did david gregory break the law on meet the press holding up that magazine

You're not sure if I'm addressing you or Greta?

Are you on something?

Do you or do you (that's YOU, not Greta somebody, or anyone else) not want to enforce gun control laws?

Since I posted Greta VanSusteren's words, which you can kind of tell because they're followed by an em dash and the words "Greta VanSustere", and you then addressed that post, quoted, in the second person, it sure looked like you were trying to address Greta. I'm not sure if you actually grasp that that's me quoting her, not her posting.

So I can't speak for her, but I can repeat what I just posted that flew over the cuckoo's nest: I haven't opined about gun control, laws or otherwise. At all. Ever. It's not my issue.

Capiche?
It's a simple yes or no question: Do you or do you not want to enforce gun control laws?

Capiche?

I'll answer:

Yes! And make new ones, with real enforcement.

David Gregory Actually Did Have Permission To Use Magazine Clip As Prop, Report Says

Oh well, there goes that. You still have Piers Morgan to deport. :lmao:

I called it.

I would bet money that:

• NBC contacted the DC PD and/or the local Federal Agency
  • NBC asked them to please supply a magazine for a segment on 'Meet The Press'
  • LE, as a public agency, was happy to help
  • Officer delivers, supervises, and controls possession of the magazine.

yes.gif
In case you didn't notice, the Metro PD has specifically said they did NOT grant permission to NBC.

And, they are still investigating why NBC was in possession of something they specifically told them they did not have permission to be in possession of.
It will turn out I'm right.

Since I posted Greta VanSusteren's words, which you can kind of tell because they're followed by an em dash and the words "Greta VanSustere", and you then addressed that post, quoted, in the second person, it sure looked like you were trying to address Greta. I'm not sure if you actually grasp that that's me quoting her, not her posting.

So I can't speak for her, but I can repeat what I just posted that flew over the cuckoo's nest: I haven't opined about gun control, laws or otherwise. At all. Ever. It's not my issue.

Capiche?
It's a simple yes or no question: Do you or do you not want to enforce gun control laws?

Capiche?

I'll answer:

Except for Gregory?

David Gregory Actually Did Have Permission To Use Magazine Clip As Prop, Report Says

The permission evidently came from a D.C. police official who informed the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

...Our sources say the D.C. police official informed ATF David could legally show the magazine, provided it was empty. An ATF official then called the staffer from “Meet the Press” to inform them they could use the magazine.
Oh well, there goes that. You still have Piers Morgan to deport. :lmao:

I called it.

I would bet money that:

• NBC contacted the DC PD and/or the local Federal Agency
  • NBC asked them to please supply a magazine for a segment on 'Meet The Press'
  • LE, as a public agency, was happy to help
  • Officer delivers, supervises, and controls possession of the magazine.

yes.gif

Gee, except for the part where MSNBC reports they were denied use of the magazine and a police investigation is still ongoing.

Gwendolyn Crump, director of the Office of Communications for the Washington Metropolitan Police Department, told ABC News, "NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated."

But ABC News has learned from an official at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives that NBC had reached out to the federal agency on Friday for advice before displaying the weaponry.

According to the ATF official, the agency noted that ATF doesn't enforce D.C. gun laws, but agreed to put the question to a couple of Washington police officers who've worked with the agency in the past.

The D.C. officers advised the ATF spokesman that Gregory could display the magazine, provided it was empty, the source said.

That turned out to be bad advice, as conservative media and gun rights activists were first to note. The ATF official describes this as a "misunderstanding," and says he hopes DC police will not bring charges.

Another Washington DC police officer and spokesperson Tisha Gant said the situation was "being investigated," but would give no other details including what exactly is under investigation.

So if I solicited sex from a decoy police officer, or bought sugar thinking it was cocaine.. I really am not breaking the law, even though the law says I am.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like it was run by NBC legal at all. Gregory is still subject to the local jurisdiction. NBC shold suspend him until the case is resolved at a minimum. Of course, there will be the mandatory firing of some underling.

Doesn't sound like it was run by NBC legal at all. Gregory is still subject to the local jurisdiction. NBC shold suspend him until the case is resolved at a minimum. Of course, there will be the mandatory firing of some underling.

What about accessory..

Where did Gregory buy the magazine
who brought it in, from where
Was it bought online

What about accessory..

Where did Gregory buy the magazine
who brought it in, from where
Was it bought online
Yup. The Metro PD may not be the only group he has to worry about.

Apparently some liberals believe it's OK for other liberals to break the law if they are making a point which furthers an agenda. I can't imagine the HORROR had it been Fox News were they to do the exact same thing.

Apparently some liberals believe it's OK for other liberals to break the law if they are making a point which furthers an agenda. I can't imagine the HORROR had it been Fox News were they to do the exact same thing.
As far as I'm concerned, fuck all of the "news" groups that are on the stupid tube. There's not a journalist among any of them.

Treat it like a civil disobedience charge, plead to the lesser charge and Gregory is hopefully the wiser. Doubtful, he has put his foot into his mouth many times. NBC should dump him as Face the Nation host.

If the cops specifically told me I could not do something because it broke the law, before I planned on doing it, I certainly wouldn't do it. And, if I were the cops, the fact that they still did it after specifically being told they could not, would not make me take it too easy on them.

Treat it like a civil disobedience charge, plead to the lesser charge and Gregory is hopefully the wiser. Doubtful, he has put his foot into his mouth many times. NBC should dump him as Face the Nation host.

NBC has far more problems than him.

Gwendolyn Crump, director of the Office of Communications for the Washington Metropolitan Police Department, told ABC News, "NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated."

But ABC News has learned from an official at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives that NBC had reached out to the federal agency on Friday for advice before displaying the weaponry.

According to the ATF official, the agency noted that ATF doesn't enforce D.C. gun laws, but agreed to put the question to a couple of Washington police officers who've worked with the agency in the past.

The D.C. officers advised the ATF spokesman that Gregory could display the magazine, provided it was empty, the source said.

That turned out to be bad advice, as conservative media and gun rights activists were first to note. The ATF official describes this as a "misunderstanding," and says he hopes DC police will not bring charges.

Another Washington DC police officer and spokesperson Tisha Gant said the situation was "being investigated," but would give no other details including what exactly is under investigation.

So if I solicited sex from a decoy police officer, or bought sugar thinking it was cocaine.. I really am not breaking the law, even though the law says I am.

No, dumbass. You have intent to break the law.

I'll answer:

Except for Gregory?
Gregory got it approved by LE.
Not according to Metro PD:

from D.C. police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump:

NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated.

NBC News and David Gregory: A legal problem or a journalism problem?

Except for Gregory?
Not according to Metro PD:
from D.C. police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump:

NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment. NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated.
NBC News and David Gregory: A legal problem or a journalism problem?

Except for Gregory?

Not through DC directly, he was denied.

Metro PD is not the only LE agency.

Forum List

Back