour federal minimum wage among both Republican and Democratic voters, top Democrats see not only a wedge issue that they hope will place Republican candidates in a difficult position, but also a tool with which to enlarge the electorate in a nonpresidential election, when turnout among minorities and youths typically drops off.

“It puts Republicans on the wrong side of an important value issue when it comes to fairness,” said Dan Pfeiffer, the president’s senior adviser. “You can make a very strong case that this will be a helpful issue for Democrats in 2014. But the goal here is to actually get it done. That’s why the president put it on the agenda.”

That's certainly going to make the 2014 elections interesting.
So the dems are using class warfare as a campaign platform. Big deal.
This is a democrat operative smokescreen.
Because vulnerable democrats up for reelection are going to have to face the voters on Obamacare and the stagnant economy, the DNC dredged up the minimum wage.
As if increasing that is going to change anything long term.
This is nothing more than the democrats trying to shore up their voting base.
The low wage workers are being USED by democrats..
I cannot wait for Barry's State of the Union campaign speech.
I will be stocking up on Allegra because I am allergic to bullshit.
Ya know what. The GOP should agree to an increase in the MIin wage. But a small incremental increase.
This way the dems don't get to use it as a campaign strategy. Because class envy is all they have.

If you live in Toronto for example, yours would be NYC right? You have to scale a wage scale based on the cost of living.

But how the heck do you do that then? I'd actually love to see some one address this. I don't know how you could do it.

And screw politicians. They just want votes.

But I would love to see some one tackle this issue.

As long as democrats continue to try to infringe on our rights, i'll never vote for one. I always swore I would never be a party line voter. But the current democrats have pushed me to that

Yep. I won't be voting republican or democrat ever again. Neither represents my views so why waste a vote on them. Just gives them the false understanding I agree to them representing me. I like James Trafficant. He was a democrat.

Pretty smart move if the DEMS are willing to play the long game with it. The nation is ready for a higher FMW. The basic lie about it is that it will raise prices. Prices are rising anyway without the added benefit of additional pay for the workers so, at least, this will include that benefit.

Again, when you have a consumer based economy and wages for the consumers remain flat, you're going to have some economic problems since your engine isn't getting any fuel. At the very least, this will be fuel for the engine. I doubt the engine will go very far at the outset because a lot of the new monies will go toward debt reduction but after that, you'll see some real growth.

Artificial increases in wages are inflationary. Any increase will be negated by price increases.
You people have but one message, that increases ion wages really don't cause prices to rise. That's a lie. The answer is simple. The bottom line is that the money has to come from somewhere. The business owner, especially the small business owner with slim margins to start with will simple pass the increased cost along to the end user. Or if forced to maintain current pricing structure, the business will make adjustments in the cost of labor.
Remember, labor is the highest percentage cost of doing business. And it is the easiest to control. So guess what? The very people an increase in min wage is supposed to help, will end up being adversely affected. It happens every time.
I say, raise the min wage. But raise it slowly and incrementally.
Say 25 cents per year for the next 5 years. This way the marketplace is able to adjust.
A large increase of $1 or $1.50 would be a shock to the system. The result of which would be devastating.
Here's the rub...This min wage thing affects maybe 1 or 2% of the total workforce. However, the effects on a small business are magnified in that the typical payroll of a small business such as a restaurant or a convenience store has a higher proportion of low or min wage workers. Therefore any increase would create an undue burden on only a certain sector of the marketplace. That's government picking winners and losers. That's not the job of government.

Yep. I won't be voting republican or democrat ever again. Neither represents my views so why waste a vote on them. Just gives them the false understanding I agree to them representing me. I like James Trafficant. He was a democrat.

You have a real problem down there now, the parties are ruled from insiders.

So even if you like and elect for example a really good blue dog democrat as soon as that soul gets inside the beltway you might as well mail your elected official years of vaseline.

Because he or she is going to get completely get fucked over.

Gee, you guys didn't care one way or another if unemployment benefits expired when you passed that budget deal. Your concern is disingenuous. And if you haven't noticed, Obamacare is the 800 lb gorilla in the room, not minimum wage.

As far as the elections go, the term "turkey shoot" comes to mind.

Are you really trying to claim that Democrats are responsible for the fact that unemployment benefit extensions were ended?

And....why are you trying to derail the thread by including those comments on Obamacare? Have you no respect for BDBoops's thread?

Yes. The democrats demand too much. They want an indefinite period where people can stay on unemployment. The problem is the states carry most of the burden.
Most states cannot afford the additional expense and cannot wait for the federal government to send reimbursement payments.
Many states have by legislation gone ahead and shortened the length of time a person can collect or have set lower limits on weekly benefits. Or both.

Oh goody! MORE vote buying as it will run more businesses out of business AND cost more jobs.

The left still doesn't get it, they never will.

332-206.

If you can't beat them...

Hey cupcake, that shit is OVER. It's water under the bridge.
It means nothing.
You are part of the problem. For once, stop being part of the problem.

So what do you guys do then?

I'm looking at this mess and I'm thinking this is going to explode.

Yup, my wonderful, all-inclusive insurance remains intact.

This does not preclude me wanting to see all americans with health insurance, especially those with pre-existing conditions.

And we wouldn't have to be addressing the minimum wage issue if Americans had gotten a cost-of-living increase every time Congress gave themselves one. :thup:

Why? What business is it of yours?
Do you think your insurer will be immune from the additional expense of covering per existing conditions? You'd better think again. Those costs will be passed along to healthy people in the form of much larger premiums. It has to be that way. The money HAS to come from somewhere.
Obamacare will NEVER insure every single person.
In fact the CBO prediction is somewhere between 15 and 25 million will remain without health insurance. Mostly as a matter of choice.

This is more damage control targeted at their lowbrow constiuency; ingratiation - an attempt to recover some grace, and their further continuence to destroy wealth. The free market should be the sole establisher of wage - it is the only fair institution!

You must have an amusing idea of what 'fair' is.

The concept of fair is a liberal fantasy.

Forum List

Back