DeSantis Supports Florida's New School Curriculum That Calls Slavery a 'Benefit' for Black Americans

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Over the past couple of years, Florida, led by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, has passed several controversial pieces of legislation.

The most recent was approved on May 29, 2024, which states that Florida's public schools will now teach a curriculum that claims Black Americans actually benefited from slavery.

You can't make this ish up folks.

Please tell me some of the benefits black rec'd from slavery.

Over the past couple of years, Florida, led by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, has passed several controversial pieces of legislation.

The most recent was approved on May 29, 2024, which states that Florida's public schools will now teach a curriculum that claims Black Americans actually benefited from slavery.

Such was a commonly held belief in the Episcopalian town of my
childhood. The... uhm "N-People"--were lucky to get christianity
in America

There is no denying that American Negros in general benefit from the highest standards of living compared to native African descendants that escaped the slave trade. No one can name a single Black run African country that supplies it's constituents with more opportunity, saftey, and freedom than the US does for Negros. Not one..

An old trope but a true one.
"Today's blacks are the beneficiaries of slavery in that without it they would still live in Africa."
However, many would say that it might have been better for them if their ancestors hadn't come here as slaves. Of course, to determine that one must compare the lives of those African ancestors over the same time period, up to the present.

They did benefit in some ways. It brought savages into modern society and jumpstarted their stalled evolution.

they could have got that in Africa too....
Ummm. Not as nice as being Christian here.

An old trope but a true one.
"Today's blacks are the beneficiaries of slavery in that without it they would still live in Africa."
However, many would say that it might have been better for them if their ancestors hadn't come here as slaves. Of course, to determine that one must compare the lives of those African ancestors over the same time period, up to the present.

Another aspect is how different might Africa look today had not so many of it prime age population not been taken and sold as slaves.

There is no denying that American Negros in general benefit from the highest standards of living compared to native African descendants that escaped the slave trade. No one can name a single Black run African country that supplies it's constituents with more opportunity, saftey, and freedom than the US does for Negros. Not one..

Human Beings would rather live rough and ready than live under tyranny.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It was a benefit. The only reason the negros in this country are doing as well as they are is because their ancestors were brought over as slaves. Otherwise you'd all be living in tent huts in the middle of bum fuck Africa.

Your ancestors being brought here where slavery was abolished. If they hadn’t come here, you would likely still be a slave in your homeland

Human Beings would rather live rough and ready than live under tyranny.
Exactly. I've heard this argument before about how the slaves would otherwise have lived in the wilds of Africa, struggling to survive.

I put it this way to a co-worker who said pretty much the same thing: I would much rather live free and subsist on hunting and gathering than live in relative safety in bondage.

It's a stupid argument.

Hard to do when none of us have ever lived in any country in Africa. Furthermore redneck, you have never done a damn thing for any black person.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
We have seen what Christianity looks like in America.
well IMHO it is insulting to suggest that persons caught up in the
SLAVE TRADE ---benefitted thereby in any way. HOWEVER---I am also
not into the RACE THEORIES OF WORLD HISTORY that pit the NOBLE
BLACK as NOBLE VICTIM against the vile white

Forum List

Back