Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

Back then it was official church doctrine that "the Jews" killed Jesus. It has since been officially repudiated, supposedly, but some believers have never recovered and dearly miss those good old days when antisemitism was socially acceptable. . Make America great again and all that crap. And even though misogyny and gay bashing, apparently, is still ok with dedicated believers, they are trying to bring back "Jew jumping" as many so affectionately called their favorite Sunday sport.
WTF? There’s a sport the antisemites called Jew Jumping?

so true Hobelim. My high school had a kind of unique demographic in the 1960s when Pope
John announced something like "jews of today are not responsible for the death of Jesus". We
were an almost perfect 1/3 protestant. 1/3 catholic and 1/3 jew. The next day jews were
saying "so what else is new" Catholics were delighted with the end of FISH ON FRIDAY and
the Protestants were AGHAST----the pope---they claimed "THINKS HE CAN CHANGE HISTORY"
Was that in 1969 or so? I think I remember that day.

I doubt it.
You shouldn't doubt it. I went to both public and Catholic schools. Some Catholic boys were all anyone could hope for in a classmate, brother, son, or neighbor. But there were a few whose likes I had never witnessed at any public school. This from someone who committed the "sin" of not entering the class until third grade. If such boys could treat a fellow Catholic classmate the way they did me, I have no doubt they could be even worse to Lisa. Wish she could have met a few of the outstanding ones, but the chance of that has passed.

Wasn't it the Romans who killed Jesus?
According to the New Testament, one of Jesus' closest followers betrayed him to Annas and Caiaphas, the high priests with close connections to Rome. These two made sure Jesus was handed over to Rome and he was executed for being a subversive, accused of disturbing the peace (or Roman Law) during Passover. It appears the person the other close followers of Jesus blamed most was their compatriot, Judas. Kind of an "et tu, Brutus" moment.

What I'm saying is do most Jews agree with the Jesus being crucified? In the religion itself and amongst the jewish population. What do they truly believe?
If what Christians profess to believe about Jesus, he claimed to be God in the flesh who instructed believers to set aside divine law to worship and eat a lifeless matzo made by human hands for spiritual life, then he was at best insane if not a deliberate deceiver, a false prophet. I really can't blame anyone for rejecting this nonsense out of hand. The problem is not Jesus or what he said and did, it is what people say about him out of ignorance. He never actually claimed to be God.

Catholicism is based on Mithraism, the secret "mystery religion" of the Roman government and military, which originated in Babylon and became the only official religion of the empire after Rome assimilated and perverted Christianity and buried the teachings of Jesus under a mountain of blasphemy in 325c.e. Then the 'representative' of this pusillanimous aesthetic supernatural reality defying edible triune mangod that never existed, the antichrist, set out to conquer the world.

Last edited:
Nope----"ONTO" whom? Your concept that jews "hate christians" is part and
parcel of your christian culture. Contrary to that which you "learned" as a child---
christians, and christianity are totally ignored in Jewish literature. You can go to
synagogues and jewish functions for 100 years and never come close to hearing
or reading ANYTHING about christians or christianity.. In my lifetime I also came into
contact with Muslims and was told ---"JEWS HATE MUSLIMS" Nope---no muslim or
islam in jewish "culture" BUT, christians and muslims are convince that they know
lots about jews. To answer the OP question ----NOPE-- jewish literature does not
address the issue of Jesus. In the US we hear about Jesus. My hubby was born in a
muslim country and brought up in an Orthodox Jewish home-----each year
I remind him what christmas and easter are all about....but he did study
jewish literature as a kid -----LOTS OF IT----still does, it fascinates him. No Jesus
at all. Christian literature includes really insane accounts of "JESUS IN THE TALMUD'
----nope---ain't no Jesus in the Talmud---NONE.. Christians and Muslims hear and
read about Jews INCESSANTLY

From the language you use constantly one would think you hate Christians and Muslims.

And apparently, my expressing my horror that two Catholic School boys walked in and blew out the Shabbat candles in my presence, and then cursed my religion, means I need to get control over my “hate.”

All I was doing was dissenting from Hector’s claim that churchgoers aren’t the antisemites. He was angry that I dispelled his false claim, so went right to an attack on my “character.”

Many of us have expressed our disapproval of the Catholic boys when you told this story before. They should have been punished by the authorities.

