Dems Fla dreams crushed

They cain't vote.
Reading not really your thing, eh?

The cannot vote UNLESS they pay their fines and probation/court costs...if they do..they can vote.

From your OP:

A federal appeals court dominated by President Donald Trump's nominees ruled Friday that hundreds of thousands of Florida felons who have completed their sentences cannot vote this fall or in the future unless they pay fees and fines owed to the state.

The legal battle stems from a constitutional amendment passed by Florida voters in 2018 that allows most felons to vote after their sentences are complete. Those convicted of murder or a felony sexual offense are not included.

In response, the Republican-controlled state Legislature passed and Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a law requiring that felons first pay all of their financial obligations.
There are about 775,000 felons in the state who have completed their prison sentences, including parole or probation. So far, at least 85,000 have registered to vote but must be screened for eligibility, based on the financial requirements.
So basically, the felons can't vote.
Nope..so basically....the ex-felons can vote.,...once they pay their financial bills to the state. Most do, you know--the state sees to it! It would appear..that some think that 85,000 votes might make a diff? That's how many are registered.
If you keep getting people who are not the best voting in not the best, we will be 2nd and 3rd world nation in status. Part of us are already. Its almost like you are wishing this to happen. Your view is we must have a Prog in office or else.
Nope..my view..is that I want good, competent governance without fighting our cultural battles in our Govt.. Best good for the greatest number sort of stuff. No drama and a willingness to sacrifice ideological purity on the alter of necessity. As to ex-felons voting..most states allow it..and I doubt that it has any significant effect on results..especially on the national level.

Many ex-cons are conservative. The reason is many think they got what they deserved. Out of 85,000 ex-felons in Florida I would estimate the split between Democrats and Republicans are 55% to 45%. In Florida possibly enough to turn a state election if they were to vote, which is far from a sure thing.

I think you're wrong, especially given the fact per capita, there are a lot more black prisoners than white. We both know how blacks have voted the last several decades. Then I found this:

Newsweek is a really crummy site that won't let me copy/ paste, but it says that in a 2016 study, they found white inmates to be 40% Republican, and the rest were Democrats or unaffiliated voters. However for blacks, they are 87% Democrat. All things considered, our prisons are loaded with Democrats:

View attachment 387677

He's not wrong about Florida.

I can't find any study specifically about Florida, but my Newsweek article claims that no matter what political affiliation, ex-cons tend to not vote at all even if allowed to.
Most likely true...IMO. Makes you wonder why some have the need to make this an issue?

Nope..my view..is that I want good, competent governance without fighting our cultural battles in our Govt.. Best good for the greatest number sort of stuff. No drama and a willingness to sacrifice ideological purity on the alter of necessity. As to ex-felons voting..most states allow it..and I doubt that it has any significant effect on results..especially on the national level.

You just CLEARLY made the case for voting Republican.

OK..if you say so..i say Trump has lost the vote of white males over 60 in Florida..because they think he's killing them!
Florida is not looking good for Trump.

I'm not sure where you got (or fabricated) this info, but I believe you also called for "Hillary in a landslide" in 2016
You'd be wrong..again.

Perhaps..if the R's were not running Trump..who is the opposite of all those things I enumerated.

OK..if you say so..i say Trump has lost the vote of white males over 60 in Florida..because they think he's killing them!

I'm not sure where you got (or fabricated) this info, but I believe you also called for "Hillary in a landslide" in 2016
You'd be wrong..again.

Yet......you have no sources......
There is the possibility that you simply don't know better

Many ex-cons are conservative. The reason is many think they got what they deserved. Out of 85,000 ex-felons in Florida I would estimate the split between Democrats and Republicans are 55% to 45%. In Florida possibly enough to turn a state election if they were to vote, which is far from a sure thing.

I think you're wrong, especially given the fact per capita, there are a lot more black prisoners than white. We both know how blacks have voted the last several decades. Then I found this:

Newsweek is a really crummy site that won't let me copy/ paste, but it says that in a 2016 study, they found white inmates to be 40% Republican, and the rest were Democrats or unaffiliated voters. However for blacks, they are 87% Democrat. All things considered, our prisons are loaded with Democrats:

View attachment 387677

I can't find any study specifically about Florida, but my Newsweek article claims that no matter what political affiliation, ex-cons tend to not vote at all even if allowed to.
Most likely true...IMO. Makes you wonder why some have the need to make this an issue?

My opinion is that criminal activity should come with punishment, and two of them are voting and firearms. A guy gets out of jail because he beat and raped a woman. His rights get restored, but the woman has to live in fear the rest of her life. It changed forever, so why shouldn't his?

If somebody wipes out your family in the minivan, it doesn't matter if he or she was drunk or not. What matters to you is you lost everything, and so should that person who deliberately drank and couldn't safely operate a vehicle. As it is today, you can get anywhere from three to seven years for vehicular homicide.

