Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

Do Conservatives Want a Religious War Between the West and the Islamic World?

• Total voters
Go to hell badge fag. If you give me lip to my face i'll break your pencil arms you shitlib POS.

I bet you don't even lift.
I live in Kannapolis North Carolina
I'm a plumber my job is my workout
Cast Iron and steel make great weights
Yea I know where you work, I'm fucking doxxing your ass. Enjoy getting fired faggot.

BTW i do 20x reps for 300 pounds of bench press I'm yolked.
Have you ever been in a street fight?
iI've been a cop, but I don't fight anymore I'll just shoot your ass
Go to hell badge fag. If you give me lip to my face i'll break your pencil arms you shitlib POS.

After rereading what you wrote I have to ask how fucking old are you son?19?
Not as old as you thank God, you are senile. Attacking conservatives and liberals alike. Just an old loser trying to pick a fight and stop constructive conversation. Go get a life.
Dude you have some unfinished business to address
Tell you what you gt me fired I'll leave this discussion board you don't you have to leave. If you don't take this bet you have admitted that you are a worthless pussy
accept the bet and do it or don't accept it and admit you are a worthless pussy.
You are a mentally ill senior that doesn't even lift. You don't even have a job, you live off social security so there is no point getting you fired from a job you don't have you faggot.

I live in Kannapolis North Carolina
I'm a plumber my job is my workout
Cast Iron and steel make great weights
Yea I know where you work, I'm fucking doxxing your ass. Enjoy getting fired faggot.

iI've been a cop, but I don't fight anymore I'll just shoot your ass

Not as old as you thank God, you are senile. Attacking conservatives and liberals alike. Just an old loser trying to pick a fight and stop constructive conversation. Go get a life.
Tell you what you gt me fired I'll leave this discussion board you don't you have to leave. If you don't take this bet you have admitted that you are a worthless pussy
accept the bet and do it or don't accept it and admit you are a worthless pussy.
You are a mentally ill senior that doesn't even lift. You don't even have a job, you live off social security so there is no point getting you fired from a job you don't have you faggot.
By no means am I mentally ill, I just know I can back up what I say.
Now do you take the bet? if not be the worthless pussy that you are.

I would lose the bet because you don't have a job and spend your days on the internet high on prescription drugs from medicare.

Do you really have nothing better to do than try to pick fights with conservatives online?

The left is afraid to fight isis because Assad fights isis and the left certainly doesn't want to help Assad defeat isis.

The left is afraid to fight islamic terrorists because that would be a religious war and the left will certainly not help Christians in any war with islam.

No wonder the left is confused to the point of paralysis.

I would lose the bet because you don't have a job and spend your days on the internet high on prescription drugs from medicare.

Do you really have nothing better to do than try to pick fights with conservatives online?
I told you I was a plumber so I have a job, I told you I was the boss so you can't get me fired.
Therefore you are a worthless pussy.

The muslims have said this is a religious war and they get a vote too.

Come on libs. Isn't atheism worth fighting for. Or will you all convert when the knife is at your throat. It will be your come to Mohammed moment.
Secularism disarms a people, it divides them, breaking up the previous unity religion provided to the nation and drives them to moral relativism, making them indifferent to not only moral decay within the society, but to evil that threatens them from outside their society.

Europe, America, the West, needs to go back to their Christian roots if we are to survive through the next century. Though there are other things we need to do, this is one of the most important.

I'm an Atheist and I agree. I'll go through a pantomime in public life if I must.

The left is afraid to fight isis because Assad fights isis and the left certainly doesn't want to help Assad defeat isis.

The left is afraid to fight islamic terrorists because that would be a religious war and the left will certainly not help Christians in any war with islam.

No wonder the left is confused to the point of paralysis.
Very confused, but that's what happens when you support an idiot

The Western Liberal reaction, to a reawakening and re-militarizing Islam...

head-in-the-sand-3.jpg

A garden of Neville Chamberlains and other naive, well-intentioned, clue-less fools, in this context...

