Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

OK I disagree with your statement. Jews were
AGAINST the crucifixions carried out by the Romans.
Jesus was one of the victims of the Romans

I do not know about WHAT you seek
clarification.
Since you didn't ask the question I would not expect you to be able to clarify it.

All you can do is tell me what you think the person asking the question meant.

Jesus was not crucified for Blasphemy. Crucifixion
was not a penalty for Blasphemy
The Christian belief is that Jesus was crucified for blaspheme. You are arguing in reality he was crucified for sedition. So you must believe the Christian narrative is a massive cover up of Jesus being crucified for sedition.

The Christian belief is that Jesus was crucified for blaspheme. You are arguing in reality he was crucified for sedition. So you must believe the Christian narrative is a massive cover up of Jesus being crucified for sedition.
"MASSIVE COVER-UP" ? nope---just a very silly
belief.

As far as Jews were concerned Jesus was just another man who got crucified. They placed no special meaning on his life
This may be true of those who paid him no attention. For those who did, I imagine they reacted just as anyone else reacts when someone they know or even met, dies. They reflect on the meaning of the deceased life, their own life, and life in general. Death has a way of prompting those thoughts.

As far as crucifixions: Today, some abhor deaths caused by those driving under the influence; some abhor abortions; some abhor the death penalty. I think most, if not all, of us feel so futile for not being able to stop these deaths. I believe Jews, in the time of crucifixions, felt this hopeless futility as well. Why can't an individual stop that which is so clearly wrong?

This may be true of those who paid him no attention. For those who did, I imagine they reacted just as anyone else reacts when someone they know or even met, dies. They reflect on the meaning of the deceased life, their own life, and life in general. Death has a way of prompting those thoughts.

As far as crucifixions: Today, some abhor deaths caused by those driving under the influence; some abhor abortions; some abhor the death penalty. I think most, if not all, of us feel so futile for not being able to stop these deaths. I believe Jews, in the time of crucifixions, felt this hopeless futility as well. Why can't an individual stop that which is so clearly wrong?
Jews who left Judaism to follow Jesus were a minority.

It is at this point Jews and Christians started worshipping different gods

Jesus was not crucified for Blasphemy. Crucifixion
was not a penalty for Blasphemy

Right. Pilate was even going to let him go (because he was such a wonderful guy) according to the story, until Jesus spoke of his kingdom and his followers.

That, his own words, made his 'crime' from being a harmless nutjob to fomenting sedition.....

Right. Pilate was even going to let him go (because he was such a wonderful guy) according to the story, until Jesus spoke of his kingdom and his followers.

That, his own words, made his 'crime' from being a harmless nutjob to fomenting sedition.....
it is hard to know what went on in the head of
Pilate----but your explanation is plausible

Jews who left Judaism to follow Jesus were a minority.
So what? In the very beginning, they were a sect of Judaism that also followed the teachings of Jesus. It took a generation or so for the two to separate and that, I believe, was inevitable when Christianity embraced Gentiles who had no wish to follow Jewish Law and customs. The new religion was called 'catholic' meaning it was open to all. In the meanwhile, Judaism continued to practice being a people set apart and the Law in its entirety.

So what? In the very beginning, they were a sect of Judaism that also followed the teachings of Jesus. It took a generation or so for the two to separate and that, I believe, was inevitable when Christianity embraced Gentiles who had no wish to follow Jewish Law and customs. The new religion was called 'catholic' meaning it was open to all. In the meanwhile, Judaism continued to practice being a people set apart and the Law in its entirety.

Christianity and Judaism are entirely different religions that worship entirely different gods

How do you explain the 24,000 written manuscripts - which taken as a whole tell the account that Jesus was the Pascal Lamb who surrendered his life for the forgiveness of sins and that Jesus was crucified for blaspheme? And how do you explain the accounts of the 10 apostles who were martyred?

Last edited:
It is at this point Jews and Christians started worshipping different gods
Still beating that drum, I see. By this time it might be a dead horse.

We all know you, personally, see two different deities. Keep in mind the billions who do not. Still, it is fine to follow the beat of that different drummer.

How do you explain the 24,000 written manuscripts and 10 of the 12 apostles being martyred?
I am not familiar with the 24,000 written manuscripts. As to the deaths of the "10 apostles" as far as I
know they seem to be galvanized by political
issues

Still beating that drum, I see. By this time it might be a dead horse.

We all know you, personally, see two different deities. Keep in mind the billions who do not. Still, it is fine to follow the beat of that different drummer.
Only to you.

Anyone can see the difference if they stand outside the dogma

Forum List

Back