Last but not least is that the only way to retard crime is to provide punishment. The stronger the punishment, the more the deterrent. Removing deterrents defeats the purpose of punishment.

Perhaps..if the R's were not running Trump..who is the opposite of all those things I enumerated.

Exactly what has Trump done again? (Other than fake news from CNN / MSNBC)?

Hey look, if Trump really is the modern Hitler, convince me with fact but leave the emotional BS at home.

You'd be wrong..again.

Another major difference from 2016 is among seniors. The poll shows Biden with a slim lead among seniors in the state, 49% to 48%, but four years ago, Trump won Florida seniors, 57% to 40%, according to the exit poll.

Exactly what has Trump done again? (Other than fake news from CNN / MSNBC)?

Hey look, if Trump really is the modern Hitler, convince me with fact but leave the emotional BS at home.
You seem to be having some conversation that I'm not really a part of? Hitler..huh?

What emotional bs is that?

Too funny!

Another major difference from 2016 is among seniors. The poll shows Biden with a slim lead among seniors in the state, 49% to 48%, but four years ago, Trump won Florida seniors, 57% to 40%, according to the exit poll.

Your sources.....TOO FUNNY!!
An MSNBC poll says Trump is losing yep....too funny

Unlike you, I don't worship at the alter of elected officials.
My position is that NO ONE in DC has Americans best interest in mind.
DC is a cult of power and wealth that looks out for itself.

If you believed Obama was your savior.......that would make you a sucker.

Last edited:

You'd be wrong..again.

Imagine celebrating voter suppression of fellow Americans. This is your Cult45 party. This is the only path to their survival come November. Pathetic. They have no policy, no principles and just take their cues from an uneducated, fat Orange narcissist.

Best of luck to them. :113:

Thanks, but I don't think we'll need it.

You see, we don't want a President that's going to drastically increase taxes and regulations on our job creators. We're going to need them in the near future more than ever. We don't want to see our fuel costs double or more because they got rid of fracking. We don't want to see our nice neighborhoods destroyed because of social experiments like putting high-crime lowlifes into those nice areas, and cutting our property value in half. We built these communities for our own standards, not theirs.

I'm super familiar with the reality of the "fuck everyone else' ideology of today's Cult45. You don't want taxes raised, which is a standard right talking point. Do you care about the countries debt? Hell no. You want to trash the environment because you don't want to pay higher gas prices or embrace alternative forms of energy. You don't want scary brown people in your gated neighborhoods. I get it.

Imagine celebrating voter suppression of fellow Americans. This is your Cult45 party. This is the only path to their survival come November. Pathetic. They have no policy, no principles and just take their cues from an uneducated, fat Orange narcissist.

Best of luck to them. :113:

Thanks, but I don't think we'll need it.

You see, we don't want a President that's going to drastically increase taxes and regulations on our job creators. We're going to need them in the near future more than ever. We don't want to see our fuel costs double or more because they got rid of fracking. We don't want to see our nice neighborhoods destroyed because of social experiments like putting high-crime lowlifes into those nice areas, and cutting our property value in half. We built these communities for our own standards, not theirs.

I'm super familiar with the reality of the "fuck everyone else' ideology of today's Cult45. You don't want taxes raised, which is a standard right talking point. Do you care about the countries debt? Hell no. You want to trash the environment because you don't want to pay higher gas prices or embrace alternative forms of energy. You don't want scary brown people in your gated neighborhoods. I get it.

Correct, I don't want taxes raised. How does industry expand and create jobs when government is taking more of their money? Yes, I do care about the debt, that's one of the many reasons I vote Republican. See the last bill that failed? The Republicans in the Senate really scaled down the Democrats huge spending bill, and they refused to go along. They voted it down because Republicans wouldn't spend enough.

Fracking provides a much cleaner environment. It has a much less carbon footprint than standard drilling. Do you have an alternative fuel that's just as economical, just as plentiful, and just as reliable as fossil fuels? I'm ready to hear about it.

I don't live in a gated community. I live in a very diverse community and have section 8 housing right next door. It's horrible, that's why I'm sounding the alarm. I'm constantly on the phone calling police because of noise late at night into early mornings on work nights. They threaten my livelihood by waking up my tenants who have to get up at 6:00am. I no longer have many stores five or ten minutes away. They closed them all down due to armed robberies and shoplifting. I don't want to see this social engineering happening all over the country.

This is old news. And yes the State won on the merits of the case they MUST pay all fines and restitution before regaining the right to vote.
It’s an example of the people of a state voting for something and the political elites doing everything they can to prevent that from happening.

Florida is such a screwed up state and sometimes it seems like it’s by design.

View attachment 387677

The majority of ex cons probably do not vote even if allowed, hell not even a big percentage of people vote in general.

Forum List

Back