did david gregory break the law on meet the press holding up that magazine

What Greta didn't get:

Gregory should get a pass, because of 'celebrity?' This is right up there with his kids being with Obama's kids at the heavy security, Sidwell Friends School, while saying that armed guards and/or staff in public schools is wrong.

That's cute. Except Greta didn't say anything remotely resembling that. She posted about a "TV stunt" and how silly all this fake kerfuffle is and serious police priorities. She didn't say a word about "celebrity" or 'getting a pass". Neither of those words was used at all.

Yeah, cause she never considered those issues. That was the point. Gregory isn't a 'threat', thus is above the law, as a celebrity and as one who wishes to outlaw the 2nd amendment.

OK well you're still plugging in all kinds of assumptions that aren't there.
She never said or implied Gregory or anybody else was "above the law". And again, she never mentions "celebrity" at all, in any form.

Police ENFORCE the laws and arrest anyone that violates those laws. Are you finished with your foolish attempt to defend Gregory?

??

I'm in no position to "defend" Gregory. Why would I do that? I wasn't there, unlike some of you wags who can convict on the basis of "what it sounds like when it's dropped".

I was never here to defend or accuse Gregory. That's out of my league. I'm here to observe the hypocrisy. It's a spectator sport. And David Gregory is not the ball. You guys are.
I am amused by the hypocrisy of those who want more gun control laws, but are not willing to enforce the gun control laws already on the books.

And, please pardon me for saying you had three brain cells. You clearly cannot have more than two.

That's cute. Except Greta didn't say anything remotely resembling that. She posted about a "TV stunt" and how silly all this fake kerfuffle is and serious police priorities. She didn't say a word about "celebrity" or 'getting a pass". Neither of those words was used at all.

Yeah, cause she never considered those issues. That was the point. Gregory isn't a 'threat', thus is above the law, as a celebrity and as one who wishes to outlaw the 2nd amendment.

She never said or implied Gregory or anybody else was "above the law". And again, she never mentions "celebrity" at all, in any form.

That he's not been arrested, as any a regular DC person caught on tape with an illegal piece of weaponry would have been, speaks volumes.

If we want to control guns, then it would seem prudent to enforce the gun control laws we have. But, somehow that doesn't compute among your three brain cells.

Yeah well that's your premise, not mine. Perhaps your 1.5 brain cells missed the fact that I've said nothing about "gun control laws". I'm afraid that's your assssssssumption.

That he's not been arrested, as any a regular DC person caught on tape with an illegal piece of weaponry would have been, speaks volumes.

It might.
But that doesn't give you permission to put your own words into somebody else's mouth about "what she really meant".

If we want to control guns, then it would seem prudent to enforce the gun control laws we have. But, somehow that doesn't compute among your three brain cells.

Yeah well that's your premise, not mine. Perhaps your 1.5 brain cells missed the fact that I've said nothing about "gun control laws". I'm afraid that's your assssssssumption.
Oh, I've more than noticed that you've dodged my question about gun control laws.

If Gregory and/or NBC broke the law, then they should pay the fine and do the time.

It might.
But that doesn't give you permission to put your own words into somebody else's mouth about "what she really meant".
The First Amendment gives her the permission to say it, fuckwit.

It might.

But logic says no, shit-for-brains.
You can't just up and claim somebody said something they didn't say. That would make them like what you just did with me. Which is coming up next right after this message:
The First Amendment doesn't give anybody "permission" for anything, any more than Metro PD can give NBC "permission". What the First Amendment does is restrict government from restricting free speech. Nobody has to "give her permission" to say wrong shit. She's got the right to be wrong; that ain't the point. Never was. Sheesh.

Last edited:
It might.

You can't just up and claim somebody said something they didn't say. That would make them like what you just did with me. Which is coming up next.

Generally, I like Greta, in this case she was just an elitist like most of MSM.

It might.

You can't just up and claim somebody said something they didn't say. That would make them like what you just did with me. Which is coming up next.
I'm sorry about your brain damage.

Oh, I've more than noticed that you've dodged my question about gun control laws.

And I've more than noticed that you've less than noticed that I never brought them up. You did.
As stated before, we enforce laws, else what's the use of having them.

If Gregory and/or NBC broke the law, then they should pay the fine and do the time.

whatever... :eusa_whistle:

Have you seen this? I'd say somebody is going to be in deep doo doo over this. This puts this incident clearly in the "ruh roh" column if correct.

NBC was told it couldn't use gun magazine as a prop BEFORE David Gregory went on air, claim police

NBC requested permission from D.C. police to display a high-capacity gun magazine for a Sunday news show and was denied, but 'Meet the Press' host David Gregory used the prop anyway.

The Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police Department, which is investigating the matter, claims NBC was told in advance that the prop was 'not permissible.'

'NBC contacted (the Metropolitan Police Department) inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment,' police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said in a written statement. 'NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated.'

D.C. police investigating NBC's David Gregory for displaying magazine clip on live broadcast say the network requested permission to use the prop and was DENIED | Mail Online

Have you seen this? I'd say somebody is going to be in deep doo doo over this. This puts this incident clearly in the "ruh roh" column if correct.

NBC was told it couldn't use gun magazine as a prop BEFORE David Gregory went on air, claim police

NBC requested permission from D.C. police to display a high-capacity gun magazine for a Sunday news show and was denied, but 'Meet the Press' host David Gregory used the prop anyway.

The Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police Department, which is investigating the matter, claims NBC was told in advance that the prop was 'not permissible.'

'NBC contacted (the Metropolitan Police Department) inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment,' police spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump said in a written statement. 'NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazine is not permissible and their request was denied. This matter is currently being investigated.'

D.C. police investigating NBC's David Gregory for displaying magazine clip on live broadcast say the network requested permission to use the prop and was DENIED | Mail Online
Yes, I do know that.

:lol:

Pretty pathetic stuff on NBC's part...and Gregory's.

At this point, unless they produce a magazine that is not a modified and/or deactivated magazine, but a true prop, they have more than just a single code violation to worry about. Attorneys are going to be busy on this one.

And I've more than noticed that you've less than noticed that I never brought them up. You did.
Yup. I asked you a simple question several times and several times you've dodged it.

I haven't "dodged" squat. I addressed it, then when you kept yapping I ignored it because it's irrelevant to anything. What makes you think the world revolves around your profound ruminations?

We've kind of covered this -- regardless of them asking police for "permission" or "variance" or however it was asked, the police are not empowered to give or withhold such permission, so both the question and the answer are kind of moot. It's really asking for a supporting statement, which the DC police apparently declined but the ATF apparently gave. For all we know there may be other entities they asked but we only know of those two.

Really this is just a parlor game for Boxing Day for those who really can't dream up anything more important and for gadfly blogs to witch-hunt on an apparently slow news day.. All I know is whenever I see you post I start hearing Jesse Colin Young in my head. And that's a good thing. :D

Seriously, who's dumber - tinydancer or Si modo? It's pretty much a tie in my book.

Yup. I asked you a simple question several times and several times you've dodged it.

I haven't "dodged" squat. I addressed it, then when you kept yapping I ignored it because it's irrelevant to anything. What makes you think the world revolves around your profound ruminations?
I'm sure you would like gun control laws to be irrelevant in a thread about someone breaking a gun control law, but that's not the case.

Forum List

Back