Sure, there is a transformation taking place but it's beyond our power to direct and it's not our fight. Our response shouldn't be to entangle ourselves, but to quarantine the region, much like we used Containment as a Cold War strategy.

head-in-the-sand-3.jpg

A garden of Neville Chamberlains and other naive, well-intentioned, clue-less fools, in this context...

Sure, there is a transformation taking place but it's beyond our power to direct and it's not our fight. Our response shouldn't be to entangle ourselves, but to quarantine the region, much like we used Containment as a Cold War strategy.
It's not our fight?

Like hell it isn't !

We are dealing with a vicious medieval mindset that is resurfacing after a long dormancy and that has The West in its cross-hairs.

That inability to see it as 'our fight' - alongside everyone else 'not them' - is highly symptomatic of heads-in-the-sand syndrome.

Stupid thread. THEY declared war against US. Stop trying to make it look like WE are the ones who want war.

Well, for all the conservatives who want to make this a religious war (as opposed to a fight against terrorist groups), maybe the US should pass a draft. But instead of being a draft for the general male population between the ages of 18 and 26, we could make it a draft for Bible-believing Christians only.

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Will telling the men with the knives that you're not a Christian, you're an atheist save your life? No.

This is a religious war. It is a religious war to them. That makes it a religious war.

Oh, they single out disbelievers for special treatment. Even more hateful than the fun they would have with merely "people of the book", i.e. believers in other religions than Islam. Specifically, IIRC, Christians and Jews.

They are told to respect people of the book.

But atheists?

They have a hard on for atheists.

And you know how vicious they can be.

Do you actually imagine that Muslim extremists are going to launch a D-Day type assault on America with landing crafts dropping off well-armed infantry and push their way inland so they can raise a green crescent flag over Omaha?

Of course it's our fight. For the only reason than we are being attacked. The family of the Canadian just killed should be told that it's not their fight and there's nothing to worry about.

As long as there are infidels there will be a fight.

head-in-the-sand-3.jpg

It's not our fight?

Like hell it isn't !

We are dealing with a vicious medieval mindset that is resurfacing after a long dormancy and that has The West in its cross-hairs.

That inability to see it as 'our fight' - alongside everyone else 'not them' - is highly symptomatic of heads-in-the-sand syndrome.

When your lawnmower cuts a weed it scatters the seeds far and wide and more weeds pop up.

We need to fight the Muslims here so that we don't have to fight them over there. No Muslims in America means no Muslim terrorism in America. Fight Muslims over there riles up Muslims over here and brings the war onto our streets, schools, etc. Think of the NYC Ebola doctor riding the subway, going bowling.

It's the Muslims of the region who need to figure out what they want and fight and die for it. American soldiers don't need to be maimed and killed to save Muslims in the Middle East from other Muslims.

Of course it's our fight. For the only reason than we are being attacked. The family of the Canadian just killed should be told that it's not their fight and there's nothing to worry about.

As long as there are infidels there will be a fight.

Should we stop all flights from West Africa in order to quarantine Ebola or should we be inviting Ebola patients to come over to Disneyland and then solve our Ebola problem by sending American assets into West Africa to treat all of their Ebola patients?

Quarantine the Middle East. We used Containment during the Cold War.

The muslims have said this is a religious war and they get a vote too.

Come on libs. Isn't atheism worth fighting for. Or will you all convert when the knife is at your throat. It will be your come to Mohammed moment.
Secularism disarms a people, it divides them, breaking up the previous unity religion provided to the nation and drives them to moral relativism, making them indifferent to not only moral decay within the society, but to evil that threatens them from outside their society.

Europe, America, the West, needs to go back to their Christian roots if we are to survive through the next century. Though there are other things we need to do, this is one of the most important.

I'm an Atheist and I agree. I'll go through a pantomime in public life if I must.
I think mature atheists recognize the merits of organized faith, and realize that whether God exists or not doesn't detract from the underlying value that religious life provides to a society in the way of a unified community with a cohesive moral doctrine.

