🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do Ebola Protocols Work For Health Care Workers? No, Failure Rate Is Extremely High: 50% to 100%

Obama and CDC said treating Ebola Patients in USA was safe. Did they tell us the truth?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
100% ineffectiveness would suggest that every medical worker who comes into contact with an Ebola stricken patient would be infected.

So far we've had 4 people come to the United States with Ebola and one person has been infected via those 4 people. There have likely been dozens of people treating these patients, meaning the Ebola protocols are pretty damn effective.

3. The third American Ebola case is 33-year-old NBC cameraman Ashoka Mukpo, was taken to Nebraska Medical Center for treatment. He was infected after a short time in Liberia by unknown means. Airborne infection is suspected. He was part of a Ebola expert NBC crew led by Dr. Nancy Snyderman, NBC News chief medical editor and correspondent. She apparently went on a take-out run to a restaurant in New Jersey for soup. If Snyderman did go to the restaurant, she may have placed dozens of people at risk, because Snyderman and her entire crew were supposed to be under quarantine.
And here is where your postulations totally fail. The fact a REPORTER got Ebola is NOT evidence the protocols don't work. Quite the opposite. It is evidence that people are contracting Ebola OUTSIDE the treatment facilities where the protocols are in place.

Duh!

Excuse me but you are crediting this reply to me when I was not the person who posted it. My post was about 5 words long and referenced common sense. Please read more carefully next time. Thanks.

100% ineffectiveness would suggest that every medical worker who comes into contact with an Ebola stricken patient would be infected.

So far we've had 4 people come to the United States with Ebola and one person has been infected via those 4 people. There have likely been dozens of people treating these patients, meaning the Ebola protocols are pretty damn effective.

Hardly. We are just at the beginning of this thing, Rothstein.

Hardly. We are just at the beginning of this thing, Rothstein.
Then why has only one person out of dozens become infected?

3. The third American Ebola case is 33-year-old NBC cameraman Ashoka Mukpo, was taken to Nebraska Medical Center for treatment. He was infected after a short time in Liberia by unknown means. Airborne infection is suspected. He was part of a Ebola expert NBC crew led by Dr. Nancy Snyderman, NBC News chief medical editor and correspondent. She apparently went on a take-out run to a restaurant in New Jersey for soup. If Snyderman did go to the restaurant, she may have placed dozens of people at risk, because Snyderman and her entire crew were supposed to be under quarantine.
And here is where your postulations totally fail. The fact a REPORTER got Ebola is NOT evidence the protocols don't work. Quite the opposite. It is evidence that people are contracting Ebola OUTSIDE the treatment facilities where the protocols are in place.

Duh!

One more time. I didn't post this. Darp did. Pay attention, G5000.

Duh!

Excuse me but you are crediting this reply to me when I was not the person who posted it. My post was about 5 words long and referenced common sense. Please read more carefully next time. Thanks.
Yep. Sorry about that. I meant to attribute it to the starter of this topic. I have corrected my post.

the possibility of Ebola being contracted from airborne spoors is SLIM to none...

Transmission Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever CDC

• blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
  • infected animals
  • Ebola is not spread through the air or by water, or in general, by food. However, in Africa, Ebola may be spread as a result of handling bushmeat (wild animals hunted for food) and contact with infected bats. There is no evidence that mosquitos or other insects can transmit Ebola virus. Only mammals (for example, humans, bats, monkeys, and apes) have shown the ability to become infected with and spread Ebola virus
Yes according to the people that the two nurses with Ebola trusted, before they got Ebola, it is not airborne. But the evidence says it is and two gov studies proved it is airborne. If you read the full article and follow the links you can read the NIH report that showed 100% infection rate airborne. You can read the cover of that study in the video.

There are several ways each of these Ebola victims could have contracted the disease. Darp, you simply have not eliminated all possibilities. So to attribute all of them to failed protocols is sloppy thinking, and particularly sloppy math considering you have cherry-picked your data.

I seriously doubt the journalist wore a hazmat suit the entire time he was in Africa. And how would he know if everyone around him at all times was free of Ebola?

G5000 that is the point, the worshipped protocols do not call for hazmat suits unless you are in close contact. The reporter on the medical team was following the protocols that are being treated as holy by some.

I am not trying to be mean at all to you. This is a life and death issue, we have to pay attention to facts not preconceived ideas that are being disproved.

the RW's learned how to spell Ebola ... they're moving up from four letter words.

More cheap shots. Well, if you're not intelligent enough to give an informed opinion on the topic, I suppose this is the best you can do.

We don't know how closely protocol is being followed. I would guess that anyone who knows they will be around an Ebola patient would take every possible precaution. Either the illness is more easily spread than they are letting on or the current protocols are not sufficient.

On one hand, the left claims people are panicking and on the other that medical people, or the reporter, aren't taking it seriously enough.

Past time for some strict rules to be laid down for anyone who has to be around Ebola patients. I am already cautioning my children to keep their hands washed, not to touch their faces and to avoid touching as many things in public as possible. Of course, I remind them of that every flu season, but especially this year with the mysterious respiratory illness going around. Obama may have helped that along by transporting illegals all over the country via public transportation before they had proper medical exams. Yup, he gets some blame for that idiotic practice.

There are several ways each of these Ebola victims could have contracted the disease. Darp, you simply have not eliminated all possibilities. So to attribute all of them to failed protocols is sloppy thinking, and particularly sloppy math considering you have cherry-picked your data.

I do not know for sure how the nurses got it and do not claim to, I do know they did get Ebola and being both were the only case in their country at the time, the protocols and attention to protocols would be at its very highest. And that both got it anyway. I would guess with positive pressure suits they would not have got Ebola.

It is obviously extremely contagious, yet in video Obama said it is hard to catch.

