Do voters understand that GOP economics is a catastrophe in the making?

Let’s just discuss the viability of GOP economics which is the fantasy of trickledown/supply side economics.

It's been said/done/proven failure since>>>

ED-AO139_stevem_E_20110825162903.jpg

~S~

As you know, President Ronald Reagan led us out of the malaise of President Jimmy Carter and into a quarter-century of economic growth. Why is that a problem for you?
He tripled the debt and is The Godfather of debt.

Because there is no evidence that manufacturing is down thanks to tariffs
But there is

Steel tariffs hurt manufacturers downstream, data shows
I know the bias of NPR so dont expect them to say anything helpful to trump

but even they admit that the tariffs helped US steel workers

so the chinese tried to avoid the tariffs by importing more finished products made from steel such as nails

now the US - all of this from your NPR source - is putting tariffs on imported chinese finished products

Maybe you were expecting a silver bullet from tariffs but not me

this is a long-term project not a one-shot deal
So you are going to ignore facts and keep talking nonsense.
No

I’m giving you common sense

globalism that moves jobs to china is bad for America no mayter what the academics tell you
Yeah steel layoffs and slowing manufacturing is good, so is a huge farmer bailout. I don’t think you have common sense.

Slowing manufacturing? Really?

Manufacturing Surveys Indicate Growth Returning to U.S. Factories
JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

The U.S. manufacturing sector appears to be regaining its footing, suggesting the beaten-down sector may once again be expanding.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia’s survey-based index of manufacturing activity soared to 17 in January, up from the weak 0.3 reading in December and well-above forecasts for a reading of 3.0.

so the chinese tried to avoid the tariffs by importing more finished products made from steel such as nails

now the US - all of this from your NPR source - is putting tariffs on imported chinese finished products

No

globalism that moves jobs to china is bad for America no mayter what the academics tell you
Yeah steel layoffs and slowing manufacturing is good, so is a huge farmer bailout. I don’t think you have common sense.

JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

The U.S. manufacturing sector appears to be regaining its footing, suggesting the beaten-down sector may once again be expanding.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia’s survey-based index of manufacturing activity soared to 17 in January, up from the weak 0.3 reading in December and well-above forecasts for a reading of 3.0.

LIES!!! All LIES!!!

No

JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

Beaten down sector....

"Sorry, granny, we aren't giving you your Social Security, we are giving tax cuts to rich people."

You seem to have forgotten to provide your reliable source and working links supporting your allegation that Republicans will stop Social Security and give tax cuts only to "rich" people.

Let’s put aside the merits of leftwing American politics.

Indeed, because there ARE no merits of leftwing American politics. Zero.

Doesn’t it bother republicans that the GOP does NOTHING for the middle class?
How can one possibly justify GOP policy?

Repeating your Big Leftist Lies does not change them from lies to something else. They're still lies.
I grew up poor in a family of devoted Democrats. When I became an educated adult, I found Democrats' lies and destructiveness to be utterly unamerican. I made two fortunes and moved into upper middle class, thanks to liberty and Republican values, including the opportunity NOT to be aborted as you Leftists promote so militantly. Nothing moves more people into prosperity and out of poverty like freedom as promoted by Republicans. Our Founding Fathers were Libertarians, far to the right of today's Republicans. Get a clue.

One post from you Billy is all I can stand. You are the latest addition to my Ignore List.
"Go from the presence of a foolish man." - The Holy Bible

Let’s put aside the merits of leftwing American politics. We’ll just agree to disagree on that for now. Let’s just discuss the viability of GOP economics which is the fantasy of trickledown/supply side economics. Sure that shit sounds good until - you know - one thinks about it from a logical standpoint. Giving corporations more capital to sell products doesn’t somehow translate into more demand from the consumers. That isn’t how economics work. Our economy is a CONSUMER driven economy. It depends on people spending money. That is how it has ALWAYS worked. Corporations in this day age are wealthier than ever before. That means that when they get big tax breaks, they don’t invest the money they save. Why? Because it’s easier to just keep it. Why invest in labor if they are already wealthier than ever before?

