Do Masks Work?

I'm not forcing you to do anything, drama queen.

What a victim.

Awww, mac is crying ... again. Pull down your dress, your twat is showing.

It really upsets you when people respond to your posts without permission, huh Queen Mac?

You think that's the question?

Do masks work? I mean not the ones anyone wears. Ones that no one is wearing and if you did you can't breathe. And it's summer, you'll be hot has hell. You can't do anything strenuous in them, you'd pass out. Do those masks work?

That's seriously what you thought the question was?
WTF are you posting about?

My comment was not a question or even a response to a question.

Masks don't work, it isn't about trying.

And here's how trying works.

I want to wear a mask to "try."

Here's how it doesn't work.

I am going to force YOU to wear a mask.

That isn't trying, that's you being a fascist
The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

That includes pandemic protection. Only right-wingers are just plain false patriots.

Just as I described.

We can't be 100% perfectly effective, so there's no reason to try at all.

Incredible.
Yep. One can wear baggies and still get a virus! Masks can’t, vaccines can’t. Herd immunity can stall it.

Yep. One can wear baggies and still get a virus! Masks can’t, vaccines can’t. Herd immunity can stall it.
Masks are better than nothing. And, is herd immunity why red States with the lowest vaccination rates are having the most problems?

A booster shot (vaccine) is in the works for those relying on the miracles of modern science not right-wing fantasy.

...yes. Masks can help protect children under twelve from the pathogen. Remember when right-wingers were proclaiming children were immune? That only happens in right-wing fantasy not in the real Voting World.

WTF are you posting about?

My comment was not a question or even a response to a question.

You referred to N95's and said don't buy into the hype on either side.

Masks don't work, not the ones anyone wears. That there are such a thing as medical masks that do work that no one is or should wear generally in public is irrelevant.

Here's how you know that's what I was talking about, I accurately quoted and addressed that point.

No, masks don't work. That isn't a "side"

You referred to N95's and said don't buy into the hype on either side.

Masks don't work, not the ones anyone wears. That there are such a thing as medical masks that do work that no one is or should wear generally in public is irrelevant.

Here's how you know that's what I was talking about, I accurately quoted and addressed that point.

No, masks don't work. That isn't a "side"
I posted N95's can reduce exposure.

That is a fact.

I never claimed they "worked".

Final 2019/20 Flu Numbers

The final data on flu season 2019/2020 was released by the CDC in April as COVID-19 continued to spread throughout the United States.

Between October 1, 2019 and April 4, 2020, the flu resulted in:

• 39 to 56 million illnesses
  • 410,000 to 740,000 hospitalizations
  • 24,000 to 62,000 deaths
  • 195 pediatric deaths

So you're trying to sell that the CDC could go from giving very broad flu number ranges one year to very exacting numbers the next. Would you be interested in some nice sea side property in AZ as well?

...yes. Masks can help protect children under twelve from the pathogen. Remember when right-wingers were proclaiming children were immune? That only happens in right-wing fantasy not in the real Voting World.

Children under 12 are more likely to die at the hands of their parents than from covid.

Masks are better than nothing. And, is herd immunity why red States with the lowest vaccination rates are having the most problems?

A booster shot (vaccine) is in the works for those relying on the miracles of modern science not right-wing fantasy.
Masks are nothing.

i thought you fkers did science?

And that's just protecting for the person wearing the mask.

They have even a greater effectiveness of protecting others from any virus YOU may have from infecting them
Really? After all that time of them telling us that wearing a mask didn't protect you, it was to protect other people. Now they are saying the masks protect the wearer? Its no wonder nobody believes anything they say. They change their story every week.