Would you allow your daughter to treat Ebola patients with the same protocols?

the RW's learned how to spell Ebola ... they're moving up from four letter words.

More cheap shots. Well, if you're not intelligent enough to give an informed opinion on the topic, I suppose this is the best you can do.

We don't know how closely protocol is being followed. I would guess that anyone who knows they will be around an Ebola patient would take every possible precaution. Either the illness is more easily spread than they are letting on or the current protocols are not sufficient.

On one hand, the left claims people are panicking and on the other that medical people, or the reporter, aren't taking it seriously enough.

Past time for some strict rules to be laid down for anyone who has to be around Ebola patients. I am already cautioning my children to keep their hands washed, not to touch their faces and to avoid touching as many things in public as possible. Of course, I remind them of that every flu season, but especially this year with the mysterious respiratory illness going around. Obama may have helped that along by transporting illegals all over the country via public transportation before they had proper medical exams. Yup, he gets some blame for that idiotic practice.

read the part where I proved Ebola isn't contracted from air borne spoor ... cheap shots you say? yeah, RW's aren't capable of cheap shots, my bad.

es

The protocols work when followed. They obviously are not being followed. This is a training and logistics problem.
Thank you Dr. G5
I do not sense your sarcasm toward those who profess to know all the victims caught it through the air. Where are their medical degrees, eh?
This is my first adventure into the Ebola threads & your know it all bs stood out.

Fear, panic or deep concern over this is understandable. I don't particularly have any fear myself but I do have concern for our economy should this get out of hand.
I also, just like you or anyone else on this forum know jack squat about Ebola.
This nurse worked in the field of "diseases" from my understanding and if she STILL got it despite her knowledge I think it's a bit ridiculous for any of us to pretend to know what the hell we're talking about.

By the same token I don't believe our health professionals or institutions are the least bit prepared should this terrible disease get loose.

I do not know for sure how the nurses got it and do not claim to, I do know they did get Ebola and being both were the only case in their country at the time, the protocols and attention to protocols would be at its very highest. And that both got it anyway. I would guess with positive pressure suits they would not have got Ebola.

It is obviously extremely contagious, yet in video Obama said it is hard to catch.

nurses are never around any of this ..

blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
  • objects (like needles and syringes) that have been contaminated with the virus
makes sense you wouldn't know how they contracted Ebola ..

The people who have studied ebola for decades said the CDC and WHO were being too lax about the protocol, and further stated there was no way to know whether or not it was airborne at any given time. It's an unpredictable, EXCESSIVELY CONTAGIOUS virus that mutates at the speed of light.

The CDC and WHO said it was no big deal,t hat it was hard to catch, and that we would be fine dealing with it here.

They were lying, they knew they were lying, and now they are blaming the victims who are dying because the protocols THEY dictated are not sufficient.

nurses are never around any of this ..

blood or body fluids (including but not limited to urine, saliva, sweat, feces, vomit, breast milk, and semen) of a person who is sick with Ebola
makes sense you wouldn't know how they contracted Ebola ..

No it doesn't. Nurses know when they're pin stuck, and they know when they haven't followed protocol. If a nurse says she followed protocol, I believe her. If SEVERAL nurses say they followed protocol, then there's a problem with the protocol. And trust me, nurses are following protocol when they're dealing with ebola patients, or anyone who's shitting and vomiting blood.

out of an entire Hospital 1 nurse was infected from air borne Ebola spoor ?

one hell of a lot of people held their breath didn't they?

1. The first American to catch Ebola in the outbreak is Dr. Kent Brantly. The 33-year-old family doctor from Fort Worth, Texas, was infected while treating patients in Monrovia, the nonprofit Samaritan’s Purse.

Brantly thinks he contracted Ebola from when he was working in the ER, where the Ebola protocols are not in effect.
That is one guess. And indeed with no protective gear it is more dangerous. However G5000 your other comment, like Obama and CDC, is self defeating circular logic. "They must not have followed the protocols" OK if one always deals with failures that way then even if 5,000 healthworkers caught Ebola in a row, you could just keep on saying the same thing.

You have zero evidence to support the proposition the protocols failed. You have not eliminated all other possibilities.

Currently with the truly sick Ebola cases the failure rate of the protocols is 100%. 0 for 2.

Again, you have not eliminated all the possibilities. You have leapt to an unsupported conclusion. And that can literally be a fatal mistake.

And to present people who aren't even medical workers as evidence the protocols aren't working demonstrates your inability to think critically about this matter.
There is NO evidence that the Spanish nurse or the American nurse violated protocols. NONE.

1. The first American to catch Ebola in the outbreak is Dr. Kent Brantly. The 33-year-old family doctor from Fort Worth, Texas, was infected while treating patients in Monrovia, the nonprofit Samaritan’s Purse.

Brantly thinks he contracted Ebola from when he was working in the ER, where the Ebola protocols are not in effect.
That is one guess. And indeed with no protective gear it is more dangerous. However G5000 your other comment, like Obama and CDC, is self defeating circular logic. "They must not have followed the protocols" OK if one always deals with failures that way then even if 5,000 healthworkers caught Ebola in a row, you could just keep on saying the same thing.

You have zero evidence to support the proposition the protocols failed. You have not eliminated all other possibilities.

Currently with the truly sick Ebola cases the failure rate of the protocols is 100%. 0 for 2.

Again, you have not eliminated all the possibilities. You have leapt to an unsupported conclusion. And that can literally be a fatal mistake.

And to present people who aren't even medical workers as evidence the protocols aren't working demonstrates your inability to think critically about this matter.
There is NO evidence that the Spanish nurse or the American nurse violated protocols. NONE.

its easier just to say protocol failed than it is to offer any evidence of ANY kind ... all those poor people who were infected at the Hospital ... shame that/

Forum List

Back