I have been more of an agnostic Christian myself throughout my life. After reading some of the work of Thomas Aquinas, I have come towards a more solidified theist position philosophically speaking.

You have a group of the religious right (Dominionists included) that wants a Holy War and firmly believe that this will bring about "the end times". They are simply being manipulated. These folks are easy to spot because they attempt to frame foreign policy as choosing Christianity over Islam. Even though most people would choose neither or do not view choosing one over the other as any type of rational choice.

There is no difference between using interpretations of the Koran to justify a Jihad and using parts of the Christian Bible to do the same.

I've read the Word many times and frankly I've never read that we as Christians should start a Holy War. I'd appreciate you showing me where in the New Testament we are ordered to do so.

On the other hand, Twelvers firmly believe that chaos must reign over the planet before al al-Mahdi comes back as the Messiah with Jesus to rule the earth under Islam and bring peace around the globe.

It's an apocalyptic view to be certain. Don't forget that Ahmadinejad actually called for the reappearance of the 12th Imam at the UN. They truly believe in this.

Hence they believe war and chaos can hasten the appearance of the Messiah and Jesus.
You have a group of the religious right (Dominionists included) that wants a Holy War and firmly believe that this will bring about "the end times". They are simply being manipulated. These folks are easy to spot because they attempt to frame foreign policy as choosing Christianity over Islam. Even though most people would choose neither or do not view choosing one over the other as any type of rational choice.

There is no difference between using interpretations of the Koran to justify a Jihad and using parts of the Christian Bible to do the same.

I've read the Word many times and frankly I've never read that we as Christians should start a Holy War. I'd appreciate you showing me where in the New Testament we are ordered to do so.

On the other hand, Twelvers firmly believe that chaos must reign over the planet before al al-Mahdi comes back as the Messiah with Jesus to rule the earth under Islam and bring peace around the globe.

It's an apocalyptic view to be certain. Don't forget that Ahmadinejad actually called for the reappearance of the 12th Imam at the UN. They truly believe in this.

Hence they believe war and chaos can hasten the appearance of the Messiah and Jesus.

It's not a question of being ordered. It's the interpretation and spin. Parts of the bible have been used to justify a great many things. War and slavery are among them.

Meet Gary Cass:
I 8217 m Islamaphobic Are You

Meet General Boykin:
WallBuilders - LIVE

Matthew 10:34English Standard Version (ESV)
Not Peace, but a Sword
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Islam has scholars that devote their time to interpretations. The puritanical extremist streak that is associated with Wahhabism is one. This is what was exported by both the Saudis and the US to create a jihad against the (then) Soviet Union.

Christian interpretations have been used to justify war. If you like I can dig out the first time Christianity was tied to war, a later use of Christianity for war, and the removal of parts of the bible because a group of people were considered too war like as it was. Or not. If that stuff bores you then I am not even going to waste my time. It's ok. I know it bores the crap out of people and I'm used to it.

It's about manipulation. Manipulating people through their religious beliefs.

Sigh. These passages in Matthew have to do with the mission of the twelve and the conditions of discipleship.

You can't treat the Word as a salad bar and only pick what you want and leave the rest behind.

All thru the New Testament Christ advocates for peace. But He understands that it is unavoidable that wars will continue until He returns.

There is the theory of the Just War that was put forth by Christian theologians St. Augustine of and St. Thomas Aquinas but that is a whole different ball of wax than being commanded to wage a Holy War as compared to the Koran which has many verses commanding believers to wage war.

ETA: packing it in for tonight. See you tomorrow.

I know they are taken out of context. That's my point.

And the Just War theory was created by theologians as to when God gives his stamp of approval. That's not a different ball of wax. It's simply not as alien as Islam is.
Do you even know what Just War Theory is? And if it is the same ball of wax as Islamic doctrine, why don't you list the similarities and differences between islamic jihadist doctrine and just war doctrine.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about if you think both are similar.

