DeSantis Decries 'Incredibly, Incredibly Disturbing' Books In School Libraries, Pushes Education Law...Republicans are literally canceling culture

So DeSantis just signed into law a bill that allows parents to petition to remove books and learning materials from schools and libraries if they deem them ‘inappropriate.’

School boards and PTAs have been doing that for nearly 100 years ...

adventures-of-huckleberry-finn-136.jpg

Please provide a synopsis and grade level the book was in.

Here's another one....

A book detailing the sexual exploits of a young man is on the approved reading list for students as young as sixth grade in some Johnson County School districts. The Blue Valley, Olathe, and Shawnee Mission School Districts are responding to agitated parents after an Olathe school board candidate posted pages from the “All Boys Aren’t Blue” to Facebook.
----

Pages from the book posted on social media are graphic.

“He reached his hand down and pulled out my dick. He quickly went to giving head,” page 266 of the book reads.

According to Gilmore, it’s not appropriate for a school setting.

“If we’re just talking about what’s appropriate language for children, I would guarantee you that if I took this book to a board meeting, I could not read it out loud,” she said in the Facebook video. “…They would shut down the meeting.”
-----
A Shawnee Mission Elementary School newsletter listed the book as among its new titles for ages 12-18, but the digital copy of the newsletter no longer includes the list of new titles.

The book ended up in a 7th grade English classroom in Olathe thanks to a grant from the Olathe Schools Foundation.

Books are a good thing. I read anything i can get my hands on.

So DeSantis just signed into law a bill that allows parents to petition to remove books and learning materials from schools and libraries if they deem them ‘inappropriate.’

Republicans are literally canceling culture.

So they can petition and have a hearing and voice their concerns. The HORROR! Parents having a say in their kid’s education. The HORROR!

Here's another one....

A book detailing the sexual exploits of a young man is on the approved reading list for students as young as sixth grade in some Johnson County School districts. The Blue Valley, Olathe, and Shawnee Mission School Districts are responding to agitated parents after an Olathe school board candidate posted pages from the “All Boys Aren’t Blue” to Facebook.
----

Pages from the book posted on social media are graphic.

“He reached his hand down and pulled out my dick. He quickly went to giving head,” page 266 of the book reads.

According to Gilmore, it’s not appropriate for a school setting.

“If we’re just talking about what’s appropriate language for children, I would guarantee you that if I took this book to a board meeting, I could not read it out loud,” she said in the Facebook video. “…They would shut down the meeting.”
-----
A Shawnee Mission Elementary School newsletter listed the book as among its new titles for ages 12-18, but the digital copy of the newsletter no longer includes the list of new titles.

The book ended up in a 7th grade English classroom in Olathe thanks to a grant from the Olathe Schools Foundation.

That's it? You guys are really scared of gays.

You are an idiot...

“Gender Queer," an illustrated memoir, contains explicit illustrations of oral sex and masturbation. The novel “Lawn Boy” contains graphic descriptions of sex between men and children. Both books were previous winners of the American Library Association’s Alex Awards, which each year recognize “ten books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults ages 12 through 18.”

Florida...

Gender Queer....for 12 year olds...talking about strap on harnesses....you can see a parent reading from the book at the school board meeting...

Dildos and strap ons, blow jobs for 12 year olds....you guys are fucking sick...you can watch the video at the link....

You should do a bit of research. The one book does not contain accounts of sex between adults and children, it contains a narrative of an adult man remembering having sex with a fourth grader when he was in fourth grade. And this book was not part of any curriculum but available for checkout from the school library. A high school.

So guys are hung ho into book banning. You want to ban books featuring racial issues, lgbtq characters, trying to fit in in a mainly white school when you aren’t white….are you trying to take us back to the unreality of Leave it to Beaver where uncomfortable topics cease to exist? You’ve already banned teachers from discussing them, now you are banning books….and you think teens aren’t going to read it?

So they can petition and have a hearing and voice their concerns. The HORROR! Parents having a say in their kid’s education. The HORROR!
Do they care about anything else? The math instruction, English, foreign language?

You should do a bit of research. The one book does not contain accounts of sex between adults and children, it contains a narrative of an adult man remembering having sex with a fourth grader when he was in fourth grade. And this book was not part of any curriculum but available for checkout from the school library. A high school.

So guys are hung ho into book banning. You want to ban books featuring racial issues, lgbtq characters, trying to fit in in a mainly white school when you aren’t white….are you trying to take us back to the unreality of Leave it to Beaver where uncomfortable topics cease to exist? You’ve already banned teachers from discussing them, now you are banning books….and you think teens aren’t going to read it?

So guys are hung ho into book banning.

No...shithead...we don't want books meant to groom children for sex with adults.........pretty simple policy...

Do they care about anything else? The math instruction, English, foreign language?

Oh, we care about math, english and history, and the democrats running the public schools aren't teaching those things......and then make room for books grooming young children for sex....

Oh, we care about math, english and history, and the democrats running the public schools aren't teaching those things......and then make room for books grooming young children for sex....
Only see. Topics about da Gayz. And Florida sucks for schools. They need to address that first.

Please explain to us how keeping books about blow jobs, strap on dildos, and rape are keeping children from math, english, history and science...

Please, enlighten us.....

Then explain to us why the democrat party control of the education system can't teach students math, english, history or science......

Please explain to us how keeping books about blow jobs, strap on dildos, and rape are keeping children from math, english, history and science...

Please, enlighten us.....

Then explain to us why the democrat party control of the education system can't teach students math, english, history or science......
Florida is at the forefront of nothing.

Only see. Topics about da Gayz. And Florida sucks for schools. They need to address that first.

Yes.....try to deflect the fact that these books are meant to groom young children for sex with adults, by saying "Gay" repeatedly..........

Tell us how blow jobs, strap on dildos and child rape are appropriate topics for young children and even teens in high schools paid for by the public...

If an idiot like you brought up any of those things to a child outside of school, you would be arrested...but you put it in schools hoping to protect yourselves from being caught grooming children...

Forum List

Back