DHS Officer Calls in SWAT Over Veteran Practicing with Air Gun, kid you not

Then take heart. That thing only shoots around 400 fps which is extremely(a fast paintball gun shoots at 300 fps) weak even for a pellet gun. Sure it could take an eye out,but when you consider a decent pellet rifle shoots at around 1200 fps that pistol is a piece of crap. And their is no way it would ever chip a brick or even go through a fence board for that matter.
I would still insist to see his backstop and go buy a cheap BB gun just to screw with him.:razz:

My neighbor is NOT using a fucking pellet gun. What don't you get about that? He is using a Luger.

Luger pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BECAUSE YOU NEVER SAID HE WAS SHOOTING A REAL GUN!!!
HOW'S THAT FOR A FUCKING ANSWER!!!! AND WE WERE TALKING ABOUT PELLET GUNS!! AND YOU CAN BUY LUGER PELLET PISTOLS!!!
For fucks sake why didnt you say he was using a real gun. And I find it hard to believe this guy is shooting guns at your house and the cops did nothing. I dont give a fuck if you live in the middle of fucking nowhere,if someone is shooting at your house they would take action.
And if you were interested in catching him you would be a little more proactive and buy a video recorder.
I'm calling bullshit.

Then take heart. That thing only shoots around 400 fps which is extremely(a fast paintball gun shoots at 300 fps) weak even for a pellet gun. Sure it could take an eye out,but when you consider a decent pellet rifle shoots at around 1200 fps that pistol is a piece of crap. And their is no way it would ever chip a brick or even go through a fence board for that matter.
I would still insist to see his backstop and go buy a cheap BB gun just to screw with him.:razz:

My neighbor is NOT using a fucking pellet gun. What don't you get about that? He is using a Luger.

Luger pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BECAUSE YOU NEVER SAID HE WAS SHOOTING A REAL GUN!!!
HOW'S THAT FOR A FUCKING ANSWER!!!! AND WE WERE TALKING ABOUT PELLET GUNS!! AND YOU CAN BUY LUGER PELLET PISTOLS!!!
For fucks sake why didnt you say he was using a real gun. And I find it hard to believe this guy is shooting guns at your house and the cops did nothing. I dont give a fuck if you live in the middle of fucking nowhere,if someone is shooting at your house they would take action.
And if you were interested in catching him you would be a little more proactive and buy a video recorder.
I'm calling bullshit.

I thought you would get that it was a real gun when I said the guy had shot a hole in my brick house with a Luger. Duh. It is wooded between the two houses. Brush in the summertime, the only time he shoots, is thick and I can't video him doing it for that reason. But a bullet goes through the brush and he has the potential to hit EVERY house around. The answer from the sheriff is that he has done nothing illegal. in town it is illegal to shoot in a subdivision, but not in the county. I've asked them to come out and make sure they guy is not shooting toward homes and they won't do it because he is doing nothing illegal. My house was hit when I was not at home. But if it was shot when I was home he could still deny because of all the vegetation.

Call whatever you want to call I don't really give a shit. Even a nut job with a pellet gun is dangerous if he is shooting with houses nearby.

First of all he didnt shoot a hole in your brick house with a 9mm.
And if he did hit your house it would be pretty obvious that it was a bullet strike and a cop would recognize that. If I were you I'd buy a cheap metal detector and try and find the find the slug and hire an attorney who could then see if he could get a court order to try and match the rifling on the pistol.

Well, this is crazy............But a lot of pellet guns do look like a real gun...............

Perhaps they shouldn't have called in an army when a squad would have done the job..........

I can't blame the DHS individual for being concerned, but perhaps the DHS shouldn't hire people who hide under a rug if they think shots are being fired.

Amazing story.

What was the DHS guy doing in an empty house?

many pellet guns look just like real guns.

But they don't sound like real guns, and this DHS guy said he was down range when the gun was fired.

Honestly, it sounds like the DHS guy might be trying to pressure the vet into being an informant or something, who knows?

If it had been a one-off, I would agree.. However, if you watch the video, you will see where he had broken numerous windows with his ricochets. Since he had been shooting for quite a while, he knew what was going on. He showed a lack of concern where his projectiles went.

Neighborhood kids had been breaking windows long before he started shooting, Sherlock.

Man, you just cant give that VETERAN who fought for your rights a single fucking doubt, can you?

Makes me wonder if your claims to being a vetran are not just more internet bullshit.

You can wonder all you want... I spent my time. I will even tell you the locations of the three bases I was assigned to after Tech School... Arizona, Germany, and Florida.

One of those three bases is now closed.

And just because a person is a Vet doesn't mean they aren't an asshat and deserves to go to jail.

True but generally you need evidence of an actual crime to arrest someone, and in this case 'criminal mischief' means that they didn't have shit on the vet.

But you sure cut him lose PDQ when he crosses your comfort zone.

BTW, any fool can look up bases and when they closed.

You have no loyalty to fellow troops; but who knows, maybe you got rifted or kicked out.

Well, this is crazy............But a lot of pellet guns do look like a real gun...............

Perhaps they shouldn't have called in an army when a squad would have done the job..........

I can't blame the DHS individual for being concerned, but perhaps the DHS shouldn't hire people who hide under a rug if they think shots are being fired.

Amazing story.

Looking to buy it according to the OP.

And if he did hit your house it would be pretty obvious that it was a bullet strike and a cop would recognize that. If I were you I'd buy a cheap metal detector and try and find the find the slug and hire an attorney who could then see if he could get a court order to try and match the rifling on the pistol.

I thought about the metal detector part. But bottom line is regardless he can still deny it was him as my house has been here 30 years.

I thought about the metal detector part. But bottom line is regardless he can still deny it was him as my house has been here 30 years.

Not if you match the slug to his pistol. It really depends on how far you want to take it.
If you can match slug to pistol you sue for all cost from the metal detector to the lawyer.

Amazing story.

Yeah.

Buy any swampland lately?

:D

Amazing story.

he sounds more like a forward observer to me

Amazing story.

And we all know cops never lie, which is why he didn't claim that he heard gun shots from an air rifle.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back