Are you high?
Great Philosophers Augustine on War

It's not a question of being ordered. It's the interpretation and spin. Parts of the bible have been used to justify a great many things. War and slavery are among them.

Meet Gary Cass:

Meet General Boykin:
WallBuilders - LIVE

Not Peace, but a Sword
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Islam has scholars that devote their time to interpretations. The puritanical extremist streak that is associated with Wahhabism is one. This is what was exported by both the Saudis and the US to create a jihad against the (then) Soviet Union.

Christian interpretations have been used to justify war. If you like I can dig out the first time Christianity was tied to war, a later use of Christianity for war, and the removal of parts of the bible because a group of people were considered too war like as it was. Or not. If that stuff bores you then I am not even going to waste my time. It's ok. I know it bores the crap out of people and I'm used to it.

Sigh. These passages in Matthew have to do with the mission of the twelve and the conditions of discipleship.

You can't treat the Word as a salad bar and only pick what you want and leave the rest behind.

All thru the New Testament Christ advocates for peace. But He understands that it is unavoidable that wars will continue until He returns.

There is the theory of the Just War that was put forth by Christian theologians St. Augustine of and St. Thomas Aquinas but that is a whole different ball of wax than being commanded to wage a Holy War as compared to the Koran which has many verses commanding believers to wage war.

And the Just War theory was created by theologians as to when God gives his stamp of approval. That's not a different ball of wax. It's simply not as alien as Islam is.

Islam has done the same.

This appeals to different types of individuals. It incorporates nationalism and uses God as a weapon or cattle prod. Taking a group of people that live with one foot in the grave at all times, firmly believe in religious supremacy and intend to instill that in every corner of the world for salvation is a Holy War.

There is a reason that we call these people the American Taliban.

Religion has always been used as a manipulative device for control.

The jackasses at the top aren't blowing themselves up. They get the younger, idealistic kids to do it by keeping them bouncing from hopelessness to desperation to salvation.
Who is America waging a Holy War against?

If you are going to prattle on about insane conspiracy theories such as saying christian taliban are driving us to war you ought to provide evidence.

Go back and read my post. Get your shit together before you approach me. You may play this swinging dick shit with the boys but don't play that shit with me.

Meet Gary Cass:

Meet General Boykin:
WallBuilders - LIVE

Not Peace, but a Sword

Do you even know what Just War Theory is? And if it is the same ball of wax as Islamic doctrine, why don't you list the similarities and differences between islamic jihadist doctrine and just war doctrine.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about if you think both are similar.

Are you high?
Congratulations you can use google christian just war theory, why don't you explain what just war theory in Christianity is and how it is similar to islamic jihad?

You still didn't answer the original question.

Meet Gary Cass:

Meet General Boykin:
WallBuilders - LIVE

Not Peace, but a Sword

Are you high?
Congratulations you can use google christian just war theory, why don't you explain what just war theory in Christianity is and how it is similar to islamic jihad?

You still didn't answer the original question.

Moral justification, jack ass. Go back and read my posts.

Recently, there have been a few lone wolf attacks by men who have recently converted to Islam but seem to have no known connection to any terrorist group. Despite the isolated nature of these attacks, I've been hearing quite a few people on the right say that we should come to terms with what they say is the reality that we ARE at war with Islam. To that end, the mock president Obama's statements that Islam is a religion of peace and that we are NOT at war with Islam.

These comments aren't isolated statements. Actually, it's more of a rising chorus on the right.

Is it really wise for America to expand the fight from a struggle between our nation and few terrorists and/or terrorist groups with goals that are not even shared by the gov'ts in the countries where these terrorists operate into a monumental fight between the West and Islam which could ultimately involve millions of potential combatants and conceivably go on for decades if not longer?

I guess one of the reasons that this mystifies me is because it seems to me that this is EXACTLY what the terrorists want. Why would we do for them what they have so far been unable to accomplish on their own?
This is not a religious war. This is justified extermination of a diseased sector of humanity. Let's get on with it.

Forum List

Back