Deported veterans fight to return 'home' from Mexico

They are non citizens. They committed deportable crimes in this country. Send them back where they came from.

and after working for the USA government they suddenly become special . Doesn't make sense to me .

I can live with these guys getting a pass (but just them, not their illegal family members), but what I want to know is just how they managed to enlist in the first place without a legal birth certificate, school transcripts, SSN, and/or green cards. If they weren't here legally how did they get the paperwork to enlist?

when i was growing up every American Dad was a veteran from ww2 or korea . They went in the military at a young age , some survived the duration . Some died in France and other foreign lands . My Dad survived , got a job in a coal mine , didn't like it so he got a job on the railroad , got married , had 5 kids that he and Mom raised in good fashion on one paycheck for all of their lives till when the kids wanted to leave home .

whats so special about these guys , they needed a job , got a job , ate well , maybe got their teeth fixed , made some money , maybe learned English . ------------ liberals aren't very thoughtful about the future Bodecea .

My guess is that most of them lived here most of their lives and spoke good English, or they wouldn't have passed the tests they give you when you join. After they took the oath, they belonged to the government till the end of their enlistment. They did serve their country. I believe they should get citizenship because of that, or at least legal immigrant status.

I can live with these guys getting a pass (but just them, not their illegal family members), but what I want to know is just how they managed to enlist in the first place without a legal birth certificate, school transcripts, SSN, and/or green cards. If they weren't here legally how did they get the paperwork to enlist?
---------------------------------------- there are politicians that push special programs Steven .

Fascinating......pretty much what to expect from the Right.

So much for your librat fallacy propaganda. Always bias one sided, never digging for whole truth. Full story:

Deported veterans: Banished for committing crimes after serving in U.S. military

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/deported-veterans-banished-for-committing-crimes-after-serving-in-us-military/2013/08/12/44f81098-ffa9-11e2-9a3e-916de805f65d_story.html

U.S. immigration law states that noncitizens who commit serious crimes forfeit their right to remain in the country. Deported veterans and their advocates say those who wear the uniform should be treated as U.S. citizens: punished for any crimes they commit, but not deported.

Although deported veterans are banned for life, they are welcome to return when they are dead. Honorably discharged veterans, even deportees, are entitled to burial at a U.S. military cemetery with an engraved headstone and their casket draped with an American flag, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs. VA will even pay $300 toward the cost of bringing a deportee’s remains to the United States.

One of the few politicians who have been willing to raise the issue is Rep. Mike Thompson (D-Calif.), an Army veteran who was wounded in Vietnam. He and a Republican colleague, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (Fla.), introduced legislation this year that would have required the secretary of homeland security to sign off on each deportation proceeding against a veteran.

But in June, he said, House leaders declined to consider the proposal, a move that he called a “slap in the face to our veterans, our service members and our history as a nation of immigrants.”

1. Minority Leaders of the House (1899 to present)

112th (2011–2013) PELOSI, Nancy Democrat
    113th (2013–2015) PELOSI, Nancy Democrat
    114th (2015–2017) PELOSI, Nancy Democrat
    57 more rows, 1 more column
    Minority Leaders | US House of Representatives: History, Art ...
    history.house.gov/.../Minority-Leade...
    United States House of Representatives
Since 2002, it has been easier for noncitizen recruits to become citizens. President George W. Bush signed an executive order that allows all noncitizens who have served honorably for one day during the war on terrorism to apply for U.S. citizenship.
usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/02/09/10365383-banished-us-deports-hundreds-of-military-veterans

Last edited:

Forum List

Back