Really? After all that time of them telling us that wearing a mask didn't protect you, it was to protect other people.
They do that REALLY well but they also protect the wearer

From the CDC

Filtration for Wearer Protection​

Studies demonstrate that cloth mask materials can also reduce wearers’ exposure to infectious droplets through filtration, including filtration of fine droplets and particles less than 10 microns. The relative filtration effectiveness of various masks has varied widely across studies, in large part due to variation in experimental design and particle sizes analyzed. Multiple layers of cloth with higher thread counts have demonstrated superior performance compared to single layers of cloth with lower thread counts, in some cases filtering nearly 50% of fine particles less than 1 micron .14,17-29 Some materials (e.g., polypropylene) may enhance filtering effectiveness by generating triboelectric charge (a form of static electricity) that enhances capture of charged particles18,30 while others (e.g., silk) may help repel moist droplets31 and reduce fabric wetting and thus maintain breathability and comfort. In addition to the number of layers and choice of materials, other techniques can improve wearer protection by improving fit and thereby filtration capacity. Examples include but are not limited to mask fitters, knotting-and-tucking the ear loops of medical procedures masks, using a cloth mask placed over a medical procedure mask, and nylon hosiery sleeves.31-35

Top of Page

Human Studies of Masking and SARS-CoV-2 Transmission​

Data regarding the “real-world” effectiveness of community masking are limited to observational and epidemiological studies.

• An investigation of a high-exposure event, in which 2 symptomatically ill hair stylists interacted for an average of 15 minutes with each of 139 clients during an 8-day period, found that none of the 67 clients who subsequently consented to an interview and testing developed infection. The stylists and all clients universally wore masks in the salon as required by local ordinance and company policy at the time.36
  • In a study of 124 Beijing households with > 1 laboratory-confirmed case of SARS-CoV-2 infection, mask use by the index patient and family contacts before the index patient developed symptoms reduced secondary transmission within the households by 79%.37
  • A retrospective case-control study from Thailand documented that, among more than 1,000 persons interviewed as part of contact tracing investigations, those who reported having always worn a mask during high-risk exposures experienced a greater than 70% reduced risk of acquiring infection compared with persons who did not wear masks under these circumstances.38
  • A study of an outbreak aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, an environment notable for congregate living quarters and close working environments, found that use of face coverings on-board was associated with a 70% reduced risk.39
  • Investigations involving infected passengers aboard flights longer than 10 hours strongly suggest that masking prevented in-flight transmissions, as demonstrated by the absence of infection developing in other passengers and crew in the 14 days following exposure.40,41
At least ten studies have confirmed the benefit of universal masking in community level analyses: in a unified hospital system,42 a German city,43 two U.S. states,44, 45 a panel of 15 U.S. states and Washington, D.C.,46, 47 as well as both Canada48 and the U.S. 49-51 nationally. Each analysis demonstrated that, following directives from organizational and political leadership for universal masking, new infections fell significantly. Two of these studies46, 47 and an additional analysis of data from 200 countries that included the U.S.51 also demonstrated reductions in mortality. Another 10-site study showed reductions in hospitalization growth rates following mask mandate implementation 49. A separate series of cross-sectional surveys in the U.S. suggested that a 10% increase in self-reported mask wearing tripled the likelihood of stopping community transmission.53 An economic analysis using U.S. data found that, given these effects, increasing universal masking by 15% could prevent the need for lockdowns and reduce associated losses of up to $1 trillion or about 5% of gross domestic product.47

Hey all you fking mask lovers….

While a surgical mask may be effective in blocking splashes and large-particle droplets, a face mask, by design, does not filter or block very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs, sneezes, or certain medical procedures. Surgical masks also do not provide complete protection from germs and other contaminants because of the loose fit between the surface of the mask and your face

Hey all you fking mask lovers….

While a surgical mask may be effective in blocking splashes and large-particle droplets, a face mask, by design, does not filter or block very small particles in the air that may be transmitted by coughs, sneezes, or certain medical procedures. Surgical masks also do not provide complete protection from germs and other contaminants because of the loose fit between the surface of the mask and your face
Read above your last post retard

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

That includes pandemic protection. Only right-wingers are just plain false patriots.

I've seen you post this repeatedly. This is not part of the constitution of the u.s. and not part of any federal charter. It is a clause in the NY state constitution, as far as I can tell, and is not applicable to anyone except the residents of that state. And it is in regards to that states guns rights clauses.

Forum List

Back