Doesn’t it bother republicans that the GOP does NOTHING for the middle class? A strong middle class is how you keep this economy viable because they are the biggest CONSUMERS. A time will come when this economy will fail because of GOP economics. Rich people can’t stay rich if the wages of the middle class and poor remain way behind on inflation.

How can one possibly justify GOP policy?
Republicans do nothing for the middle class but Democrats will tax the shit out of them. How is that helping them.

You don't cut taxes in a boom economy, unless you have a balance budget. You don't give the middle class disappearing tax cuts, and give the wealthy permanent tax cuts. Those are Republican policies. If you're not going to be the world's policeman, you don't need the biggest, most expensive army in the world. War is expensive, and putting it on the credit care is worse.

Democrats tax the shit out of the RICH, not the middle class. Republicans are taxing the middle class to pay for earned income credits for poor workers employed by the richest companies in America. Everything since Reagan has been put on the government's credit card for your children to pay for it. Young people are mad as hell. You lived the good life, they have to pay for it.

No

JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

LIES!!! All LIES!!!

You seem to have forgotten to include your reliable source and working link supporting your allegations that my post is a lie.

Because there is no evidence that manufacturing is down thanks to tariffs
But there is

Steel tariffs hurt manufacturers downstream, data shows

No

Of course I wish the economy would always go up no matter what

but the real world is never that way

we will have to struggle for years to bring jobs back to America

but the first step was trump leading the way

No

JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

See?

Take that libs

No

Of course I wish the economy would always go up no matter what

but the real world is never that way

we will have to struggle for years to bring jobs back to America

but the first step was trump leading the way
And his policy has had the opposite effect. Trumpers sure are dumb...

No

JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

LIES!!! All LIES!!!

You seem to have forgotten to include your reliable source and working link supporting your allegations that my post is a lie.
Don’t fret...
Some psycho Lib will provide a Link that says the economy sucks.

No

JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

LIES!!! All LIES!!!
Economic growth in America instead of china does not seem to be welcome news for liberals

This NPR?

economists at the Federal Reserve say the initial steel tariffs actually backfired, increasing costs and forcing job cuts. The latest job cuts come from U.S. Steel, which will soon lay off more than 1,500 workers at its massive facility near Detroit. From member station WDET in Detroit, Quinn Klinefelter reports.

Over 1,500 Layoffs Coming To U.S. Steel Plant Near Detroit
I will give you someone who is even better than an economist

because unlike the academics he puts his money where his mouth is

warren buffett

the trump solution is not exactly the same as what buffett prosed but the goal of returning manufacturing and jobs to America and reducing our trade deficit is the same

Warren Buffett: Here's How I Would Solve the Trade Problem

buffett sees tariffs as a last resort but still a useful tool

There is nothing in your link to suggest that Warren Buffet disagrees that the steel tarifs backfired.

2 years after these tarrifs went into effect we have LESS people employed in the industry, not more - you don't need Warren's opinion to know they didn't work.

6c90b63a7240c31b60751c23ab80a197
That was 2016 before the trump steel tariffs

buffet clearly disagrees with the globalists who are not worried about the trade deficit and the absence of American manufacturing

his plan is import credits that will in the end impose tariffs on foreign goods

...The graph extends to 2020 and clearly shows when tarrifs went into effect. I suggest you go get some glasses and look it over again.

No

JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

See?

Take that libs
Shockingly an uptick after trump cuts back on tariffs. Trump picks up tariffs and manufacturing goes down, he steps back and it has an up. Looks like tariffs are the problem...duh

No

JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

LIES!!! All LIES!!!

You first. Breitbart is not a reliable source. It's part of the Billionaire Media which is promoting Trump for the tax cuts to billionaires. The Mercers are the people behind Cambridge Analytica which is mined your data for the last election, and has been used by the Russians to meddle in your elections.