Nope----"ONTO" whom? Your concept that jews "hate christians" is part and
parcel of your christian culture. Contrary to that which you "learned" as a child---
christians, and christianity are totally ignored in Jewish literature. You can go to
synagogues and jewish functions for 100 years and never come close to hearing
or reading ANYTHING about christians or christianity.. In my lifetime I also came into
contact with Muslims and was told ---"JEWS HATE MUSLIMS" Nope---no muslim or
islam in jewish "culture" BUT, christians and muslims are convince that they know
lots about jews. To answer the OP question ----NOPE-- jewish literature does not
address the issue of Jesus. In the US we hear about Jesus. My hubby was born in a
muslim country and brought up in an Orthodox Jewish home-----each year
I remind him what christmas and easter are all about....but he did study
jewish literature as a kid -----LOTS OF IT----still does, it fascinates him. No Jesus
at all. Christian literature includes really insane accounts of "JESUS IN THE TALMUD'
----nope---ain't no Jesus in the Talmud---NONE.. Christians and Muslims hear and
read about Jews INCESSANTLY
----NOPE-- jewish literature does not
address the issue of Jesus. ... ----nope---ain't no Jesus in the Talmud---NONE.

jesus was never a 4th century christian ...

“Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times.”

if not in the talmud, as claimed is proof enough the entanglement of the jews and romans (christians) during that time for their own self preservation as their expense than the heavenly cause they both blindly claim that can not possibly ever be fulfilled by their negligence and disregard for those they have persecuted and victimized. - irritant 91.

Sadly yes. When I was living in the wilderness among the wild beasts, a long time ago, I actually overheard that coming out of a talking donkey's mouth as one possible remedy for boredom.
Routine oppression of religious minorities went hand in hand with routine racial oppression.
the real horror of it all, actually, was the light-hearted, recreational aspect to it.
Of course, Jew bashing has always been big fun. It's a constant in European history...both secular and religious.
It is one of the good things about our country, that for the most part, that sort of thing is rare.

But yeah, in my youth, Jews were routinely called Christ-killers.

According to the New Testament, one of Jesus' closest followers betrayed him to Annas and Caiaphas, the high priests with close connections to Rome. These two made sure Jesus was handed over to Rome and he was executed for being a subversive, accused of disturbing the peace (or Roman Law) during Passover. It appears the person the other close followers of Jesus blamed most was their compatriot, Judas. Kind of an "et tu, Brutus" moment.

don't listen to those above ... they, jesus included were crucified for their belief in the religion of antiquity and gave their lives for liberation theology, self determination ...

- the crucifixion of jesus was the climatic reversal of noah - they, the crucifiers must be brought to justice to again reverse the tide to self destruction.

don't listen to those above ... they, jesus included were crucified for their belief in the religion of antiquity and gave their lives for liberation theology, self determination ...

- the crucifixion of jesus was the climatic reversal of noah - they, the crucifiers must be brought to justice to again reverse the tide to self destruction.
That some brand you're selling. Perhaps you should unpack it..in a thread of your very own?

That some brand you're selling. Perhaps you should unpack it..in a thread of your very own?

not much for you - evil eye ...

67367.jpg

could it be another jo or just an innocent bystander ...

if not in the talmud, as claimed is proof enough the entanglement of the jews and romans (christians) during that time for their own self preservation as their expense than the heavenly cause they both blindly claim that can not possibly ever be fulfilled by their negligence and disregard for those they have persecuted and victimized. - irritant 91.
^^^^ Breezie's jelly-bean valedictorian address with special thanks to the bunny

From the language you use constantly one would think you hate Christians and Muslims.
the language I use is a paraphrase and, to some extent, a parody of the language
I heard and read as a child in church, sunday school and every day life in the christian
town of my childhood----and from muslims mostly from south east asia and in
mosques in my early adulthood in reference to jews. One of the very first blatantly
Anti-semitic books I read as a child was the NT.------another one at about age 19 was
the Koran (Pickthal) The scriptural writings of the Hindus---read in early adulthood---do
not mention jews

what does the statement "jesus was never a 4th century christian" have to do with
anything? He was never a first century christian either

Routine oppression of religious minorities went hand in hand with routine racial oppression.
the real horror of it all, actually, was the light-hearted, recreational aspect to it.
Of course, Jew bashing has always been big fun. It's a constant in European history...both secular and religious.

Behold the beast, for which I have turned back;
Do thou protect me from her, famous Sage,
For she doth make my veins and pulses tremble."

"Thee it behoves to take another road,"
Responded he, when he beheld me weeping,
"If from this savage place thou wouldst escape;

Because this beast, at which thou criest out,
Suffers not any one to pass her way,
But so doth harass him, that she destroys him;

And has a nature so malign and ruthless,
That never doth she glut her greedy will,
And after food is hungrier than before.

Many the animals with whom she mates,
And more they shall be still, until the Greyhound
Comes, who shall make her die in pain.

He shall not feed on either land or money,
But upon wisdom, and on love and virtue;
'Twixt Feltro and Feltro shall his nation be;

Of that fallen Italy shall he be the savior,
On whose account the maid Camilla died,
Euryalus, Turnus, Nisus, of their wounds;

Through every city shall he hunt the beast down,
Until he shall have driven her back to Hell,
There from whence envy first did let her loose.

Inferno, canto 1, Dante Alighieri

Forum List

Back