Destroying the Rule of Law to Get Trump

I think the concern was that Trump had become mentally unstable and dangerous after he lost the election, and staffers didn't know what he'd do next.
Then it would be incumbent on Congress to take action at that point, not for individuals to take action on their own and subvert the chain of command. If a general were to be so seriously certain that the president was unstable and dangerous, the thing to do would be for the Joint Chiefs of Staff to present a united front to Congress demanding that they take action, letting them know that they were going to defy any presidential orders that they believed were dangerous. IOW, they would overturn the government without igniting a coup. Do it the right way.

Do we really want a world in which a general feels safe going to a foreign nation behind the Commander in Chief's back?

He did if China had worries about the mental state of Trump. It's best if everyone with large guns keeps a cool head.
He's a treasonous faggot subordinate POS like yourself that has no business judging anyone's "mental state", let alone the president of the United States.
You are completely WRONG and you should shut the fuck up about this.

He did if China had worries about the mental state of Trump. It's best if everyone with large guns keeps a cool head.
That's still not his call to make. If he was really worried about it, he should have taken it to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, then Congress, not China.

There were LOTS of reasons to contact China, and if you had a lick of common sense, we wouldn't have to explain that to you. It's self evident.
And I shouldn't have to explain why it wasn't his call to make. Would you support a general contacting North Korea because they were scared Quid Pro Joe was so out of touch that he might attack them? Of course, you would, you're consistent, aren't you?

And I shouldn't have to explain why it wasn't his call to make. Would you support a general contacting North Korea because they were scared Quid Pro Joe was so out of touch that he might attack them? Of course, you would, you're consistent, aren't you?

As Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff it was MOST definitely his call to make. In fact, the only other person with sufficient authority to make such a call, is the Secretary of State.

As for your second sentence, Joe Biden isn't batshit crazy, unlike Trump. Yesterday was the aniversary of Trump's assassination of the Iranian defense minister - a violation of international law. Nor has he ever asked the military why we can't use the nukes.

As Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff it was MOST definitely his call to make. In fact, the only other person with sufficient authority to make such a call, is the Secretary of State.
If a general really thinks the president is unstable, he needs to take it to Congress and accept the risk to his career, not a foreign nation. He was literally undercutting his Commander in Chief, and there are only a few ways that's acceptable to do.
As for your second sentence, Joe Biden isn't batshit crazy, unlike Trump. Yesterday was the aniversary of Trump's assassination of the Iranian defense minister - a violation of international law. Nor has he ever asked the military why we can't use the nukes.
We had 4 years of TRUMP!'s international diplomacy with no new military hostilities, something that no president can claim since who, Carter? I assume by your response that you would not be so accepting if a general openly defied his authority by doing something like this. Then it would be tears and screams of "treason", "kill him", etc. Remember, all that's required is for a general to think a foreign power is afraid of the president.

That's still not his call to make. If he was really worried about it, he should have taken it to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, then Congress, not China.
As he testified to under oath, his calls to Chinese counterparts were routine and happened with the knowledge of the Sec. of D. It would help make these discussions more constructive if you knew what the fuck you were talking about.

Still not seeing the harm. The goal is to prevent unnecessary tensions leading to tragic mishaps with China.

He’s the chairman of the Joint Chiefs. Congress has nothing to do with it.

Still not seeing the harm. The goal is to prevent unnecessary tensions leading to tragic mishaps with China.

He’s the chairman of the Joint Chiefs. Congress has nothing to do with it.
It comes down to maintaining normal relations vs undercutting the Commander in Chief. "How are the wife and kids?" vs "Don't worry about the crackpot in the Oval Office, we have him under control".

hadit is barely sentient is the point.
Wow, would you look at that. I'm rendered almost speechless by the sheer audacity of the tactic. I stand in awe at the idea. If only I had thought of making a feeble insult against someone I wasn't even talking to. Oh, the wasted time and effort. If only, if only. And to think it would have been so easy because there are so many things that could be said. What a target rich environment that is. So many people say so many things on this board. If only we had thought of it.

I'm going back to the council with this idea. I think they're going to want to know about this. Guys, seriously, we didn't have to outgrow the stuff we said in the sandbox when we were 5 years old.

It comes down to maintaining normal relations vs undercutting the Commander in Chief. "How are the wife and kids?" vs "Don't worry about the crackpot in the Oval Office, we have him under control".
How was the commander in chief undercut?

Now Biden is a burglar able to sneak in and get dozens of documents without anyone knowing. Unlikely.

What probably happened? The documents were sent to him by the White House so he could be aware and God Forbid anything happen to Obama we didn’t have a replay of Truman when FDR died.
Interesting theory, and the CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS Joe had scattered in his garage from DECADES BEFORE OBAMA when he was in the Senate? How about those ILLEGAL CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT hmmm.

Forum List

Back