Breitbart - Media Bias/Fact Check

• Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, publication of conspiracy theories and propaganda as well as numerous false claims.

As for reliable sources:

Trump pledged to revive the manufacturing sector. But it just fell deeper into a recession. | Markets Insider

U.S. manufacturers experience worst month since 2007-2009 Great Recession, ISM finds

No

JOHN CARNEY
16 Jan 2020

LIES!!! All LIES!!!
Economic growth in America instead of china does not seem to be welcome news for liberals
Gdp growth is going down...

The "catastrophe" of GOP economics is keeping y'all hypocrite lefties 401k's in the black and unemployment at a record low. If you want to logically consider the concept of economic catastrophe look no further than the democrat party that gained the majority halfway into George Bush's 2nd term. Democrat Barney Frank took over as House Banking chairperson and pronounced Fannie Mae as being solvent when it was on the verge of ....well....catastrophe. Fannie collapsed bringing down the entire world economy and democrats had their world class "October surprise". Nobody in the liberal media ever asked Frank what the hell he was doing and he retired with his new husband and faded away.
The only thing worse than Republican Financial policy is the Democrat Financial policy. Last I heard the democrat plan for free everything is 110 TRILLION over 10 years. Seeing as we take in about 4 trillion a year which is 40 trillion in 10yrs it seems they are a little short. I Think We are Going To Need More Rich People.

This NPR?

economists at the Federal Reserve say the initial steel tariffs actually backfired, increasing costs and forcing job cuts. The latest job cuts come from U.S. Steel, which will soon lay off more than 1,500 workers at its massive facility near Detroit. From member station WDET in Detroit, Quinn Klinefelter reports.

Over 1,500 Layoffs Coming To U.S. Steel Plant Near Detroit
I will give you someone who is even better than an economist

because unlike the academics he puts his money where his mouth is

warren buffett

the trump solution is not exactly the same as what buffett prosed but the goal of returning manufacturing and jobs to America and reducing our trade deficit is the same

Warren Buffett: Here's How I Would Solve the Trade Problem

buffett sees tariffs as a last resort but still a useful tool

There is nothing in your link to suggest that Warren Buffet disagrees that the steel tarifs backfired.

2 years after these tarrifs went into effect we have LESS people employed in the industry, not more - you don't need Warren's opinion to know they didn't work.

6c90b63a7240c31b60751c23ab80a197
That was 2016 before the trump steel tariffs

buffet clearly disagrees with the globalists who are not worried about the trade deficit and the absence of American manufacturing

his plan is import credits that will in the end impose tariffs on foreign goods

WTF? The graph extends to 2020. I suggest you go get some glasses and look it over again.
I was discussing warren buffett and that was not his graph

You don't cut taxes in a boom economy, unless you have a balance budget. You don't give the middle class disappearing tax cuts, and give the wealthy permanent tax cuts. Those are Republican policies. If you're not going to be the world's policeman, you don't need the biggest, most expensive army in the world. War is expensive, and putting it on the credit care is worse.

Democrats tax the shit out of the RICH, not the middle class. Republicans are taxing the middle class to pay for earned income credits for poor workers employed by the richest companies in America. Everything since Reagan has been put on the government's credit card for your children to pay for it. Young people are mad as hell. You lived the good life, they have to pay for it.

We did not have a booming economy when those tax cuts, that benefitted everyone, went into effect. Our economy was in the slowest recovery in history since the Great Depression.

As you know, the "disappearing" tax cuts were due to the Democrats.

Be specific, what country should fill the vacuum if we were to abandon our role as the world's policeman? When nobody was in that role, we had two massive World Wars in a period of 30 years killing tens if not hundreds of millions of people and costing trillions of dollars, needlessly. So who? Russia? China? Iran? North Korea? Who would do better?

Why should everyone, low, middle and higher-income Americans share in the cost of running our great country?

Forum List

Back